Driving with headphones

How is this legal? I see truck drivers with either in- or on- ear headphones every single day. 1st it’s obnoxious, 2nd it makes you look like a giant douchebag

I have no idea!! Why can’t they just answer the phone and bring it to their ear like everyone else while driving! :unamused:

Illegal in France and for good reason.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell us that it’s OK to drive wearing headphones that block out the noises around you because deaf people are allowed to drive, completely missing the point that deaf people do not have a self imposed driving disability whereas people wearing headphones do have a self imposed driving disability.

I wear headphones all the time, the set I use also work as the bluetooth headset for my phone. Having said that, I only ever have one ear bud in so I can still hear whatever is going on around me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Headphones with the volume set sensibly, or just the one bud in, is not much different to having the radio on in the cab.
I used to use some very good earplugs when on the motorbike, a common practice to protect your hearing from wind noise, and I still found I could hear traffic sounds just fine, it just capped the maximum loudness and filtered ‘rushing noise’. I experienced similar when I used headphones occasionally. It’s all about the volume, and you have no way to know what the driver has set that to.

Before I got a truck with Bluetooth,it was the only way I could listen to cricket,once they took tms off longwave

They’re only a problem if you have them turned up full pelt I would have thought.
I wear earphones when listening to talking books in my phone (shock horror, just dob me in now :unamused: ) simply because the sound system on the Actros is absolutely ■■■■ poor, so the volume is too low.
I can still hear what is going around me just as if the radio is on loud.

Cue a certain person telling us of the ‘‘carnage’’ caused by me with me plugs in. :laughing:

Careful driving requires engagement of visual and auditory senses to make informed often, very quick decisions to navigate safely. Hearing loss can greatly impair an individual’s ability to hear important safety cues such as a horn honking, a siren, or another vehicle accelerating nearby.

Anyone who thinks or does otherwise is no professional.

Tude:
Illegal in France and for good reason.

Yes but the some Brits have their own ideas. :wink:

Quite often have my music on from me phone when driving but never use headphones as I like to be able to hear a little of what is going on around me and I can’t believe you can hear properly especially with these big padded ones.

Wowsers !
Right on cue…I’m impressed. :sunglasses:
:laughing:

robroy:
Wowsers !

Didn’t mention carnage but you’re welcome :smiley:

Err… most people can’t hear what is going on around them when the radio is loud!!!

bald bloke:

robroy:
Wowsers !

Didn’t mention carnage but you’re welcome :smiley:

Sorry mate, but I was referring to our resident ‘‘Trucknet Driving Standard Czar’’ …Jakey.

I know how he loves a thread like this to keep us all right and in our places :smiley: .

I am flattered, I thought you meant me but I did not want to be presumptious! I will keep you on your toes. :laughing:

jakethesnake:

Err… most people can’t hear what is going on around them when the radio is loud!!!

Hmmmm depends HOW loud, or how you interpret loud.

My lad listens to his sound system with the volume just under the pain barrier, where as I have it loud enough to hear, but quiet enough to hear maybe a car horn…
So ‘‘most people’’ have different interpretations of loud, so please stop your usual sweeping statements and generalisations .

jakethesnake:
I am flattered, I thought you meant me but I did not want to be presumptious! I will keep you on your toes. :laughing:

Thanks.

I’ve noticed alot of the eogs have them inserted and are non stop yapping so thats definitely the phone and not music.
Also WTF is douchebag doing on this site? The color will be changing soon and we’ll have to change our route…
[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

robroy:
simply because the sound system on the Actros is absolutely ■■■■ poor

I second that mate. Im driving a 2019 actros and thought it would be like the 19 plate scania we have. No chance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk