Such a thing?

I know I’m going to get a lot of abuse for this post.

I’ve been driving an 18ton Rigid for about 2 weeks (passed in November) but they have been multi drop deliveries. I love the driving but hate the unloading 7 cages on my own at each stop…

Is there such a job for a new class 2 driver where there is just 1/2 drops? Skip lorries or is that just as bad? Building materials? Bigger places like Asda/Argos?

If I’m honest I’d love to get into car recovery/transport as I’m mechanically minded and love cars but that doesn’t seem possible down my way (Eastbourne). There’s 2 companies looking for 7.5t drivers for car recovery companies but neither have replied.

Tippers? Plenty more than one or two drops but no handball.

nurburg340:
Is there such a job for a new class 2 driver where there is just 1/2 drops?

Yes.

My first job (with a four day old wet licence) was driving a rigid doing one drop a night.

Easiest job I ever had… until I got the one that I do now.

Contraflow:

nurburg340:

Yes.

My first job (with a four day old wet licence) was driving a rigid doing one drop a night.

What was that? Supermarket delivery? Small shop? Or just a haulage firm?

I did builders merchants, easy as pie, if didn’t come off with the Hiab, it came out the back of the body in one heap!

Seriously, every single job will have its good points and bad, even the chimps :laughing:

You just need to find the right set of good and bad points that works for YOU!

Good luck

Where do you live?

Radar19:
Where do you live?

Yeah I keep looking just not a lot comes up in my area.

I live in Eastbourne in East sussex but currently drive an hour to do the multi drop work.

Well in my 26t’er, I did one pick up and drop off today, Warrington to Telford and picked a reach truck up and delivered it to Cold Move in Oswestry then back to Warrington… and busily looked like I was cleaning my cab with my eyes closed and catching flies with my mouth :blush: :laughing:

We move/sell/hire forklift Trucks so you can have anything from one drop pick up a day to about six, just depends on the distances involved and we go nation wide.
I also move all manner of weird and wonderful contraptions and attachments as I have the only flat bed.

So there are interesting class 2 jobs out there :wink:

nurburg340:

Radar19:
Where do you live?

Yeah I keep looking just not a lot comes up in my area.

I live in Eastbourne in East sussex but currently drive an hour to do the multi drop work.

Bugger. Not sure of the level of work down there, there is lots up here in Lincs though. Tons around the ports of Immingham etc.

Have you called HRS or Westbournes and asked if they have anything going?
You will struggle to find much down our way that isn’t multidrop or shop work. Im trying to think of companies that do other stuff but there aren’t many.

don’t touch skips,i applied for a similar job cos I was getting sick of class 1 I was told a good skip driver is expected to do 18 skips a day,too much for my liking

Yes that’s the problem there seems to be nothing down here other than skips, refuge or multi drops. Only a hand full of actual haulage firms and non of them have got back to me.

m1cks:
Have you called HRS or Westbournes and asked if they have anything going?
You will struggle to find much down our way that isn’t multidrop or shop work. Im trying to think of companies that do other stuff but there aren’t many.

HRS were advertising for HGV drivers in the Friday Ad that was one of the recovery services I contacted but heard nothing back.

nurburg340:
Yes that’s the problem there seems to be nothing down here other than skips, refuge or multi drops. Only a hand full of actual haulage firms and non of them have got back to me.

Time for Class 1 my friend.

Contraflow:

nurburg340:

Yes.

You come on here and boast that you have the easiest job, get the biggest bonus, and control other drivers speed because you drive below the limiter…hooray for you and all that but how about telling us the details? Go on, not the company or any personal details but just expand a little about your perfect job & life please?

Radar19:

nurburg340:

Time for Class 1 my friend.

Just forked out for the class 2 need to pay some debts before class 1. Just don’t want to end up not enjoying it because I’m not enjoying drops…

Born Idle:

Contraflow:

nurburg340:

Yes.

You come on here and boast that you have the easiest job, get the biggest bonus, and control other drivers speed because you drive below the limiter…hooray for you and all that but how about telling us the details? Go on, not the company or any personal details but just expand a little about your perfect job & life please?

You want the details but not the company name or any personal details? What do you want to know then?

My job is easy, no doubt about it. My Christmas bonus was generous, but nowhere near as generous as the highest mentioned on that thread. I drive at around 85kmph on duals and motorways despite being limited to 90kmph, not to “control other driver’s speeds”, but because it makes more sense than being on the limiter all the time like a cabbage; it gives you options.

So what exactly do you want to know Born Idle? Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the pain from that nerve I appear to have touched?

Contraflow:

Born Idle:

Contraflow:

nurburg340:

Yes.

You want the details but not the company name or any personal details? What do you want to know then?

My job is easy, no doubt about it. My Christmas bonus was generous, but nowhere as generous as the highest mentioned on that thread. I drive at around 85kmph on duals and motorways despite being limited to 90kmph, not to “control other driver’s speeds”, but because it makes more sense than being on the limiter all the time like a cabbage; it gives you options.

So what exactly do you want to know Born Idle? Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the pain from that nerve I seem to have touched?

Great here we go, 4 pages of ■■■■ now lol.

Is that why you failed to answer my post when I explained that your actions were ridiculous when you called 90% of your own profession “cabbages”? That’s what touched the nerve…supercilious comes to mind.

Ideally I want a job that pays £20 an hour for a 10 hour day, start at 1pm finish at 2pm with an hour lunch break… All from home.