Petrol and diesel cars to be phased out within 20 years?

Check out the new stricter WLTP standards for petrol & diesel cars starting September 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZXdQYSF1Gk

Rivian ?
New name to me.
$1.7billion investment from Jeff Bezos and Ford.
Looking at building electric trucks. (That is 4x4 pick-ups).
Big money for a start-up company.

Franglais:
Rivian ?
New name to me.
$1.7billion investment from Jeff Bezos and Ford.
Looking at building electric trucks. (That is 4x4 pick-ups).
Big money for a start-up company.

Rivian have recently headhunted lots of Tesla top brass to join that company, the Rivian BEV pick up truck is some vehicle indeed…if you’ve got deep pockets.

And speaking of Tesla! They came out with a strange announcement yesterday stating people have a limited time to buy a Tesla motor car because once FSD (Full Self Driving) comes they will STOP selling cars to the general public :open_mouth:
electrek.co/2019/07/08/tesla-wi … elon-musk/

lancpudn:
And speaking of Tesla! They came out with a strange announcement yesterday stating people have a limited time to buy a Tesla motor car because once FSD (Full Self Driving) comes they will STOP selling cars to the general public :open_mouth:

Yep California says no more car ownership and an end to the 2nd amendment to apply in Texas.What could possibly go wrong. :laughing:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Yep California says no more car ownership and an end to the 2nd amendment to apply in Texas.What could possibly go wrong. :laughing:

LOL Yeah those guys have firearms. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Picture the scene.We’re from California and we’ve decided that we are going to take away your guns and then your car and then your pick up truck. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Picture the scene.We’re from California and we’ve decided that we are going to take away your guns and then your car and then your pick up truck. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Yikes! I’m waiting for the first country & western song where his autonomous pick up truck drove off & left him for another man. :smiley:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

Yikes! I’m waiting for the first country & western song where his autonomous pick up truck drove off & left him for another man. :smiley:

That’s the point it won’t even be ‘his’ autonomous pick up truck because there’s no such thing as property rights in the Californian Commy Collective and there’s no such thing as gender in California anyway.More like the autonomous taxis refuse to take anyone in Texas anywhere because they are programmed with Californian terms and conditions policies which have to be met before it will accept the card to pay the fare.That’s after they’ve already taken away his guns and his pick up truck or at least tried to. :open_mouth: :laughing:

I read today that ‘Gridserve’ has been given the go-ahead for the UK’s first solar powered charging forecourt at Braintree Essex, It will cater for private cars,taxi’s, fleet vehicles,Buses, vans & Lorries. braintree.gov.uk/news/artic … _braintree

lancpudn:
I read today that ‘Gridserve’ has been given the go-ahead for the UK’s first solar powered charging forecourt at Braintree Essex, It will cater for private cars,taxi’s, fleet vehicles,Buses, vans & Lorries. braintree.gov.uk/news/artic … _braintree

Sorry we’ve got no electricity because it’s cloudy,it’s night time,it’s winter and even if there is any sun then it’ll only be between 8 am to 4 pm.That’ll work.

If solar was the answer then we’d all have our roofs covered in solar panels to get all that free electric and the government would obviously lose a fortune in VAT payments and no need to be ripped off by the energy providers every quarter with massive heating and electricity charges.Oh wait.

The fact is solar sounds good for the naive eco loons rather than tell em the truth that it’s either nuclear or nothing or fossil fuel.In answer to which many of these zbwits would then say oh yes let’s go for nuclear.Rather than a bit of CO2 to help the trees to breathe and give us back oxygen. :unamused:

It’s all a waste of time anyway, turns out the real problem is brake dust and tyre debris.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-48944561

Makes you laugh. The real agenda is blatantly clear, tax people out of their cars.

Nite Owl:
It’s all a waste of time anyway, turns out the real problem is brake dust and tyre debris.

Makes you laugh. The real agenda is blatantly clear, tax people out of their cars.

No brakes on trains or planes obviously.

The real agenda is full on bleedin communism.They won’t stop at removing the right to private transport.

youtube.com/watch?v=wRXKHTTzayU

Nite Owl:

You’re not far wrong, the brave new world of BEV’s & autonomous vehicles will belong to the people with the deepest pockets and your average Joe who will be stuck with the old technology will have to get from A-B the best he/she can whilst they divi up the road network into Bus lanes, cycle lanes & autonomous lanes and your average Joe will get what’s left over because if your old car cant communicate with other the other high tech cars on the road you wont be allowed to use that piece of tarmac.

Another interesting piece of news came into my newsfeed the other week regarding the high emissions from crematoriums :open_mouth: , they now want everyone to have a “Green burial”
I didn’t read into the how, why & what that entailed. I’ll see if I can find it again.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Sorry we’ve got no electricity because it’s cloudy,it’s night time,it’s winter and even if there is any sun then it’ll only be between 8 am to 4 pm.That’ll work.

If solar was the answer then we’d all have our roofs covered in solar panels to get all that free electric and the government would obviously lose a fortune in VAT payments and no need to be ripped off by the energy providers every quarter with massive heating and electricity charges.Oh wait.

The fact is solar sounds good for the naive eco loons rather than tell em the truth that it’s either nuclear or nothing or fossil fuel.In answer to which many of these zbwits would then say oh yes let’s go for nuclear.Rather than a bit of CO2 to help the trees to breathe and give us back oxygen. :unamused:

I have solar panels on my van, and can be off-grid for days. In fact, I have never used the land line umbilical. The panels charge the battery, which provides electricity when it’s dark… the only limiting factor is the combined output of the panels, and the total storage capacity of your batteries.

The big issueis not wether the panels can provide enough power, the real issue is how much power do you require…

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

I have solar panels on my van, and can be off-grid for days. In fact, I have never used the land line umbilical. The panels charge the battery, which provides electricity when it’s dark… the only limiting factor is the combined output of the panels, and the total storage capacity of your batteries.

The big issueis not wether the panels can provide enough power, the real issue is how much power do you require…

Seems to me some contributors here are economizing already.

By typingout stuff withoutany gapsor punctuationthey saveonenergy.nocapital lettersis anothersavingtoo.

Gotta get those thoughts out quick, before the brain waves dissolve the skull y’know.

2 years on from the O/P, the clock is ticking, only 18 more years left.

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Yeah right so the solar powered filling station is also going to have loads of batteries so that it can provide electricity when the sun isn’t shining. :unamused:

As for the idea that solar panels on roof of a van would provide enough electric charge to run the thing for ‘days’ is as believable as all the rest of the EV bs.As I said the reality is it’s just a scam for the benefit of the French nuclear power generators and EV manucaturers charging an ICE price for an EV toy.

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Yeah right so the solar powered filling station is also going to have loads of batteries so that it can provide electricity when the sun isn’t shining. :unamused:

As for the idea that solar panels on roof of a van would provide enough electric charge to run the thing for ‘days’ is as believable as all the rest of the EV bs.As I said the reality is it’s just a scam for the benefit of the French nuclear power generators and EV manucaturers charging an ICE price for an EV toy.

Looks like British railways are next in line for the solar panel treatment. :open_mouth: electrek.co/2019/07/17/uk-train-solar-energy/

How many European car makers will fall by the wayside or be bought out after the new stricter emission rules kick in before 2021? Doesn’t make for good reading. :open_mouth: forbes.com/sites/neilwinton … 663711723c

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

As usual the armchair warrior holds forth as if he knows what he’s talking about.

I’m telling you what my actual experience is. Over many years, currently in a van, previously on a boat.
Your experience is plugged into the mains, in your mother’s attic, googling anything that supports your contrarian opinion.

You know nothing. You gave up in the 70’s, because you “knew it all”.