Why shouldn’t they?

Grumpy_old_trucker:
They do.
Why shouldn’t they?

Because some drivers don’t know when to stop

Personally I just don’t think it fits
Temptation and all that .

Was in a truck stop last night whilst having my tea and watching the football
Couple of lads on opposite table sunk at least 3 pints each whilst I was there .
And no I’m not a tea totaller
I love a few beers , but it’s the weekend for me or holidays

Happy Trucker1:
Personally I just don’t think it fits

Couple of lads on opposite table sunk at least 3 pints each whilst I was there .

Did they drive away after? or leave in the morning? Drinks with a meal?

Nothing wrong with a couple with a meal before hitting sack.

Some people are different after 1 pint, or 5, depends on your metabolism

Here we go again the purists who are incapable of understanding the difference between having a quiet drink (or 2) with a meal, …with getting rat arsed and off yer ■■■■.

To o/p
Question.
Why do you even care. :unamused:

Go across the channel you can have as many beers as you like with your McDonalds Royale and fries. :wink: :smiley:

Yes…

They should.

By the same logic, pubs shouldn’t have car parks beause that encourages people to drive to them right?

Yes they should sell it.

Also I just checked your last few posts and you wanted to ban trailer swaps in services/truckstops. I think you should keep your nose in laybys from now on.

Probably a rigid driver… :wink: :wink:

How do you know they wasnt on a 24hr break?

Bit of aggression coming my way I see !

I only asked the question , didn’t want any little personal attacks.
And yes some very valid points .

As for checking my old posts you obviously didn’t check back far enough
As I have stated in one I drive a rigid . Not ashamed to say that .

Didn’t say I wanted trailer swaps banned just thought it was inconsiderate
Doing it in an area where drivers were sleeping
Rigid or artic drivers

Few in the red lion last night [emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sold alcohol in Iranian truckstops until the Ayatollahs stopped it.
Still do in Turkey & Jordan I believe

Yes they should. Unless you think a dictorial regime should enforce stuff on everybody because a few are effected. I mean, did he have his second ja, can… :slight_smile:?

Continental children are introduced to alcohol at a young age so they are accustomed to it when teenagers and have no need to binge drink and smash up the pub furniture and fight everyone who looked at them funny as they do in the UK .

Nobody batted an eyelid when drivers would knock a few back in the tourist side of the ferry terminal in Portsmouth then embark, then some more in the ship’s bar and a Digestif or Apperitif in the French bar when disembarked.
One lad I knew was actually dangerous to drive when he was sober , and another lad who parked up in the fog and woke up to the Gendarmerie banging his cab door as he was parked on a live lane and junction, night in the cell and released.

The oil/ gas and fuel refineries in France will test for alcohol on drivers by the staff making blow in a tube, if over the limit they park you up for nine hours and won’t call the Gendarmerie.

I have had the Spanish and Portuguese motorbike police pull me over for a control and their breath smelt of Whiskey or Brandy , probably in the coffee .
A Russian lorry that somehow got his truck on the beach front through impassable streets, he was singing his heart out when I left the GNR station as they let him sleep it off .

A drunk Polish lad who was trying to leave Rugby truck stop , two PCSO’ s arrived and didn’t do anything except let security keep his keys until the morning.