Its always been a COB

Call it what you may. Its not a Roll, balm etc etc. Its a cob. As a nottingham lad its all i know it as so when i am on my travells and fancy some chips with bread i ask for a chip cob,

I have had lots of funny looks and many times had to explain what it is i require. Don’t get me started on fritters :laughing:

A up mi duck. can i av a chip please… and then it all begins pmsl. Right its time to take cover.

You forgot the daftest one of all, batch. I’m from the Black Country and we say cobs too round here.

Something else I’ve noticed on my travels is having to ask for salt n vinegar on chips instead of them asking you. Curry houses round here all give free popadoms too, don’t see much of that outside the Black Country.

Where I come from in ■■■■■■■ it’s a Teacake.
A few miles across at Newcastle it’s a Stottie but a bit bigger.

A cob, a welsh cob is a Hoss

robroy:

The Stottie i remember them :smiley: a full English in a bun all for £2-3 from many layby vendor and f*** ing good too mate it was nearly the size of a sprinter steering wheel and the amount of bacon, sausage, eggs mushrooms and beans that was in-between it made you wonder how they made any profit
, ok it maybe wasn’t the best quality but it was tasty and acceptable

tommy t:

robroy:

The Scottie i remember them :smiley: a full English in a bun all for £2-3 from many layby vendor and f*** ing good too mate it was nearly the size of a sprinter steering wheel and the amount of bacon, sausage, eggs mushrooms and beans that was in-between it made you wonder how they made any profit

No mate, you wipe your nose on a scottie, I said a STOTTIE :smiley:

its a piece of bread to hold something dont matter what its called, after all the years its still relevant en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bread

robroy:

tommy t:

robroy:

The Scottie i remember them :smiley: a full English in a bun all for £2-3 from many layby vendor and f*** ing good too mate it was nearly the size of a sprinter steering wheel and the amount of bacon, sausage, eggs mushrooms and beans that was in-between it made you wonder how they made any profit

No mate, you wipe your nose on a scottie, I said a STOTTIE :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth: But you knew what i had meant to type ■■? I meant a zb Scottie , too many henry’s vintage

As a nottingham lad its all i know it as so when i am on my travells and fancy some chips with bread i ask for a chip cob

Must have been brought to the posh part of Nottingham then or your a youngen… Coz where I was bought up in Nottingham, its called a chip butty :grimacing:

It’s called a ‘Batch’ Coventry/Nuneaton way.

Barn cake ( :open_mouth: WTF!!) last time i was in Yorkshire…

robroy:

A teacake? That a thing you put under a grill for about 10 seconds and cover in rum butter…I miss that stuff!

When I was growing up in penrith at least we called the chip thing a chip butty but maybe the chip shop people just thought we were foreigners, eg from alston. :slight_smile:

Off to find a teacake.

IT’S A BAP FOR GOD’S SAKE :imp:

100% a nap,anything else is incorrect.

Are you talking about buns?

Come on people, everyone knows it’s a breadcake!

Thought a cob was a crisp roll.
Texture of a French stick outside, soft inside

Known as a Batch in at least one Public House I have visited many times in Birkenhead, very close to the Market.

Cob? That’s what corn comes on.

Ham/cheese/beef/ chicken Cob

Chip bap.

My Mrs calls a slice of bread a “piece”

To us Barnsley folk its a teycake :laughing: