Read this. It´s interesting and troubling

I know this blogger. Well worth a read that indicates where the UK is heading.

craigmurray.org.uk/archives … o-serfdom/

Dipster:
I know this blogger. Well worth a read that indicates where the UK is heading.

craigmurray.org.uk/archives … o-serfdom/

That’s a good read & he’s spot on in what he says.

So which supposed ‘EU’ regulations would supposedly stop this.Bearing in mind that the replacement workforce is East European and even if it wasn’t there are numerous examples of EU regulations allowing in third world non EU labour to work in the road and maritime transport sectors.
The truth is this is what happens when the working class believe the employer classes narrative that militancy and a high wage cost environment is a bad thing.
Free movement of low wage expectation labour and exporting jobs to take advantage of Communist slave labour and a ‘flexible’ workforce without the expectation of job security or demarcation of duties expected, is all supposedly a good thing in this economic nut house which everyone voted for.

Carryfast:
So which supposed ‘EU’ regulations would supposedly stop this.Bearing in mind that the replacement workforce is East European and even if it wasn’t there are numerous examples of EU regulations allowing in third world non EU labour to work in the road and maritime transport sectors.
The truth is this is what happens when the working class believe the employer classes narrative that militancy and a high wage cost environment is a bad thing.
Free movement of low wage expectation labour and exporting jobs to take advantage of Communist slave labour and a ‘flexible’ workforce without the expectation of job security or demarcation of duties expected, is all supposedly a good thing in this economic nut house which everyone voted for.

I did not vote for either Brexit or Boris and his lot. That would have been very foolish. But many others did I guess.

Dipster:

Carryfast:

I did not vote for either Brexit or Boris and his lot. That would have been very foolish. But many others did I guess.

You didn’t answer the question in what way would the EU have stopped this.
As opposed to it facilitating free movement of low wage expectation labour.
This goes back to Thatcher removing union rights enabling them to defend workers against this type of exploitation.Rights which we had before we joined the EUSSR.
The same Thatcher who supported Heath to take us into the scam.
Most of the younger generations have bought the militant 1970’s bad narrative and I mean particularly the early 1970’s when Scargill smashed Heath’s government using the right to secondary action.Just as the RMT could ■■■■■■■ the national rail network, in support of the P and O workers now given the same regs.All that before we joined the EEC/EU.

Seems like a load of waffle, and it’s author is asking for money at the end of it :unamused:

bigstraight6:
Seems like a load of waffle, and it’s author is asking for money at the end of it :unamused:

It´s really not waffle. More an awful warning of the way labour forces will be able to quite legally be held in organised employment equating to serfdom. It has been published today that the replacement crews on P&O are on £1.80 an hour- And its legal, as I say. The government are allowing this. Plus what were UK jobs cease to exist. Not really what we need if we are “levelling up”, as Boris keeps assuring us he is.

And yes, Craig does ask for support.

He researches and writes his stuff carefully and honestly. Often saying what the government do not want published, so no mainstream news outlets will touch it meaning he gets no income from his work. Work which saw him recently spend a few months at Her Majesty´s Prison for what a Judge found to be contempt of court: It wasn’t, and Craig is now fighting this injustice through the courts after his sentence. He is quite a bloke, very smart but above all totally honest.

But I advise you to read what he says carefully, do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

Dipster:

bigstraight6:

It´s really not waffle. More an awful warning of the way labour forces will be able to quite legally be held in organised employment equating to serfdom. It has been published today that the replacement crews on P&O are on £1.80 an hour- And its legal.

Crewing ships with the cheapest lowest wage expectation foreign labour possible is nothing new.
At best the US only provides protection in that regard for crews operating on shipping routes between US domestic ports.
It’s no different to sacking highly paid western workers and relocating their jobs to China.

Carryfast:

Dipster:

bigstraight6:

It´s really not waffle. More an awful warning of the way labour forces will be able to quite legally be held in organised employment equating to serfdom. It has been published today that the replacement crews on P&O are on £1.80 an hour- And its legal.

Crewing ships with the cheapest lowest wage expectation foreign labour possible is nothing new.
At best the US only provides protection in that regard for crews operating on shipping routes between US domestic ports.
It’s no different to sacking highly paid western workers and relocating their jobs to China.

Indeed it is legal, but does not need to be here in the UK. You allude to the US 1920 Jones Act. Legislation with a similar aim could be passed here too.

But allowing (legalising) Freeports that allows low wage labour to be employed here in the UK is acceptable to you? Surely not.

If it is it’s reassuring to know that you won’t complain then when similar schemes are introduced to, shall we say, extend this scheme from just Freeports here in the UK and shipping transport to drivers? Anybody on here be happy to drive for £2.00 and hour? Don’t scoff: The government have been chipping away at so many of our-YOUR-rights recently. Look at the whole picture and I see the UK future with foreboding.

Dipster:
Indeed it is legal, but does not need to be here in the UK. You allude to the US 1920 Jones Act. Legislation with a similar aim could be passed here too.

But allowing (legalising) Freeports that allows low wage labour to be employed here in the UK is acceptable to you? Surely not.

If it is it’s reassuring to know that you won’t complain then when similar schemes are introduced to, shall we say, extend this scheme from just Freeports here in the UK and shipping transport to drivers? Anybody on here be happy to drive for £2.00 and hour? Don’t scoff: The government have been chipping away at so many of our-YOUR-rights recently. Look at the whole picture and I see the UK future with foreboding.

Nothing to do with Freeport’s the Jones act wouldn’t make any difference to crews running between US and Canada.
As for complain I’m actually advocating a return to the labour ‘relations’ of the early 1970’s and view Scargill as a national hero not a pariah.
The RMT and ASLEF calling a national rail strike until the crews are reinstated would be the most effective way of fixing this.
That would need a return to pre Thatcher union rights.
Also the government removing the punitive emissions regs and resulting costs on local shipping operations would help.
As for ‘my rights’ they went out the window when the TUC stood by and allowed Thatcher to defeat Scargill the rest is history.