concrete pumps

Any concrete pump operators out there?,i’ve just started a job doing this.would be good to hear from some :smiley:

smallp:
Any concrete pump operators out there?,i’ve just started a job doing this.would be good to hear from some :smiley:

Not me but the biggest rigid I’ve ever seen was one. Only ever seen one, it was a rigid with 5 axles - 2 at the front and 3 at the back. Huge great thing.

Paul

repton:

smallp:

Not me but the biggest rigid I’ve ever seen was one. Only ever seen one, it was a rigid with 5 axles - 2 at the front and 3 at the back. Huge great thing.

Paul

Yep, and you still get idiots pulling in front of them and hitting their brakes. I’ve seen one of them just drive over some sports car. The driver of said sports car was not a happy bunny by all accounts.

Its when you see the reaaaaaaaally long ones around though you have to wonder, A 3 point turn must be a bit of a [zb] :slight_smile:

smeserver:
Yep, and you still get idiots pulling in front of them and hitting their brakes. I’ve seen one of them just drive over some sports car. The driver of said sports car was not a happy bunny by all accounts.

Bet he won’t do that again in a hurry then?

Reminds me of an article in a newspaper a few years ago.

A man in a small sports car darts into a parking space in a multi storey car park, where a lady was waiting to park her Range Rover.

The man says, “That’s what you can do if you are clever!”

She then smashes her Range Rover into the back of the sports car, crushing it against a wall so both ends of the sports car are severely damaged.

“That is what you can do if you are rich” she replies.

killsville:
“That is what you can do if you are rich” she replies.

Or as I once warned a TM who felt he had the right to talk to me like one of his own drivers, thats what I could do as an agency driver to your car, as there’s zb all you could do about it & zb all for me to lose in doing it.
And it would simply be a reversing accident as a direct result of you shouting & swearing at me in public & my getting all distracted & stressed as a result of your behaviour.
I had already dented his car & broken a mobile phone by throwing the phone out of the window (1st floor,) as a result of my refusing to use my phone for his business & his giving me a phone & a mouthful, so I knew which car to reverse into & I also knew that all his drivers would not back him up.

I started working part time on concrete mixers last September and enjoy the work.

I always ask before getting onto a site and getting stuck but the loader and other drivers are really helpful and always have directions to jobs.

I am still learning thought and the thought of a load “going off” on me is still a worry, dont want to be in the drum with a hammer if it sets hard