Lorry drivers and deafness

toby1234abc:
You may all laugh at this silly post, but just stop to think for a minute, when you drive with the windows :smiley: down, how many decibels are damaging your ears, if you drive from 18 to 65, at 90 hours per fortnight, you will go deaf when you are an old man/woman.
I drive with foam ear plugs, the sound of the tyres on the road surface and daily traffic noise will cause you problems in later life, they are cheap to buy at builders merchants or take some from the free vending at factories.
I snore at night, so that helps, if you overnight in a lay by, it cuts out the sound of passing traffic but not all of it.
When i get home i leave them in my ears as the cuts out the old lady having a go at me raising her voice at me.
If you saw Faulty Towers and the Spanish waiter Manuel, imagine him saying “que!!” which means what, that is me at home, “que!”
I am from Barcelona, with Basil leap frogging in anger.

Think you might actually have a point about driving with the window down.
Dont think its so much of a decibel thing though,more of the draught in the right ear(left if driving a l/h/d)or wild frontier if youre Davy Crockett.