Boris asks Captain Tom for more

Boris Johnson has today asked Captain Sir Tom Moore if he wouldn’t mind doing a few more laps around his garden for the NHS.

The former British Army Officer raised over £32 million by completing 100 laps of his garden in April for the NHS to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire sum of which was promptly ■■■■■■ right up the wall by Boris Johnson on PPE masks that didn’t work, bought from a brand new company run by an opportunist Tory donor.

“We will always be eternally grateful for the money raised by Captain Sir Tom Moore,” gushed the Prime Minister outside Downing Street this morning.

“And his herculean effort will not be forgotten, certainly not by those brand new companies with all that money sitting in their banks.”

He continued, “Sadly, though, that thirty-two million was part of the hundred and fifty million-plus contract we awarded to Ayanda Capital Limited – who are good mates with Liz Truss – to supply fifty million masks to the NHS, which have unfortunately turned out to be entirely faulty and totally unusable.

“In my defence, Liz just said to me one day ‘Can we give loads of money to some mates of mine for some masks’, which seemed entirely reasonable and not in any way corrupt, at all.

“So Captain Sir Tom Moore will have to do about five hundred laps just so that we can break even, I’m afraid. But we wish him luck and look forward to seeing all the donations rolling in soon.”

He added, “In return, we will grant Captain Sir Tom anything he wishes.

“Apart from a guarantee that the NHS won’t be sold off to America as part of a future trade deal, of course.”

0/10 very poor sock puppet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thelondoneconomic.com/polit … ker/06/08/

Care to revise the marks awarded?

Franglais:
Ministers waste £150m buying faulty masks from investment banker

The marks were for dragging a veteran in to his political claptrap
I knew about the buying f up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Franglais:
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/ministers-waste-150m-buying-faulty-masks-from-investment-banker/06/08/

No

Care to fork off to bully’s?

Perhaps Boris could convert those unused costly viral masks into socks ?

The money raised wasn’t for the NHS.

It was for NHS charities.
Did you miss that?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Did you miss that?

“NHS Charities Together is a collective experience representing, supporting and championing the work of the NHS’ official charities. NHS Charities give £1million a day to the NHS, providing vital funds to help the NHS do more”
nhscharitiestogether.co.uk/
So Captain Sir Tom has raised funds for charities, yes.
Those charities themselves say they give money to the NHS.
I guess you missed that?

I love it that not everyone is outraged at 150 million quid wasted anymore

Darkside:
I love it that not everyone is outraged at 150 million quid wasted anymore

Well, that is only a one off waste after all.
And has the Gov really wasted said cash? It is a plus on the balance sheets of Ayanda Capital so that is a plus for UK industry. Or almost so, since it was a Chinese factory that made the masks, and Ayanda is Limited in the UK, but seems to be ultimately based in Mauritius? So, as clear as mud then.
Nowt compared to the millions being budgeted for ongoing payments on extra red tape because of Brexit.
Not everyone seems outraged at that either though?
Apart maybe from Ian Duncan Smith who is outraged that the divorce deal Parliament voted for wasnt properly scrutinized by Parliament. Is there a special word for when "one is outraged, by ones own actions"?
Should there be one? If there are any words to describe such I bet they would all be censored.

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Did you miss that?

“NHS Charities Together is a collective experience representing, supporting and championing the work of the NHS’ official charities. NHS Charities give £1million a day to the NHS, providing vital funds to help the NHS do more”
I guess you missed that?

The funding goes not to treatment but to staff welfare etc.
Have another go

The focus of Charities Together is the comfort and wellbeing of staff and patients - things that, in the words of one NHS worker, “make their working lives easier”. Here are some examples.

Snacks for staff in County Durham

Welfare packs of sandwiches, drinks and energy bars were delivered to wards at the height of the outbreak when staff were unable to take breaks or were reluctant to leave their patients. Staff were given lip balms and hand creams - for lips left chapped and dry under face masks, and hands cracked from constant washing during long shifts.
With most of the appeal money yet to be handed out, Cath hopes to see longer term improvements, too. Before the outbreak, staff had to share the few lockers they had between them or leave their handbags and phones in communal spaces during shifts. With the money from the donations, they now have one each.

Who is Cath?

Monkey241:
Welfare packs of sandwiches, drinks and energy bars were delivered to wards at the height of the outbreak when staff were unable to take breaks or were reluctant to leave their patients. Staff were given lip balms and hand creams - for lips left chapped and dry under face masks, and hands cracked from constant washing during long shifts.
With most of the appeal money yet to be handed out, Cath hopes to see longer term improvements, too. Before the outbreak, staff had to share the few lockers they had between them or leave their handbags and phones in communal spaces during shifts. With the money from the donations, they now have one each.

So the charities supply food for staff who are remaining on duty longer than is normal, supplying workplace lockers, and creams for skin damage incurred during their work?
All very worthy, but isn’t all or most of this really an employer’s responsibility?

Who is Cath?
Is this her sister?
youtu.be/SHoCN_N2dKE

poor old captain tom was just another media puppet that someone saw a good earner from.
apart from the promotional company raking it in,then i believe a charity can keep up to 80 % for administration and running costs,meaning although the old codger meant well to start with,a shrewd busnesman used him as a massive earner due to the sheeple on faceache/twitter and the usual media watching/newspaper reading lemmings.
that company would have made a fortune,followed up by the various charities swallowing up to 80% of the rest,leaving the scrapings to be spent somewhere.
i just see it as similar to live aid,which started off with lies,followed up by 20 years on making no difference whatsoever to your average skinnys daily life with everyone and their granny getting their fingers into the pie and leaving the scrapings for the rabble it was meant to help.

Monkey241:

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Did you miss that?

I guess you missed that?

The funding goes not to treatment but to staff welfare etc.
Have another go

From the site
nhscharitiestogether.co.uk/what-we-do/
“In recent years NHS charities have funded major capital projects, pioneering research and medical equipment at our hospitals”
Research and equipment, as well as the welfare of staff then.

dieseldog999:
poor old captain tom was just another media puppet that someone saw a good earner from.
apart from the promotional company raking it in,then i believe a charity can keep up to 80 % for administration and running costs,meaning although the old codger meant well to start with,a shrewd busnesman used him as a massive earner due to the sheeple on faceache/twitter and the usual media watching/newspaper reading lemmings.
that company would have made a fortune,followed up by the various charities swallowing up to 80% of the rest,leaving the scrapings to be spent somewhere.
i just see it as similar to live aid,which started off with lies,followed up by 20 years on making no difference whatsoever to your average skinnys daily life with everyone and their granny getting their fingers into the pie and leaving the scrapings for the rabble it was meant to help.

Any links on monies going to any businessman or promotion company?
nhscharitiestogether.co.uk/what-we-do/
Clearly much less than 80% spent on admin etc.
There are bad examples of course, but more generally 60 to 70% goes to the main cause. channel4.com/news/factcheck … ood-causes

Franglais:

Monkey241:

So the charities supply food for staff who are remaining on duty longer than is normal, supplying workplace lockers, and creams for skin damage incurred during their work?
All very worthy, but isn’t all or most of this really an employer’s responsibility?

Who is Cath?
Is this her sister?
youtu.be/SHoCN_N2dKE

Simple recognition you cocked up would be a start

Monkey241:

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Who is Cath?
Is this her sister?
youtu.be/SHoCN_N2dKE

Simple recognition you cocked up would be a start

Compared to 150 million of our money on goods that weren’t fit for purpose??