Seat mounted lorry cranes

Havent suffered with sciatica for a while but over the past week, it has come back with vengeance. It must be due to being perched on the Palfinger, during this current cold snap.
Do you think I would be within my rights, to request a heated seat (do they do such a thing) on health grounds ?
The cold is not doing my “Chalfonts” any favours either :neutral_face:
You remote boys don’t know how lucky you are.
Roll on summer !!

Suedehead:
Havent suffered with sciatica for a while but over the past week, it has come back with vengeance. It must be due to being perched on the Palfinger, during this current cold snap.
Do you think I would be within my rights, to request a heated seat (do they do such a thing) on health grounds ?
Roll on summer !!

I don’t know about heated seats , but I did many years on top seat cranes and always carried a big slab of foam in the lorry . A big help especially when there’s frost on the seat .

Sitting on bubble wrap always helps when I’m on a cold forklift seat

Suedehead:
Roll on summer !!

This has to be a wind-up, it’s never bothered us real men, but I do have a heated seat on the bike,lovely in this cold weather.

I thought Sciatica was an inflammation of the sciatic nerve and nowt to do with the cold. Piece of foam has to be a good idea to keep the chill out.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

It is owing degeneration of an intervertebral disc. Its all about your posture.
I get it seems worse in the cold cause you intend to tense up in cold weather.

We have a grab wagon with heated seat
Renault 8 legger

Suedehead:
Roll on summer !!

Get to t’doctors about your Chalfonts if they are causing grief.
They will arrange for them snipping off.
Nowt of a job these days.
You’ll be in and out of hospital same day.

You can get heated seats but at -6 they take an age to heat up

What I would give to have my old hiab Back with to joynsticks and foot controls and a nice seat to sit on … had a remote for a few years and still bloody hate them… :unamused:
And I still suffer with a bad back :cry:

+100 :smiley:

when you get your remote control, OK you won’t be sitting on a cold seat, but you’ll be standing around in the cold 5 times as long! By the time your on the third pallet, the bloke with the top seat and levers will be back in his warm cab and away. If its really a problem, get a pair of the over-trousers the cold store guys wear.

Just get quicker at unloading the goods so your not sitting on that top seat for too long.