Cpc

Hi all just got a nice job wiv council the monys good im driving a 12tonne wagon as it refuse recyling do i need cpc ive not got any jus my mode 2 do u need full cpc iv told no does not matter dont use tAchos eithier jus write in a book the hours

Firstly, congratulations on landing the job. You are correct that you wont use tacho as you are on domestic hours. Not prepared to pass judgement on the driver cpc as, being at home, I have no documentation to hand. But I would have thought that you possibly do need it. We train drivers directly for 3 local authorities and they all stipulate cpc. The difficulty comes that there have not yet been any test cases to clarify the issue. In any case, it makes sense to do it as you have Mod 2 which is quietly expiring and you will almost certainly need cpc if you decide to go for another job.

Sorry to be of so little help this time. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Dcpc is for commercial driving whether under EU or domestic regs unless an exemption applies

I do not think refuse recycling or similar is under any of these exemptions = gov.uk/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples

Thanks ROG. Just to tired to find the info. Glad it seems I was right anyway.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My next door neighbour’s a bin man and he’s doing his dcpc.