What a great country to live in UK Re Brexit

Munchkin:
Whilst I agree with the sentiments of rebuilding our industrial base and standing alone like a shining beacon in a sea of foreign beaurocracy I’m sorry to say it’s just that, sentiment.
I remember when we were encouraged to buy British cars, Leyland especially. The cats were [zb], underdeveloped and the build quality was beyond a joke. You’d think any workforce fighting for it’s survival might’ve taken care to ensure at least the quality was there? Then there were the Rover group years where the senior management ensured failure by legally nicking all the money.
Nissan, Toyota, Mini, all successful because their owners planned long term and strategically. The UK and the US are in the [zb] because our culture is one of the next 3 months. Unless we can wean business off “the next quarter” mentality it won’t matter what kind of Brexit we have the people who run the country (not politicians) will [zb] it up for most of the rest of us anyway.
They, obviously, will still increase their wealth.

You seem to have missed the points that:

1. We’ve voted to Leave not Remain.

2. All the downsides of remaining,in the form of paying a fortune in net contributions which we can’t afford,and being ruled by an unelected foreign dictatorship,for the privilege of an unsustainable trade deficit,outweighs any possible argument to go on with the status quo.

As for British cars no not build quality.More like a deliberate policy of handicapping our products at the design stage.In addition to traitorous propaganda which made out that a BMW was better than a Jag for example.In addition to transfer of domestic production of GM/Ford/Chrysler products to Europe.All part of the post war stitch up which made sure that Germany at least was always going to be top dog in Europe for geopolitical reasons.Those being mostly US foreign policy and making sure that America was going to get the money back which it had ploughed into European,mostly German,industry. :unamused: