Is there much snow about

Anyone seen much snow ? I have to go from nr Matlock to derby ,six hills ,sleaford ,Lincoln ,I’d be grateful for any sensible info about the roads before I dig my way out of here thanks Dan .

Leeds to Warrington on the 62 loads at 2 this morn.

No snow south lincolnshire , although well frosty

You’ll be fine Punchy.

Omya quarries in buxton are still closed Dan. Nothing on the east now. I’ve been lurking near killingholme.

Shoshaye:
Omya quarries in buxton are still closed Dan. Nothing on the east now. I’ve been lurking near killingholme.

nice blizzard yesterday afternoon m180 :grimacing: come in ten mins :laughing: gone in ten mins! :sunglasses: keep 'ER lit drives :wink:

Bit overnight nowt to shout about!!!

Fatboy slimslow:

Shoshaye:

nice blizzard yesterday afternoon m180 :grimacing: come in ten mins :laughing: gone in ten mins! :sunglasses: keep 'ER lit drives :wink:

10 mins? Not technically a blizzard then! :smiling_imp:

How long does it need to be before we can use “blizzard” [emoji8] I went from Buxton to Newcastle then onto Lockerbie yesterday with little problems. I must of missed it.

Down here in Bristol I saw loads of the stuff 3ft + in areas

All on the tv reports from the states of course :wink:

Shoshaye:
How long does it need to be before we can use “blizzard” [emoji8] I went from Buxton to Newcastle then onto Lockerbie yesterday with little problems. I must of missed it.

Minimum 3 hours.

weeto:

Shoshaye:

Minimum 3 hours.

A blizzard is a severe snowstorm characterized by strong sustained winds of at least 56 km/h (35 mph) and lasting for a prolonged period of time—typically three hours or more. A ground blizzard is a weather condition where snow is not falling but loose snow on the ground is lifted and blown by strong winds.

:wink:

Was ment to deliver in Whaley Bridge bit north of Buxton yesterday, called 'em once loaded in Cotswolds & on route to check snow conditions & they said conditions were shocking, so turned round & collected in Dorset instead, shall be up there next WK instead.

A14 this morning about 5 miles east of Corby jct at 0400.

Tbh Corby was a lot worse than this.

We’ve had a few inches.
lappland life 113.JPG

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1422622409225.jpg[/attachment] Think I’d best get the chains out. Looking treacherous at Blackburn

Shoshaye:
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1422622409225.jpg[/attachment]
Think I’d best get the chains out. Looking treacherous at Blackburn

You better park up and sit it out fella :wink:

If it wasn’t Friday I would, suppose I’d best struggle back to derbyshire. Does anyone know if the cat is open? I’m not in the mood for going via Stoke.

Newlad, can you reduce the size of your pic please, it’s blowing the forum out, and I’m using a wide screen laptop. Thanks.

cat should be open , it’s been light rain since 10am in buxton .