Can I go do a change over without dcpc?

Just looking for some info as to where I stand legally with this. I have been asked if I want to take a trailer out to another chap swap trailers and come back , to save him a few hours driving time . I’m not a professional driver but do hold a C+E. I’m booked to do my cpc end of Feb , but as I say I currently not driving professionally.

Can I take the loaded trailer out to him and bring the empty back?

The distance is about 80 miles

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No

Another no

commercial venture - also paid or not makes no difference

Cheers guys what I thought to be honest just thought I’d find out , I’m happy to wait till I’m nice and legal

Just go and do it,who’s gonna know any different, don’t ask here too much negativity.

bobbya:
Just go and do it,who’s gonna know any different, don’t ask here too much negativity.

Really■■? Encouraging someone to run bent, great advice :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Your signature suggests you are a new driver? Surely you done the initial cpc during your training?

bobbya:

+1

legally no.in reality land,just do it and lie through your teeth if need be so long as your boss covers you with the same story.assuming your getting paid cash…anything you ask on here will be nitpicked to the nth degree with the holier than though dudly do good brigade…crack on and mabey get a job out of it. :slight_smile:

How would the insurance be deemed if an incident occurred and the driver had no DQC :question:

Insurance should be fine because As long as he holds the correct entitlement to drive that vehicle the DCPC bs doesn’t affect his ability to drive or his entitlement to drive it’s a fine if caught thats it

bobbya:

The OP asked a question and got an answer, where’s the negativity in that ?

What the OP does with the information he’s been given is his choice and now he’s been given the information he wanted he can make an informed choice.

bobbya:

Just for your info, I drive a 16 Reg artic that is kept clean and tidy and have green OCRAS score and I was stopped yesterday and first thing they asked for was driver CPC card.

madmackem:

bobbya:

Really■■? Encouraging someone to run bent, great advice :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Legally, a driver shouldn’t drive an HGV if he is not in possession of a DCPC card, but I would have to say that I wouldn’t personally consider a driver without one to be inherently dangerous. I spent a whole afternoon on my DCPC course learning what the minor driving licence letters meant for mopeds, road-going lawn mowers and invalid carriages. Before I even got half-way home in the car I had forgotten all of it.

Would I be safer driving a truck if could remember what type of licence I needed to ride a moped?

tommy t:
Insurance should be fine because As long as he holds the correct entitlement to drive that vehicle the DCPC bs doesn’t affect his ability to drive or his entitlement to drive it’s a fine if caught thats it

I am not so sure because they do not have the right to drive that vehicle commercially - privately yes

What’s going on are we back in the eighties? Gonna take a loaded trailer out with no DCPC, no insurance, and it will be no insurance if you are involved in any carnage, your fault or not. To save another driver some of his precious driving time. If another driver asked me to do this this I’d take the magnet off the tacho and push it up zb (with CE recommended safety gloves).

tommy t:

Nope the terms of insurance would state that the terms and conditions of the licence holder is NOT fulfilled i.e. To carry out the duties in question it’s a condition that the xox qualification is held

tommy t:
it’s a fine if caught thats it

To be honest I thought it was just a fine but not according to the DVSA enforcement sanctions policy.

Page 81 and 82 - Enforcement Sanctions Policy

DRIVING WITHOUT A VALID DRIVER CPC - INITIAL QUALIFICATION = P & report to TC
DRIVING WITHOUT A VALID DRIVER CPC - PERIODIC QUALIFICATION P & report to TC
P = Prosecution. Court deposit to be taken where offender has no verifiable UK address

I don’t know if they actually would prosecute because it seems a bit ott to me, but that’s what the enforcement sanctions policy says.

All because you are doing them out of their poxy rip off upload fee

The law says no. Heroes here will say yes. Your choice.
Personally I would say ■■■■ no!

Na I’m going to wait till I’m nice and legal! Only a month or so!