Does being really low on ad blue

Change the sound of the engine in anyway? I’m literally on empty as Tamworth services had no blue this morning and I’ve found no Keyfuels sites all day. If anyone knows of any keyfuels between Birmingham and Telford please let me know!

My exhaust all of a sudden sounds like it’s blowing or the turbo is im not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it can go into limp mode.

or this maybe

You really do not want to go into limp mode. Happened to me and a mate once on the a38. Think we was hitting a mighty 12mph down it until we came to the shell garage to fill it up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12mph? That’s a bit extreme. The computer is supposed to limit power to convince you to fill up but that’s a ■■■■■■■■■

Cheers for the keyfuels pics, as for the noise the trucks making I’m hoping it’s the blue :/.

Just in freightliner at the minute the ques to box on and off are huge!

Maritime still expecting me to do a third job for Telford before I finish baring in mind I started at 5am this morning!!

Tamworth services is a key fuels site

Williams9881:
Cheers for the keyfuels pics, as for the noise the trucks making I’m hoping it’s the blue :/.

Just in freightliner at the minute the ques to box on and off are huge!

Maritime still expecting me to do a third job for Telford before I finish baring in mind I started at 5am this morning!!

Are you telling them to do one, or are you lubing up…

Alant:
Tamworth services is a key fuels site

I was about to say that lol… to be fair there are loads around that area

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There’s a Keyfuels App for your smartphone too. Very useful.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep one at Tamworth, one a bit further down the a5 at Dordon & one on a460 between m6 & m54

But do they all sell add blue

please do not listen to the rdc boys and girls about just peeing or adding anything else instead of ad blue as it will only end in expensive tears, better to get the chip and remap boys to just turn it off, (so I’m told) just remember to have some in the tank for the meter reader.

Dordon a5 is keyfuels but they were out of blue.

My iveco"derates"if I let the ad blue drop below a quarter.
Slight loss of power…and then it won’t use any ad blue at all for a day.
Then it sorts itself.

pickandmix:
But do they all sell add blue

Very few filling stations don’t sell AdBlue these days - even if it is only in 10 litre plastic cans.

I’ve bought a big bottle of the stuff, keep it in the side locker. Just put it down as an expense.

Save your empties and refill in the yard

Why on earth do companies send drivers out in vehicles that use Ad blue or DEF as it is known over here ? If you have no idea how the system works read the [zb] manual before you do. The first truck I had with the system I looked at the manual and found out everything I needed to know, if there is no manual ask, there can be no shame in asking for advice rather than breaking down because the engine has shut down when you run out of it. It’s quite simple really, every time you fill with fuel top up the DEF (ad blue). If you ruin the engine your boss will be really angry and you will look like the idiot you show yourself to be.

Pat Hasler:
Why on earth do companies send drivers out in vehicles that use Ad blue or DEF as it is known over here ? If you have no idea how the system works read the [zb] manual before you do. The first truck I had with the system I looked at the manual and found out everything I needed to know, if there is no manual ask, there can be no shame in asking for advice rather than breaking down because the engine has shut down when you run out of it. It’s quite simple really, every time you fill with fuel top up the DEF (ad blue). If you ruin the engine your boss will be really angry and you will look like the idiot you show yourself to be.

There ya go Williams9881, you have just been told by a driving God :unamused: