Kippers

Had some Manx kippers for breakfast this morning, I have to say they were lovely, been a couple of years since I last had them, I wont be leaving it as long next time.
What other food do you like that you have missed over the years?

Haggis, tatties and neeps.

Dipster:

Another meal I’ve not had in ages.

Proper bread pudding , with the crispy , toasty top . Daughter used to make it before she flew the nest , but swmo flat refuses .

Murrayminor:
Had some Manx kippers for breakfast this morning, I have to say they were lovely, been a couple of years since I last had them, I wont be leaving it as long next time.
What other food do you like that you have missed over the years?

I’m not proud of this, but the word ‘kipper’ makes me snigger in a very Sid James/Carry On way. Childish I know, sorry, can’t help it.

Yep nowt like a good kipper twixt 2 slabs of finest farmhouse bloomer :stuck_out_tongue: heavy on the sarsons and cracked black pepper.Cheap,healthy flavoursome fayre.Commend the idea to the house :angry:

Dipster:

We had it last year at a wedding anniversary, seemed a strange choice of meal for thirty people and they had to feed the piper too.

My wife makes Shepherds Pie - except with Haggis instead of Mince - Try it ! Jim.

Are Arbroath Smokies classed as kippers?
Always used to call in for some when I was up there, only thing is you can still taste them for hours afterwards.

robroy:
Always used to call in for some when I was up there, only thing is you can still taste them for hours afterwards.

Different animal

smokie is haddock, kipper is herring

Wheel Nut:

robroy:

Different animal

smokie is haddock, kipper is herring

I see, …it’s a different kettle of fish, got it. :smiley:

That’s fishy [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deep fried Curly Wurlys…