Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
I read today that ‘Gridserve’ has been given the go-ahead for the UK’s first solar powered charging forecourt at Braintree Essex, It will cater for private cars,taxi’s, fleet vehicles,Buses, vans & Lorries. braintree.gov.uk/news/artic … _braintree

Sorry we’ve got no electricity because it’s cloudy,it’s night time,it’s winter and even if there is any sun then it’ll only be between 8 am to 4 pm.That’ll work.

If solar was the answer then we’d all have our roofs covered in solar panels to get all that free electric and the government would obviously lose a fortune in VAT payments and no need to be ripped off by the energy providers every quarter with massive heating and electricity charges.Oh wait.

The fact is solar sounds good for the naive eco loons rather than tell em the truth that it’s either nuclear or nothing or fossil fuel.In answer to which many of these zbwits would then say oh yes let’s go for nuclear.Rather than a bit of CO2 to help the trees to breathe and give us back oxygen. :unamused:

I have solar panels on my van, and can be off-grid for days. In fact, I have never used the land line umbilical. The panels charge the battery, which provides electricity when it’s dark… the only limiting factor is the combined output of the panels, and the total storage capacity of your batteries.

The big issueis not wether the panels can provide enough power, the real issue is how much power do you require…

Yeah right so the solar powered filling station is also going to have loads of batteries so that it can provide electricity when the sun isn’t shining. :unamused:

As for the idea that solar panels on roof of a van would provide enough electric charge to run the thing for ‘days’ is as believable as all the rest of the EV bs.As I said the reality is it’s just a scam for the benefit of the French nuclear power generators and EV manucaturers charging an ICE price for an EV toy.

As usual the armchair warrior holds forth as if he knows what he’s talking about.

I’m telling you what my actual experience is. Over many years, currently in a van, previously on a boat.
Your experience is plugged into the mains, in your mother’s attic, googling anything that supports your contrarian opinion.

You know nothing. You gave up in the 70’s, because you “knew it all”.