Kids housekeeping money

how much do you lot expect off your kids
just about to upset the ones here

Well i ain’t got any kids but when i lived at home (8 years ago) i used to give me mam 60 quid a week, even though she did’nt want it and would have been happy with 20.

God, wish i was back there now

I was paying £40 per week when I was still living at home and had a dead-end full time Mon-Fri office job. Also had to buy my own food and cook it and do all my own washing and ironing. This was when I was 17-21 before I moved out. Looking back, I’m glad I had to pay it as it sets you up for the real world quite well in terms of rent costs for your own gaff and of course the bills and all the other costs that come with it.

How old are your kids and how much have they got coming in? I’m sure you’ll get a hearty reaction when you suggest it’s about time they started giving daddy some beer money :laughing: , but when you point out that it’s either do that or go and find your own place if you reckon you can live cheaper, you’ll sound find your beer pot filling up nicely (as long as you’re firm with them and don’t fall for the usual “can I pay you next month?” tricks) :wink:

:blush: :blush: :blush: can we have this post removed please,my mom might be a secret TNUK reader,and as i only pay £20 a week at 25 years young,and im pulling £450 a week,i now feel ashamed, oh and i also get my washing,ironing,cooking done for me,and she gets up at 3am every morning to get me up for work,with breakfast in bed,but she has said that has got to stop :cry: and they wonder why im still living at home :wink: :laughing:

gav:
:oops: :blush: :blush: can we have this post removed please,my mom might be a secret TNUK reader,and as i only pay £20 a week at 25 years young,and im pulling £450 a week,i now feel ashamed, oh and i also get my washing,ironing,cooking done for me,and she gets up at 3am every morning to get me up for work,with breakfast in bed,but she has said that has got to stop :cry: and they wonder why im still living at home :wink: :laughing:

Any spare rooms at your place :question: :laughing: :laughing:

I paid £20 a week when I was at home, although then I was doing regular 6 or 8 week stints away :stuck_out_tongue:

Most of the time when I went home I would end up borrowing my board to go to the pub :smiley: I miss my mum

Anyone know where my 7 year old can get some work?, I could do with £20 a week to cover just his food !!! Monday to Wednesday after that it will cost a lot more… :cry: :cry: :cry:

never paid anything cooking cleanin done washing wish i was still there :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t charge them anything, one is 21 and working and one is 14.

Thinking about it, I might have to rethink this policy. My oldest is driving around in a BMW M3 and I’m in a K reg £300 Cavalier. :open_mouth: :imp: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Don’t charge them anything, one is 21 and … driving around in a BMW M3

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it just me that can see a connection between both ends of the dots? :open_mouth:

How much do you give your mum Rob?.

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:
Don’t charge them anything, one is 21 and … driving around in a BMW M3

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it just me that can see a connection between both ends of the dots? :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley: No, I can see it as well Rob. :stuck_out_tongue:

jammymutt:
How much do you give your mum Rob?.

I’m not repeating myself if you can’t be bothered to read.

When I was working and living at home I paid my mom 1/3 of my take home pay. She did my washing and ironing and if I was home at meal times, I got fed. If I wasn’t, I didn’t.

Breakfast in bed ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: