ADBlue Locations

This has probably been brought up before in a thread, if it has I apologise, but has anyone had difficulty in getting the dreaded adblue while out on the road??

This week has been a nightmare, trying to find outlets for the stuff let alone the price variations. When they (manufacturers) decided to release the SCR engine didnt they think of giving us more than a few places to purchase the stuff■■?

I now know of 4, possible 5, where I can buy it in 10l containers (no diesel card yet.) Lymm TS, J29 TS, and the Esso and Shell stations at Yeovil on the A303. The possible is M1/J13 TS though I havent tried in there yet. Surely every MSA should have facilities for us drivers with a vehicle younger than a '56 ('07) to be able to get it, though if you ask most forecourt attendants if they sell it you get the typical questions of “Whats that then?” and “So whats it used for?”

my daf ran low other week gosh now i know what it was like driving a gardner 180.

look through these links

SHELL

OR BP

OR THIS ONE

THIS one is better AD-BLUE

How much flippin mileage are you doing? You shouldn’t need to fill up more than once a week.

Conor:
How much flippin mileage are you doing? You shouldn’t need to fill up more than once a week.

I dont normally Conor. The problem was that the boss forgot to order some so I went out with less than half a tank on the monday. I ended up putting 40 litres of it in during the week. Also considering I went to Cornwall on tuesday and on thursday I had Rochdale.

This week I clocked over 2000km, with little runs in between the big ones. Plus if you can only put 20 litres in an almost empty tank by the time you can get to somewhere to purchase it, then it drinks it quicker than it would if it was a full tank, well my Iveco does anyway. I’ll monitor the consumption this week with a full tank and if there is a problem then the fitters can have her in on saturday to check the tank and pump.

Jcn 38 services at Tebay you can get it although the white tank says Durea on it not the Westmoorland services off the M6 its the ones before as you head north,

also seen it in bottle form in one of the services on the M1

When you fill up with this blue ■■■■, Why not fill a gallon can up at the same time. Therefore you will always have some in reserve.
Surley you carry a can of oil, a bottle of water, and spare bulbs So why not adblue?
How else can people complete a daily check without the above items?

On the M6, there’s the HGV filling station at Shareshill that has Adblue. Going out of Hull on the A63, the Total Station just after the Humber Bridge does Adblue as well.

Im pretty sure you can get it from most of the truck manufacturers that use ad blue, :confused: I know you can pick it up from Volvo’s anyway,cause we had a shortage about a year ago in our yard so we had to go get the 5 litre containers of the stuff from Volvo’s at Nursling…I keep one of the containers and just use it/top it up when i get a bit low :wink:

I’ve seen it at M1 Newport Pagnel Services & M25 South Mimms.

Rog

Brobot (Jet )
A38 Northbound
Derby Rd, Eggington, Derby,
DE65 6GY
Telephone: 01283 702565

That’s just south of the Toyota Island, A38 x A50.