25 yrs ago today

If I hadn’t stopped to talk to an ex SAS mate just up the road and missed me Ferry…

Seriously though, 25 yrs have gone bloody quick. My mates mum was on board as a passenger and was never found.

To all the people in the Trucking world who were affected by this day, I hope it gets easier as time marches on.

Bloody hell was it twenty five years ago today :open_mouth: .
The first that I heard about it was on the following morning (Saturday) when I walked in for my breakfast and a shower in Carissio between Turin and Milan. A few Brit drivers were watching Italian telly trying to work out what was happening and I think that we were all more than abit shocked. As I was weekending I phoned my wife to see if she had heard anything about it and she said she had been glued to the telly all morning watching it. I did get a Townsend boat from Calais on the following Tuesday night and the atmosphere throughout the ship was very sombre. Was anybody else on here at Carrisio that week end.
It reminded me of when The Zenobia sank in 1980, it will always be one of those where were you when Kennedy got shot moments.

There was a memorial service today at Dover.