fridges

can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy a 24v compressor fridge and what sort of price its gonna be .

““DO”” not buy a 24v fridge get one with the automatic 12-24v system this means you can use it in your car and also do not have to worry about the voltage being 12 or24v. also they work down to -18c so they can frezze your stuff as well,the best ones are either WAECO or ENGEL both are not cheap but are the best ones to buy ,try pro-markt- or one of the big suppliers of truck extras ,you could also try your local truck dealer as well depending on the price costs about 300 pounds.

thanks for that mate , i dont wanna get a coolbox as they run the battery down and i do fair bit of southern europe , pretty hot this time of year , a coolbox would be fighting a losing battle . what are the fridges like if your parked up for the weekend

you do get ones with a automatic cut-off if the battery is too low but what i also do is if the wagon is onthe yard for the W/E take the stuff out of the fridge and switch it off ,when on the road i will run the engine once or twice a day when standing as this is cheaper than a callout,when you do not carry slave-leads,just to be safe ,but i have not had any problems due to useing the fridge,
MAKE sure that you place the fridge so that it gets the best ventilation,a further tip is to get a ventaltor and position it so that it blows cold AIR on to the area of the compressor this keeps the heat down due to the motor running as down south in the hot areas the motor will have a high temperture,

Normally a compressor fridge will use less power than a coolbox and operate more efficiently in hot climates.

An alternative is a Mains / 24volt / Gas unit from Electrolux and then you can use the gas when parked up for a weekend, they will freeze food on Gas too

oh right how long would a gas bottle last , the other thing is im pretty restricted for room , i drive a car transporter and was planning on leaving it on the passenger seat or maybe at the end of the bunk

ON the seat no problem just make sure that you secure the fridge
to stop it moveing,as for the gas question perhaps WheelNut will come back with the answer,

pete i have the electrolux that wheelnut mentioned it were200quid brandnew and is 24volt ,240volt and gas with the gas you hook it up just like you would a stove gas bottle pipe regulator the fridge has a ignition button click it it and away you go and as wheelnut says it will freeze your food .i got mine from cdc truck accesories

Hi Madmonk, I have been looking for similar myself. If you go on ebay you can get a WAECO Combi Cool fridge (12v, mains and gas) for around £139. If you are passing Stoke on Trent they are selling these for £115.00 these are not Waeco but look the same the shop is called Atlas Leisure, maybe they will post,they are 1 min off A50. Have fun

hi mate , thanks for that , i dont do a lot of uk mainly surrey to dover or pompey on my way in or out . but i will look into it .

Stick your gas bottle on the truck outside the cab and run a pipe to the fridge. I used one for 4 years and it never let me down, It is now in Africa freezing ice for cold drinks.

My MAN had 2 gas bottles on the chassis for the night heater so i used to link one to the fridge in summer

if you going to park up for a weekend then it is really worth the extra to get a compressor

i have an electrolux fridge and the are absorbtion fridges a compressor will use upto 50% less power on electric 24v as wheel nut had said the gas option is worth considering the this fridge

I used a euroengel for 4 years 24hrs a day every day. I got it from cdc because they have loads of shops on the road and it is easy to take stuff back.
But you can get them cheaper where the make them at Torino if I remember right. A lot of the boys used to get fridges at carisio and then you could get them fixed when you went through but that is not much good if you dont get down there.

Here are three sites that you can have a look at
all three fridges are good ones ,it is just a
matter of choice and costs,

http://www.engelinternational.com

http://www.waeco.de

http://www.dometic.lu

ENGEL-ENGEL-ENGEL!!!