Time for the herald?

isnt it about time we salvaged this one up again?
get your stories as to why you just missed it ready for tomorrow. :wink:

I just missed it by 11 years, because I didn’t get my Hgv licence until I was 21 in 1998

there wasnt much imagination for that one seeing as you wernt born but im sure we will have a few more contenders before long? :slight_smile:

I remember it happening as I was at primary school and aged about 7 at the time.
Thing is a lad in my class who I ended up working with around 2005 only just missed it.
Seriously he convinced himself it was a true story,I don’t understand people who make up story’s especially when it’s obvious your too young to have been involved in your made up story…
RIP to those that lost their lives,
Get a life all you bull shiners

yorkshire terrier:
I remember it happening as I was at primary school and aged about 7 at the time.
Thing is a lad in my class who I ended up working with around 2005 only just missed it.
Seriously he convinced himself it was a true story,I don’t understand people who make up story’s especially when it’s obvious your too young to have been involved in your made up story…

Where is that lad now?
Westminster?

Franglais:

yorkshire terrier:

Where is that lad now?
Westminster?

He is on agency which suits him :smiley:
Thing is I regular see him on a weekend out and about in shops etc and I know he is driving for an agency but he always says something like “god I’m knackard just got back from Switzerland” or something,last time I saw him he was in morrisons shopping and said “I’m shipping out to Holland tonight”,saw him in the club drinking the next day :smiley:,it’s an illness is talking complete rubbish and many drivers suffer from it

I was in the army based at Sennelager on that fateful day, my mate Pete Zutic borrowed my car to go on leave together with his missus and their baby girl. They caught the Herald. They all survived and apparently his girl was the youngest survivor. I was unhappy 'cos my new Human League tape was still in the player.

yorkshire terrier:

Franglais:

yorkshire terrier:

Where is that lad now?
Westminster?

He is on agency which suits him :smiley:
Thing is I regular see him on a weekend out and about in shops etc and I know he is driving for an agency but he always says something like “god I’m knackard just got back from Switzerland” or something,last time I saw him he was in morrisons shopping and said “I’m shipping out to Holland tonight”,saw him in the club drinking the next day :smiley:,it’s an illness is talking complete rubbish and many drivers suffer from it

You would think his fantasies would be a bit more ambitious than driving a ■■■■ truck abroad…somewhere along the lines of shagging Holly Willougby while her husband was away, (yeh I’m obsessed :blush: :smiley: ) or downing Tyson Fury in a bar.
Some people just have no imagination. :smiley:

the maoster:
I was in the army based at Sennelager on that fateful day, my mate Pete Zutic borrowed my car to go on leave together with his missus and their baby girl. They caught the Herald. They all survived and apparently his girl was the youngest survivor. I was unhappy 'cos my new Human League tape was still in the player.

Ahhh that explains it, you ARE a fan. :bulb:
I never liked to mention your Phil.Oakey hair cut.

Must be a bit awkward when the drivers window is open. :laughing:

Some of us still have hair my friend. #justsayinlike. :smiley:

robroy:
I never liked to mention your Phil.Oakey hair cut. :laughing:

After all these years I suspect it’s probably more like Grant Mitchell these days

I was 16 at the time and remember it well. My dad used to spend all week in Belgium and Germany buying and importing damaged cars. He used to come home on a Friday night via either Calais or zeebrugge.
I’d like to say he “missed the enterprise by minutes so took the next one” but he didn’t, he sailed back from Calais to Dover [emoji23]

the maoster:

To add to my previous post, he had a contract with Norwich Union who used to insure most of the squaddies in Germany. He spent years driving round most of the camps buying the written off cars. Squaddies were very good at buying very nice tax free cars then smashing them up [emoji23]

the maoster:

Ouch, savage burn…

the maoster:

Ooooh you ■■■■■ !
:smiley:

The missed the Herald stories are also linked to the balcony at the embassy in London , when the SAS stormed it , the rumour is , one or all them is a lorry driver ,maybe on Trucknet , and what colour are the doors at the boat house in Hereford .
Further afield , every driver on the ferry went on about the Gendarme motor bike rider who patrolled the Paris Periphique , who was Scottish and had a long ginger beard .
I even looked for the rider , it was that convincing .

yorkshire terrier:

I actually think walting is a mental illness, most are harmless saddos but there are some sinister creeps amongst them.

I thought being a Walt was limited to army and copper stuff, how wrong I was. Had a bloke I only know to see come up to me recently and bang on about all the good times we’d had on “the boat” and how he wished he was still doing the continent blah blah. Never seen the bloke on any boat in my life. A few things that didn’t add up and after asking a mate about him turns out he’s a card carrying habitual liar.

I let him witter on and didn’t bother questioning his obvious pish but baffles me why you would think anyone cares if you’ve done Europe and why you would try and bluff someone who does the very job you’re trying to big up.

Crackpots.

I remember it well, I was nowhere near it, we generally shipped Dover-Calais.

But I was living in the area at the time (Thanet) and a bloke I played cricket with was a crew man on board. He survived and later became a wagon driver. I understand he’s working in someones office down that way these days. Phil Naisbit are ya out there?

Must add my two pence worth…was on permanent international work at the time for Wally Eldridge…met up with one of our drivers en route who had taken his son with him…we later met in Zeebee where i was waiting for the fateful ship to arrive ( or is it a boat ) our fellow driver arrived and couldnt get booked on that one, but got booked onto a much later one, but was panicking as his son had to get back…so we both went to the office to ask if we could swap bookings which they agreed to. I found out later that the cabins were full and they decided to sleep in the truck, was woken or disturbed by all the banging of the bow door rams that wouldnt operate , and so decided to head upstairs, when they reached the deck they wanted, she keeled over… so i had a lucky escape, and so did they. very sad for all those who lost their lives that day. r.i.p.

I was doing a bit for Location Freight out of Waltham Cross at that time, I was very lucky that I missed the Herald by being about three weeks early.
Was there a sister ship running out of Cairn Ryan?