A drink after work?

Just wondered how many drivers had a drink in the lorry once parked up for the night, i sometimes have one maybe two after i’ve eaten if its been a hard day.

Anyone else?

at least 4 every night helps me relax and sleep properly as i suffer with PTSD

Yep I have a few

“on da boat now gonna have a few pints of Guinness after my shower”

Used to have a couple every night I was out but don’t bother now as it always leads to me wanting a kebab afterwards!

xfmatt:
Used to have a couple every night I was out but don’t bother now as it always leads to me wanting a kebab afterwards!

How much were you driving lol…

yep no reason not too

The odd van rouge or coffee with baileys.

Don’t tell my Kiwi mates but I’m just drinking a Foster’s…Good Call.

always a few prefer local bar if i can get one but cans are fine but thinking of giving it up when working as alway wake a few times during night wanting a p

I’m always up for a few Jars game of pool, N sum Snap (food). so yes ill have a couple. maybe meet that fit chick from stobbies for sum in-cab fun . :laughing:

1 or 2 per night depending how long and where I’m parked.

I find it helps me sleep, but any more than a couple and I need to pee too often, so limit myself.

God I miss England so much sometimes. I would be in the bar every night after parking up, I have only found a handfull of truckstops with bars in the entire lower 48 states.
I do nip down Clarkes bar in Yonkers with Rich (Longwayround) some nights.
Bars here dont’ have the same atmosphere as back home, they seem to be ful of drunks who just want to beat the crap out of you for being an immigrant.

Bit like England then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Always take gnt with me !!

i can’t believe what i’m reading. professional lorry drivers drinking when they know they have to drive the following day.
good god, what if beverley bell, the police or vosa were to read this?
well, they could go and [zb] themselves. :laughing:
i got well and truly hammered last night.

It’s strange I wouldn’t drink in the truck unless I was with someone but I’d go in to a pub on my own and have a beer.
I’m the same at home I only drink indoors if people come round but will pop in to the pub on my own and have a few beers.

When doing euro i would always stop off and buy a case or 2 of beer , then transfare some to the fridge so it would be nice in cold by the end of my shift, always made sure i had a few cold ones, over here i rarely bother ,as i don’t like being fleeced by the government