100 years of men's right to vote

Not that you’ll hear much about it though and I doubt any of your children’s histroy lessons will cover it. :confused:

Usually watch BBC Breakfast 1st thing but it was like watching a televised edition of Women’s Hour! Ended up switching over to ITV, at least they still had some males on the show(even if it was Peirs Morgan). Getting totally hacked off with the BBC continuously pushing their "right on " agendas.

GOG47:
Usually watch BBC Breakfast 1st thing but it was like watching a televised edition of Women’s Hour! Ended up switching over to ITV, at least they still had some males on the show(even if it was Peirs Morgan). Getting totally hacked off with the BBC continuously pushing their "right on " agendas.

While I agree it was a milestone for women’s rights, the 1918 Representation of the People Act also gave many ordinary men the right to vote. Before that men in barracks couldn’t vote neither could most men in rented housing, so many of those sent off to fight in the trenches couldn’t actually vote for the goverment who sent them to war.
But the history books seldom mention this, there was one women interviewed on the news tonight who mentioned it also gave many men the right to vote.

Watch it you’ll have the sisters on you :smiley: . I cant listen to Women’s hour, sometimes it makes me quite angry. Last time was a woman who ran a domestic abuse line. Valuable subject I thought. Hate bullies like most of us. However she basically turned it into a men hating thing, “men this, men that”. The final straw was when a bloke rang into say about lack of support for men on the receiving end. The response from her was a disgrace. Don’t listen now, turn it off :laughing:

If it’s any help, I can’t stand women’s hour either, none of the women involved seem to be remotely like me. Mebbe I’m a bloke really…

Freight Dog:
Watch it you’ll have the sisters on you :smiley: . I cant listen to Women’s hour, sometimes it makes me quite angry. Last time was a woman who ran a domestic abuse line. Valuable subject I thought. Hate bullies like most of us. However she basically turned it into a men hating thing, “men this, men that”. The final straw was when a bloke rang into say about lack of support for men on the receiving end. The response from her was a disgrace. Don’t listen now, turn it off :laughing:

While I don’t want to take away the great achievement that the right to vote was for women, it does show how media coverage and history can be manipulated to fit an agenda. As for domestic violence, apparently a far higher percentage of same ■■■ relationships, especially women in those relationships, experience domestic violence, but then that also don’t fit the narrative of nasty men beating up defenceless women.

And as for the Grid Girls debate which has obviously been a hot topic on my social media, it’s mostly my female friends that have been very vocal on social media against it, but again a small, ill informed, but vocal group of women have made it a women’s rights issue, even though the women who do the job, do it by choice, enjoy it, are very well paid and often work for model agencies run by women.

albion:
If it’s any help, I can’t stand women’s hour either, none of the women involved seem to be remotely like me. Mebbe I’m a bloke really

Are you trying to give us gentle hints, so the big reveal isn’t such a big shock. :open_mouth:

muckles:

albion:
If it’s any help, I can’t stand women’s hour either, none of the women involved seem to be remotely like me. Mebbe I’m a bloke really

Are you trying to give us gentle hints, so the big reveal isn’t such a big shock. :open_mouth:

■■■■, you sussed me out muckles :laughing:

muckles:

Freight Dog:

While I don’t want to take away the great achievement that the right to vote was for women, it does show how media coverage and history can be manipulated to fit an agenda. As for domestic violence, apparently a far higher percentage of same ■■■ relationships, especially women in those relationships, experience domestic violence, but then that also don’t fit the narrative of nasty men beating up defenceless women.

And as for the Grid Girls debate which has obviously been a hot topic on my social media, it’s mostly my female friends that have been very vocal on social media against it, but again a small, ill informed, but vocal group of women have made it a women’s rights issue, even though the women who do the job, do it by choice, enjoy it, are very well paid and often work for model agencies run by women.

I remember when they axed Page 3 girls channel 4 news had a bunch of self declared feminists on and had a guest page 3 girl. They were all babbling on when the page 3 girl pointed out it’s her choice and they’re removing her choice, so much for promoting choice :laughing: . She mentioned she has a degree etc but likes the work.

She further pointed out that no harm, she has a stunning body and likes feeling feminine and ■■■■ and that perhaps the dissenters were not in the position to do the job anyway :laughing: :laughing: . The feminists were all pig ugly types. They just sat there blank faced ha

Freight Dog:

What annoys me about BBC Breakfast this morning is the double standards the Beeb has,they see no irony in having no males to be seen in the show at all and yet they report on and stir up a storm about the alleged “all male-old boys network” so called problem like the recent Presidents Club hoo-ha :unamused: .Also, have you noticed that every show with a male presenter has to have a kind of female “minder” sitting beside him, is this just in case he gets too “laddish” while interviewing another male?

GOG47:

Freight Dog:

What annoys me about BBC Breakfast this morning is the double standards the Beeb has,they see no irony in having no males to be seen in the show at all and yet they report on and stir up a storm about the alleged “all male-old boys network” so called problem like the recent Presidents Club hoo-ha :unamused: .Also, have you noticed that every show with a male presenter has to have a kind of female “minder” sitting beside him, is this just in case he gets too “laddish” while interviewing another male?

Yeah I’ve noticed that too. I think the thing is with any “ist”s “or “movements” is it starts out as a good thing, you know when it’s genuinely needed. But move Time along and it goes wrong, no one gets the memo to calm down. Instead of really being about equal state of play for all, often timed these movements end up constantly striving for a loud shouty voice and to shut something or someone up. That’s not really how it started, and it’s not really being equal is it. Somewhere it turns wrong.

What became a push for equal things actually becomes like a big constant decade after decade bullying and constant nagging.

The wisdom of all things equal does defy nature and sometimes downright common sense. But humans never seemed to have got the memo either :smiley: . Like spoilt entitled children modern humans do stomp their feet over some pretty bizarre expectations of our existence on the face of it. Quite how we determined we’re entitled to this I don’t know. I’m sure the green aliens think we’re mental so that’s why they stay away :laughing:

Freight Dog:

muckles:

Freight Dog:

I remember when they axed Page 3 girls channel 4 news had a bunch of self declared feminists on and had a guest page 3 girl. They were all babbling on when the page 3 girl pointed out it’s her choice and they’re removing her choice, so much for promoting choice :laughing: . She mentioned she has a degree etc but likes the work.

She further pointed out that no harm, she has a stunning body and likes feeling feminine and ■■■■ and that perhaps the dissenters were not in the position to do the job anyway :laughing: :laughing: . The feminists were all pig ugly types. They just sat there blank faced ha

Exactly the same thing has happened with Grid Girls / Walk On Girls in sport. The grid girls are well paid, intelligent and enjoy doing the work. Now they are replacing them with children in the same week that Barry Bennell and the American bloke are in court.

gridkids to skidlids