Boris panics

Look Boris and TFL panic.What are cycle friendly mirror’s

standard.co.uk/news/transpor … 95952.html

This looks like affecting any pre 1973 preserved lorry which is currently allowed to drive in London since it is exempt from the LEZ.

what exactly is a "cycle friendly " mirror ■■

So lets see if transport companies have the balls to 1. refuse to deliver into London 2. Charge their customers and extra £130 per ticket. A driver may get away with it, for an hour, and then get caught, maybe more than once, this whole cyclist thing is getting out of hand, and someone has to take a stand. I appeal to any company who has a delivery to TFL to stand their ground, and phone from the outskirts to tell them…Come and get your goods, theyre in Chobham services

Good idea, you can go first as a test case. It’s a disgrace that these people want unsafe vehicles off the roads, where will it end?

If i was still an O/D i would…more people should make a stand, cos it gettin outta hand, hey theres a sign for a song, im a poet and dont know it..Ok im gonna get my union off the ground at put a stop to all the ■■■■■■■■, right the address to send the money to…sorry…subscriptions is as follows:

Mr Laurie Driver
PO box 69
Bahamas

If it was about safety then why put a 3.5 tonne lower limit. I’m pretty sure a 3.5 tonne transit is hoping to cause a mess of you if it squashes you to the side.

Slackbladder:
Good idea, you can go first as a test case. It’s a disgrace that these people want unsafe vehicles off the roads, where will it end?

But they’re not unsafe though. They already have the mirrors fitted and cyclists have to deliberately place themselves in a position of danger to end up at a point where sidebars would make a difference.

Slackbladder:

How can they be unsafe in London but safe every were else.All its is TFL wants more money.
How would a fine make it safer.

Someone needs to tell Boris and/or the Standard that the M25 doesn’t form the zb hole’s borders.There’s plenty of areas within the M25 that aren’t subject to Boris’/London’s administration.If London is planning to extend it’s borders ( again ) then let us know so we can move out. :unamused: :imp:

Conor:

Slackbladder:

But they’re not unsafe though. They already have the mirrors fitted and cyclists have to deliberately place themselves in a position of danger to end up at a point where sidebars would make a difference.

It doesn’t take a genius to realise that trucks in everyday use already comply with all recent type approval in regards to mirrors.While it’s also obvious that for side bars to ( maybe ) make a difference things would already have gone past the point of being dangerous because they won’t stop the wheels going over someone who’s been knocked to the ground.

boris is nothing more than a richard HEAD !! and a lazy fat one at that, he isn’t right in the head

When I owned my own wagons I would never take a job to London, I wouldn’t even price one, I used to say “I’m sorry we don’t deliver to that area”, all my regular customers knew that and were happy with it, one job to London would tie a truck up for an endless amount of time, I could never plan for it to be back in the yard at a specific time or even a back load for it.
As said on here, let Londoners keep clean air and empty shops, see what happens then.

Realy its about fitting side bars on construction trucks as any other trucks will have them the mirrors sre your standard ones we need by law.
Any trucks on crossrail is fitted with this and it was a dot on the cards any other big projects would want it.
Its a non event and wont make any difference as most of the trucks involved in the fatal crashes last year would of had them.

Fit as many mirrors as you want. It isn’t going to make the person sat in the drivers seat look in them. More often than not when I get in a wagon the kerb mirror and front windscreen blind spot mirror are usually out of position and/or filthy. So they clearly aren’t being used on a regular basis.

We already charge £150 for haulage into London, plus congestion charge if necessary. People pay it to. I kid you not. I was in WC1 today at UCL.

F-reds

tommy t:
boris is nothing more than a richard HEAD !! and a lazy fat one at that, he isn’t right in the head

That’s as maybe but he’s running the capital city & you’re staring at Tarmac all shift.

The recent spate of vehicle checks in London found the vast majority of those stopped did have faults suggesting something should be done about them. That said even if all vehicles were found to be legal & had 10 more mirrors each you still cannot eliminate the idiot factor, wether they are on a bike or behind the wheel.

Running a city as apposed to staring at Tarmac all day is no guide to intelligence.

It’s the cyclists that need educating not trucks modifying I’ve seen tippers with underun bars and all the other crap needed for cross rail work involved in fatalities with cyclists these modifications don’t stop the accidents

Diversion2:
Running a city as apposed to staring at Tarmac all day is no guide to intelligence.

D’ya reckon? Being able to do The Sun crossword without cutting yourself on your crayons or soaking the paper with saliva is no guide to intelligence either I reckon, but (and it’s a big but) don’t confuse Boris’s buffoonery with stupidity. I reckon that being intelligent doesn’t necessarily equate to being smart, but I think Boris is something of a wolf in a sheeps clothing. Future PM anybody?