Trucky is alive and well...not so well though

Hi everyone…i am sorry i havnt been on for a while…but due to work committments…i dont seem to have a lot of time on my hands lately.
i have recently returned from Bulgaria after my holidays…but i had a few problems whilst there.
my wife insists that i shouldnt really go there in the height of the summer…i dont like the hot sun (40 degrees )…dont like sitting on the beach .but i do like looking at all the ■■■■■■■ birds…
We had to rent an apartment this year…and it was almost on the beach …but not far from an allnight beach bar …the music was thumping till 3am…and sometimes 6am…when we eventually spoke to the owner …he said…yeah ..i know..didnt realise untill i had bought it…but that wasnt the only problem …i suffered with back problems over the years…and 3 years ago…i had what i thought was sciatica…that w3as in bulgaria as well…so my wife went tpo a doctor…and after i went to the surgery…he injected my spine with a resin…said it was an exposed nerve…however …he cured the problem …but said it will return …with a vengeance…so guess what happened this year …it did return …after 3 trouble free years…so we managed to find the same doctor…who happens to be a neuro surgeon…however the injection this time didnt work and i was in constant pain…he advised us to travel to my wifes old town where she used to live ( ruse) or russe…so we hired a car…and drove the 200 kms…went straight to the hospital…and had a full body scan …what a result to not only find what my problem is…but to actually have a scan…on the same day we arrived…with the x rays duly bagged up…we went for a meal…and stayed in our other apartment…we had some other busines in the town…and later that afternoon we headed back to varna…
the doctor is doing a summer stint in golden sands…and we went to see him on the monday…
he looked at the photos, and told my wife… i now know why hes in so much pain...my discs 3, 4, and 5 are lacking a cushion..plus one of my discs have slipped..and is trapping the nerve endings to my legs.. plus the channel where the nerves run, are also blocked, and needs to be cleared...so there you have it....the short answer is an operation..which he offered to do for 2000 leva..(2.74 to the [pound)...but advised me to try and get it done in the uk...so when i see my doctor.i will have words...but dont hold your breath...the waiting list is probably endless...but failing that i will try and get funding from the NHS..or i will pay for it myself...i suppose i could tell them im a pole…and get it for free…and tomorrow…anyway…i`m back …and alone…cos the wifes gone to holland for a week…ohy what bliss.

Read an old article today,about an old dear who had a hip replacement in France,and after going to court,managed to get the NHS to cough up what she had paid out,becasue the court said she had the right to treatment in the EU,and because we are a member state,Phoney Blairs government had to pay up!!!

Result.

Might be worth a try.

Ken.

UK doctor will give you a handful of painkillers. :unamused:

Truckyboy good to have you back,sorry to hear about your trouble,hope you get it sorted soon,been having shoulder trouble myself and been told there is 3 year waiting list,complained about this with help of my GP, couple of days later had a call from a clinic in SHEFFIELD! who have a team at a Hospital in Belfast,appt 3weeks later on a Sat afternoon!,if you dont get satisfaction keep complaining or move to N. Ireland,regards derek

Nice to hear from you Bob, but sad to hear the bad news about your back. Have suffered with back trouble myself since I was 18 when I lifted a full crate of milk awkward and damaged my spinal cord which resulted in me being unable to walk for over 6 months. I slowly got back into it using a walking frame and have luckily made a full recovery, but still get bad days when the pain comes back with a vengeance so I sympathise with you totally.

Take it easy :frowning: .

I too, sympathise. I have a progressive spinal cord problem which causes similar symptoms, amongst others. I hope they get it sorted for you, I really do.

Hi Everyone…thanks for the great words and comfort of support …of course you can only get this friendship on trucknet…i have a hospital appointment in september …but un-related to my back …but i have booked the day off and will visit my gp in the morning and show him my scan results…and see what he has to say…i will keep you all posted as to the outcome…