hgv mot

Is there any way to check if a hgv has an mot? I know there is a site for cars but can’t find one for hgvs

Dont particularly want to ask office as the reply will be what do you want to know that for.

vwgpmk2:
Is there any way to check if a hgv has an mot? I know there is a site for cars but can’t find one for hgvs

Dont particularly want to ask office as the reply will be what do you want to know that for.

No there isnt but why would you want to concern youself anyway ?

Here:

gov.uk/check-mot-status

However for some reason not all vehicles appear. I have just checked two HGVs, one appears the other doesn’t. It is the same thing with cars and buses, some are recorded others are not.

chaversdad:

vwgpmk2:

No there isnt but why would you want to concern youself anyway ?

simply for my own piece of mind. My employer is one of these that thinks you still have 14 days grace to tax a vehicle.

It is your responsibility to make sure that your vehicle is road worthy and that it is taxed, insured and mot’d. If your employer refuses to show you evidence of this, then you simply don’t take it out on the road.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

lizard:
It is your responsibility to make sure that your vehicle is road worthy and that it is taxed, insured and mot’d. If your employer refuses to show you evidence of this, then you simply don’t take it out on the road.

No it’s not, roadworthy yes, tax, insurance and mot is your employers problem, as you have no way to check it.
The only exemption is trailers, as the vehicle is not roadworthy if it doesn’t carry its MOT disc.

caledoniandream:

lizard:

No it’s not, roadworthy yes, tax, insurance and mot is your employers problem, as you have no way to check it.
The only exemption is trailers, as the vehicle is not roadworthy if it doesn’t carry its MOT disc.

Unless it’s less than a year old.

caledoniandream:

lizard:

So is your truck taxed, insured, mot’d.

lizard:

caledoniandream:

lizard:

So is your truck taxed, insured, mot’d.

I wouldn’t know, or don’t even care, if they seize it because it’s neither of these, than my employer has a problem.
How do you know if yours are? your employer can show you any kind of paper, doesn’t mean anything, has no legal status.
Yes as an employer, I always made sure they where, but as an employee, my only interest is, can I see that it is roadworthy, and is he going to pay me on the end?.
And you can hook up and European trailer, shipped over from the continent, and it could be years out of MOT and you cannot see it as there is no requirement on the continent to show your mot.

Are you asking your employer when he serviced his vehicles and do you see proof of it?

Some advice, make sure your part is correct, and let your employer worry about the rest.

People are moaning the jobs hard and then they want to be getting into wether the trucks tested and insured, just do your checks and if its roadworthy get in and drive the ■■■■■■■ thing instead of involving yourselves in things that dont concern you

cav551:
Here:

gov.uk/check-mot-status

However for some reason not all vehicles appear. I have just checked two HGVs, one appears the other doesn’t. It is the same thing with cars and buses, some are recorded others are not.

MoT status for the vast majority (almost all - in fact I’m surprised that anything over 7.5T is shown) HGVs and buses is not available via that website.

chaversdad:
just do your checks and if its roadworthy get in and drive the [zb] thing instead of involving yourselves in things that dont concern you

If you have an accident it’ll bloody well concern you if it was insured or not especially when you end up injured and find there’s no insurance your employer has you can claim from.

Ok Connor how many drivers you reckon on here work for a firm that dont have insurance ?

I can honestly say in the 28 yrs since i passed my class 1 i.ve never ever felt the need to ask an employer to show me his insurance and the vehicles Mot

Conor:

chaversdad:
just do your checks and if its roadworthy get in and drive the [zb] thing instead of involving yourselves in things that dont concern you

If you have an accident it’ll bloody well concern you if it was insured or not especially when you end up injured and find there’s no insurance your employer has you can claim from.

Wouldn’t he be covered by the MIB then? since they will know who the vehicle owner is.

Conor:

chaversdad:

The legal minimum insurance doesn’t cover injury to the driver anyway - only passengers and third parties…

As a driver, you’d be more interested in the status of your employer’s Employer Liability insurance and the motor insurance of whatever vehicle you hit (or are hit by). Not sure how you’re going to check the latter without some form of continuously running ANPR system with a direct link to the MIB though?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And most drivers woudnt know the difference (no offence intended) between a fleet policy, public liabilty or employers liabilty insurance

I honestly think 99.9% of drivers have nothing to worry about with there vehicle being tested and insured , theres so many Anpr cameras about you wouldnt get a days work done without getting a pull

Only the employer needs to concern himself with the insurance and mot status of the vehicle. Any problems with either the employer will be in court not the driver.

I managed to drive around for 3 months with no mot ( I didn’t know it had expired at the time ) , obviously I must of avoided all the anpr cameras then ! :unamused:
I did know the 6 weekly checks were few and far between ,( I did ask for a copy of a certain inspection as I knew it hadnt been done and was falsified , I ripped it up in front of the TM :smiling_imp: :imp: .His face was a picture :laughing: ). Itwent to a dealer for a proper inspection the next day .

I no longer work for that shower :stuck_out_tongue:

Mikey D:
I managed to drive around for 3 months with no mot ( I didn’t know it had expired at the time ) , obviously I must of avoided all the anpr cameras then ! :unamused:
I did know the 6 weekly checks were few and far between ,( I did ask for a copy of a certain inspection as I knew it hadnt been done and was falsified , I ripped it up in front of the TM :smiling_imp: :imp: .His face was a picture :laughing: ). Itwent to a dealer for a proper inspection the next day .

I no longer work for that shower :stuck_out_tongue:

As i said 99.9% you must be special :unamused: