Drink anyone?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be … s-25824255

Nothing wrong with that think M&S have being selling drink at services for years

Its everywhere in Europe, nowt wrong with them opening that place there.

My guess would be it’s going to be dearer than yer average 'spoon! I can think of good things and bad things so I’ll sit on this fence for a while…

I wouldn’t call it a motorway pub as it’s not at a motorway-only accessible service area.

No doubt the police will be pulling every man and his dog, Breathalising people when they’re having a kip.
They’ll claim to spend a few million pounds per year policing it.
I’d like to know how much a breakfast is there? You get a good deal at my local wetherspoons.

Could care less about it,likely pay thought ur nose for a pint in it.can’t see it doing any harm to truckers. Some truck stops have pubs e.g The red lion and Alocbury.I carry the hip fflask with whiskey in it and also the case of beer under the bed. Not every day/night I bother with a drink and when I do iI only have 6 cans or so. I keep the whiskey in case I get the cold and I find the odd hot one helps.yes if Ipark up beside a pub iI likely will go in, have a pint or 2 and read the papers.

tbh, I`m thinking “in what way is this a commonsense move?” conflict of interests at play here. Despite the avowed struggle for ever safer roads/drivers, a brewery giant gets the go-ahead for them?
never underestimate the power of the big, brown envelope!

must feel like a slap in the face for our safety boys and the police

Let`s all go mental…beer marquees on the hard shoulder every 5mls or so. It can get warm in those cabs!

I’m gonna give the food a go, I’m sick of sandwiches! I need my vegetables :slight_smile:

Think they were opening one on Michael Wood services when I used to go Bristol

If a car or mini bus pulls in there,the passengers would have a drink on the way to the airport to go on holiday.
All these truckstops have had bars for years;
Lincoln Farm cafe.
Shepshed.
Rugby.
Jacks Cafe Towcester.
The Hollies.
Lockerbie.
Waltham Abbey M25,j 26.
Chippenham Hideaway.
As said,in Europe,you get a jug of wine with the meal or beer.Apperitifs and digestive drinks before and after a meal to aid digestion.And Avonmouth Avon Lodge has a bar.

I think it’s good news that Wetherspoon’s are branching into services, so long as they follow M&S & McDonalds lead and not take the royal ■■■■ with inflated prices. Will be a good place to get some half decent scran, rather than the rip off “only £4.99 for a bacon butty” merchants like EAT In.

Another thing for Brits to moan about…

Orwell crossing, Stock yard and J29 truck stops to go on that list too.

I think J23 has a bar in too.

DrivingMissDaisy:
My guess would be it’s going to be dearer than yer average 'spoon! …

definatly
judging by the prices weatherspoons charge at birmingham airprort the prices will be outrageious

villa:

DrivingMissDaisy:
My guess would be it’s going to be dearer than yer average 'spoon! …

definatly
judging by the prices weatherspoons charge at birmingham airprort the prices will be outrageious

The prices at the NEC is stupid too.

I’m sure the one at Donnington Park is open too, so it is hardly a first in the country.

On a night out,i have never seen a Lgv driver drunk at a truckstop.All our metabolisms are different.One can have a few and be under the limit.Another has one and over the limit.
Three hours for lunch and dinner was normal in France.I did wonder how they got the job done.
At a Rouitier,you talk with drivers at the bar with a Pernod or Ricardo,an aniseed or liqourice liquer.
Then sit down to eat.After the meal,stand at the bar for a Calvados or brandy.It ferments the food.Never seen a drunk Lgv driver in Europe.