Such a thing?

Born Idle:
Is that why you failed to answer my post when I explained that your actions were ridiculous when you called 90% of your own profession “cabbages”? That’s what touched the nerve…supercilious comes to mind.

Is what why I failed to answer your post? …and what post?

Talk sense man.

When you posted this…

I always put it down to one thing; them being a smartarse [zb].

They think you’re on your limiter and they think there’s nothing you can do about it once they’ve cut your nose off.

90% of the time they’ll be right, because 90% of lorry driving cabbages are on the limiter.

Like the OP though, I rarely drive on the limiter. I like to leave a bit in reserve. Not only does it make overtaking easier when you come up against something going slightly slower, it also gives you options on occasions like this.

When a cabbage takes 15 minutes to overtake me and then pulls in so there’s barely a metre between us, I’ll pull straight out and overtake him in less than 15 seconds.

Then, with the help of my rear facing camera, I’ll pull back in front of him with the kind of eye watering precision that a brain surgeon would be proud of. I’m talking being able to read the small print on his front number plate kind of precision.

I’ll then return to my original cruising speed.

Every time I’ve done this, the cabbage behind hasn’t tried to overtake me again. They’ve hung back and followed me at the pace that I set until we go our separate ways. Every single time without fail.

They’ve been educated and I like to think they won’t do it again.

Unfortunately, the memory span of a cabbage is less than that of a potato, so I’m probably wasting my time.

Yes, what about it? Have you been drinking?

i did reply…look it up! You didn’t, as I have stated!

Don’t remember the post? Have you been thinking?

Born Idle:
When you posted this…

I always put it down to one thing; them being a smartarse [zb].

They think you’re on your limiter and they think there’s nothing you can do about it once they’ve cut your nose off.

90% of the time they’ll be right, because 90% of lorry driving cabbages are on the limiter.

Like the OP though, I rarely drive on the limiter. I like to leave a bit in reserve. Not only does it make overtaking easier when you come up against something going slightly slower, it also gives you options on occasions like this.

When a cabbage takes 15 minutes to overtake me and then pulls in so there’s barely a metre between us, I’ll pull straight out and overtake him in less than 15 seconds.

Then, with the help of my rear facing camera, I’ll pull back in front of him with the kind of eye watering precision that a brain surgeon would be proud of. I’m talking being able to read the small print on his front number plate kind of precision.

I’ll then return to my original cruising speed.

Every time I’ve done this, the cabbage behind hasn’t tried to overtake me again. They’ve hung back and followed me at the pace that I set until we go our separate ways. Every single time without fail.

Unfortunately, the memory span of a cabbage is less than that of a potato, so I’m probably wasting my time.

Not sure how this relates to the OP or the Monkey’s post?

That’s a different thread princess. I haven’t got a crystal ball to know what your drunken ramblings on this thread mean

If you want some, then I’ll give it ya.

…but it has to be on the right thread and I have to deem you worthy of my time.

Maybe you didn’t get a reply because you’re not?

Why not give it a bump, ask your question again (on the right thread) and see if you get a response this time? :laughing:

Radar19:
Not sure how this relates to the OP or the Monkey’s post?

Me neither.

I think alcohol might have something to do with it. :unamused:

Aw bless, you can’t debate…sorry, I didn’t realise that was you, I presumed you weren’t a cabbage!

Born Idle:
Aw bless, you can’t debate…sorry, I didn’t realise that was you, I presumed you weren’t a cabbage!

Contraflow:
Why not give it a bump, ask your question again (on the right thread) and see if you get a response this time? :laughing:

Still haven’t answered my post…

The post on another thread you mean?

I haven’t the time or the inclination to go searching through the archives to find what you’re talking about.

Like I said before, give it a bump.

Born Idle:

Contraflow:

Can I ask what lesson you think you’re teaching them?

What you’ve described is no better than playground bullying…“I’m faster & better than you so you’d better get behind me cos I know more than you, and I don’t like the way you overtook me” is a rather childish and petty way to drive. What happens if they don’t want to sit at your chosen cruising speed and they pull out again to pass you? Do you let them go past and then pull the frankly stupid stunt you described above again…or do you put the power down and leave them out to dry, before slowing down again? Who made you the arbiter of other people’s speed? If we all played petty little games with other drivers who might (God forbid) have made a mistake and ■■■■■■ us off then we’d all go round in circles until we disappeared up our own [zb]!

What lesson? You must have seen it? You never replied.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120253&p=1862281#p1862281

Born Idle:
You never replied.

I don’t have time to reply to all of my fans. :laughing:

In reply to your question that you so desperately need answering: isn’t the lesson obvious?

I’ll leave that to the sane drivers who post on here.

Born Idle:
I’ll leave that to the sane drivers who post on here.

Aww bless, not capable of a debate after all that.

Down a pint of water before you go to bed Born Idle, you’ll thank me in the morning. :wink:

Sheesh, you must have the last word!

I’ll have a drink of water, you take a memory tablet.