The Range Severn Beach

…has now opened from today so might be some jobs up for grabs, just seen it on the local news and it’s a rather large place to say the least.

bald bloke:
…has now opened from today so might be some jobs up for grabs, just seen it on the local news and it’s a rather large place to say the least.

Have you been to one of there depots , I did Thorne the other day , after a hour parked up and went and asked what was going on , put me on a bay , after another hour I asked them when they would start tipping me as running out of hours ( blank looks ) painful , and what a scruffy hole , if I go back to Bristol I come and work with you bb at asda :wink:

dozy:

bald bloke:

Have you been to one of there depots , I did Thorne the other day , after a hour parked up and went and asked what was going on , put me on a bay , after another hour I asked them when they would start tipping me as running out of hours ( blank looks ) painful , and what a scruffy hole , if I go back to Bristol I come and work with you bb at asda :wink:

I’ll put a good word in for you no worries. :wink:

bald bloke:

dozy:

bald bloke:

No you wouldn’t bb you’d punish me by sending him around the corner to me :unamused:

You stay put dozy
Somebody loves you but just not down here :laughing: :laughing:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

dozy:

bald bloke:

No you wouldn’t bb you’d punish me by sending him around the corner to me :unamused:

You stay put dozy

I bet I was down there along time before you nick and bb :wink: , Easton born and bred , but did progress to coal pit Heath :sunglasses: , but don’t worry I’ll not be comming back until I retire then it’ll be the odd shift at culina to boost the pension :wink: :angry:

dozy:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

You stay put dozy

I bet I was down there along time before you nick and bb :wink: , Easton born and bred , but did progress to coal pit Heath :sunglasses: , but don’t worry I’ll not be comming back until I retire then it’ll be the odd shift at culina to boost the pension :wink: :angry:

Born in Southmead hospital, early part of my life growing up in Bishopsworth moved to Fishponds then to Yate then to Longwell green which is where I still live so I’m still a local lad dozy and that’s 56 yrs :wink:

nick2008:

dozy:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

You stay put dozy

Born in Southmead hospital, early part of my life growing up in Bishopsworth moved to Fishponds then to Yate then to Longwell green which is where I still live so I’m still a local lad dozy and that’s 56 yrs :wink:

As we are on our life stories I’m a Trowbridge lad but lived in Bristol for the last 45 yrs and most of that in Shirehampton. As for Dozy you’ll fit in well at Culina so when the time is right go for it :wink:

nick2008:

dozy:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

You stay put dozy

Yea I did live in fish ponds as well , alcove rd and also staple hill , went to chase school at mangotsfield , no idea where I was born but could of been south mead or was frenchay open then , remember going there when I was at school so maybe , left 30 yrs ago apx so it’s changed a lot I guess ( come down for family winterbourne and football but you
Don’t see a lot of city, miss my
Football more than anything , but will come back some time

Will you lot get a room…

[/quote]
Yea I did live in fish ponds as well , alcove rd and also staple hill , went to chase school at mangotsfield , no idea where I was born but could of been south mead or was frenchay open then , remember going there when I was at school so maybe , left 30 yrs ago apx so it’s changed a lot I guess ( come down for family winterbourne and football but you
Don’t see a lot of city, miss my
Football more than anything , but will come back some time
[/quote]
I’m not sure you were born Dozy. More than likely you were created in a lab as some sort of weird experiment :laughing:

Hmmmm Alcove rd now that’s worrying as I was knocking a bird off up there God forbid :open_mouth:
Frenchay hospt was opened In the 20s but came into itself in the 40’s and grew from there.spent many an hour playing Dr with a few Nurses there :wink: :wink:

nick2008:
Hmmmm Alcove rd now that’s worrying as I was knocking a bird off up there God forbid :open_mouth:
Frenchay hospt was opened In the 20s but came into itself in the 40’s and grew from there.spent many an hour playing Dr with a few Nurses there :wink: :wink:

OMG you could be related to the dozemiester :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

OMG you could be related to the dozemiester :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

He could be dozy’s long lost father…

nick2008:

It wasn’t my sister I hope , we were in the 3 story places on the right as you went up , though we were lucky ours was still standing , kitchen was on 2 nd floor at front with living room at back , full length window in living room and I sat there and could see this flickering in window :sunglasses: , stood up and looked in kitchen to see curtains on fire ( forgot sausages cooking in chip pan ) :blush: , tried to get chip pan out door to head down stairs , ended up with burnt arms , fire brigade finally put it out but as central type heating was air vents the smoke had gone every where , mum was good as gold with me when she got home , dad went mental when he returned from the darts :frowning: , mum just stayed between him and me :exclamation: :exclamation: , hed not really forgave me , as he’d brought me a triumph 1300 and I’d decided to change the radio and there ended up smoke everywhere and me shouting him to put it out , sis / bro were never any trouble , I was his worst nightmare as a son
I look back and laugh about it all , but poor old dad he wondered what he’s done wrong to deserve me

dozy:

nick2008:

It wasn’t my sister I hope , we were in the 3 story places on the right as you went up , though we were lucky ours was still standing , kitchen was on 2 nd floor at front with living room at back , full length window in living room and I sat there and could see this flickering in window :sunglasses: , stood up and looked in kitchen to see curtains on fire ( forgot sausages cooking in chip pan ) :blush: , tried to get chip pan out door to head down stairs , ended up with burnt arms , fire brigade finally put it out but as central type heating was air vents the smoke had gone every where , mum was good as gold with me when she got home , dad went mental when he returned from the darts :frowning: , mum just stayed between him and me :exclamation: :exclamation: , hed not really forgave me , as he’d brought me a triumph 1300 and I’d decided to change the radio and there ended up smoke everywhere and me shouting him to put it out , sis / bro were never any trouble , I was his worst nightmare as a son
I look back and laugh about it all , but poor old dad he wondered what he’s done wrong to deserve me

iT5m9O198zl4I.gif

My mum is from Fishponds. Vassall Road. Lots of memories from visiting grandparents there and walking in the big park. Seem to recall an air raid siren used to sound from the government place at the end of the road too.
Oh and the time I rang the fire brigade from their house when I was about 4. Heard the sirens coming and ran upstairs and hid under the bed. The fireman searched the whole house and found me.
Mum didn’t talk to me for about 2 weeks.
Happy days.

109LWB:
My mum is from Fishponds. Vassall Road. Lots of memories from visiting grandparents there and walking in the big park. Seem to recall an air raid siren used to sound from the government place at the end of the road too.
Oh and the time I rang the fire brigade from their house when I was about 4. Heard the sirens coming and ran upstairs and hid under the bed. The fireman searched the whole house and found me.
Mum didn’t talk to me for about 2 weeks.
Happy days.

Every weds the siren was tested at frenchay hospital.
It was an early call for major disaster that staff that lived nearby would make their way to the hospital.
There was one on the disability centre but was sounded only occasionally.
I lived just past the x hands pub

Must have been the disability centre as grandparents lived right at the end closest to the park and right opposite whatever that place used to be before it got turned to houses. The siren was closer than frenchay, but I do remember often hearing a loud alarm from frenchay too. Even remember my grandma telling me about the hospital when we were on a walk and heard it.