Sausages

Which do you prefer, Lorne or a good old banger on yer roll, ketchup or brown sauce ? Me, I’m Lorne with a runny fried egg n ketchup

For a big lad I’m surprised I don’t know what a Lorne sausage is?

I guess you dont get north of the border much then ? :wink:
Regards John

untitled.pngThere you go

Some sausages are dreadful. Richmond sausages for example, anything that goes pop when a fork hits it is not good. God knows whats in them.

You get what you pay for.

Lorne wins, expensive in my local butchers but made to Scottish recepie so can’t complain :sunglasses:

■■■■■■■■■■■ But it’s got to be proper , not the imitation stuff you get in supermarkets etc. all local butchers make to their own recipe. I think our local haigs is particularly tasty

Lorne for me, couldnt find down ere in yorkshire so i now make my own

There she goes

scotstrucker:
Lorne for me, couldnt find down ere in yorkshire so i now make my own

try morrisons
in the frozen meat section.

■■■■■■■■■■ or Lincolnshire…lots of fried onions, sauce depends on the mood…all they others are horrible, lack flavour

sorry wrong index

albion1971:
There really should be a separate forum for stuff like this.Does this actually interest some?
Moderators how about putting stuff like this into a different category.Yes I know I do not need to read it but can you imagine what outsiders think when they read some of the rubbish posted on a so called professional drivers forum… :unamused:

It’s in Bully’s as well.

ive got a taste for pork and tomato sausage sandwiches but got to have hp sauce on :smiley:
got 2 big packs for a fiver at skirlington market last weekend and its going down quick.

Powters Newmarket Sausage. Bit of brown sauce. Kin Gorgeous.

If it’s lorne (Square Sausage as we call them in Central Scotland) it has to be on a crispy roll with a tattie scone on top, usually two rolls one with red sauce and one with brown sauce…

Or ■■■■■■■■■■ sausages, well done with fried egg whites

When I was a professional driver,once spent more time than I should have at a professional drivers cafe.I spent a while sorting out the confusion over the lady trying to give me a burger,which I,being only a professional driver,did not realise was in fact a lorne sausage
I did not allow this delay to tempt me to abandon my professional driver status and drive less than professionally to make up time.
I hope you other professional drivers benefit from my experience,and I hope this is not in the wrong forum
Just doing my bit to help raise the standards of you who are still professional drivers,as I believe they are not too good at the moment :wink:
Regards John.

old 67:
When I was a professional driver,once spent more time than I should have at a professional drivers cafe.I spent a while sorting out the confusion over the lady trying to give me a burger,which I,being only a professional driver,did not realise was in fact a lorne sausage
I did not allow this delay to tempt me to abandon my professional driver status and drive less than professionally to make up time.
I hope you other professional drivers benefit from my experience,and I hope this is not in the wrong forum
Just doing my bit to help raise the standards of you who are still professional drivers,as I believe they are not too good at the moment :wink:
Regards John.

Now this is the sort of things we all need to learn in our DCPC course

German Bratwurst…hardly any fat & delicious.

I do particularly like the sausages on P&O Dover Calais.