£500 per week benifits

just seen on the tv that the goverment want to cap benifits at £500 per week,no wonder people don’t want to work they would never find a job with that take home pay,no mention of making low earners wage up to that.

I think that is including housing benefit, council tax benefit etc. Its not a lump sum you find in the bank each week. What it does say though is that is what all households should be earning.

that £500 is with 2 children with both couples claiming child benefit family tax credit housing benefit and council tax along with reduction in water and electric bills…
@skids is that with again both people working so £250 each per week

mac12:
just seen on the tv that the goverment want to cap benifits at £500 per week,no wonder people don’t want to work they would never find a job with that take home pay,no mention of making low earners wage up to that.

Typically the Lib Dems and the Bishops want to vote against capping benefits, just to reduce the incentive to work even further. Where do these idiots think the money comes from, it certainly ain’t pennies from Heaven.

Then there was the Romanian woman last week who won the case against Bristol City Council saying that as she was self-employed, selling the Big Issue(!), she was entitled to £100 a week housing benefit (EU nationals do not get housing benefit unless they are employed/self-employed). This was on top of her existing benefits amounting to £25,000 a year!! :imp:

jayeastanglia:
that £500 is with 2 children with both couples claiming child benefit family tax credit housing benefit and council tax along with reduction in water and electric bills…

I would have thought so.

£500 a week wages now will not get you even close to getting a mortgage. To get a mortgage in the current climate you would need more like £800-1000 a week plus a decent deposit.

To add insult to injury all these benefits come without Income Tax and National Insurance stoppages

If you pay a mortgage, you won’t ever get anywhere near that on benefits. £105 per week last time I looked.

No government wants to take away rent subsidy/benefit, because it makes so many labour voters (claiming benefits) happy, along with so many tory voters (landlords) who see Buy To Let as the easiest money since bank robbery was invented. :imp:

If the firm got rid of all housing susidies - imagine how cheap it would be to rent when market forces take over like they have in the immigrant-flooded labour market! :angry: :angry: :angry:

The “defecit” would also be paid off double quick without cutting public services to boot! :wink:

The Press leak this steady drip-drip of criminal immigrant stories & I’m sure they’re true ( We’ve all got a favourite one?) & dodgy NHS propaganda to wind the public up then they will cosh the indigenous pensioners & genuine poor. I am retired now ,but even at the age of 68,when I was still working, I was paying at least £600 @ month in taxes & thought that retirement would be a viable thing but this government is vicious to say the least. Prices are rising & pensions etc. are being swiftly cut. Truckers work hard for their money & their taxes are paid before the boss is allowed hand over their money to live on.You would think that you were contributing to a secure future -dream on! Politicians don’t value pensioners votes . So when you are all for cutting this & cutting that you could be cutting your own throats at a future date. The money is really being spent on propping up banks & keeping an unnecessary war going somewhere - Cyprus,N.Ireland,Iraq,Afghan…next will be Iran or Pakistan -that’s where the terrorists are, including arc-villain Khan who gave the nuclear bomb secrets to N.Korea,Pakistan & Iran . The immigrant prob could be solved at the stroke of a pen ( Re;France) but its all smoke & mirrors to shaft the British tax payers.While we are focused on Romanian hustlers the greedy politicians are shafting the Great British public big time.It’s always been the same in this country.

Most of the lads won’t bother to read this -I never do if the rant is more than 3 lines! :laughing:

You only get housing benefit up to the LHA, they do not pay over that and in April they are going to pay you just HB at LHA without letting you keep any surplus.

I get HB and my LHA is rather less than the rent I have to pay in this area, so my rent is topped up from food money.

I was due at a Disability tribunal today but it has been cancelled, even after taking 18 months to set a court date :frowning:

skids:

jayeastanglia:

I would have thought so.

£500 a week wages now will not get you even close to getting a mortgage. To get a mortgage in the current climate you would need more like £800-1000 a week plus a decent deposit.

Your wrong about that fella. Im just going through the mortgage process myself, here in Scotland propertys pretty cheap. A large deposit is best to get a good rate but £500 a week is plenty up here to get a modest house. Easy enough to get a morgtgage i believe as long as your credit score is good and you have a decent deposit. Fingers crossed now i don’t get turned down. :wink:

pavaroti:

skids:

jayeastanglia:

I would have thought so.

Your wrong about that fella. Im just going through the mortgage process myself, here in Scotland propertys pretty cheap. A large deposit is best to get a good rate but £500 a week is plenty up here to get a modest house. Easy enough to get a morgtgage i believe as long as your credit score is good and you have a decent deposit. Fingers crossed now i don’t get turned down. :wink:

your very lucky then, £500 a week is £25k a year. even at 3 times annual salary thats only £75k which will not get you very much at all in my neck of the woods.

Wheel Nut:
You only get housing benefit up to the LHA, they do not pay over that and in April they are going to pay you just HB at LHA without letting you keep any surplus.

I get HB and my LHA is rather less than the rent I have to pay in this area, so my rent is topped up from food money.

I was due at a Disability tribunal today but it has been cancelled, even after taking 18 months to set a court date :frowning:

If it had been a Tax tribunal they would have settled it 2 years ago! :laughing:

skids:

pavaroti:

skids:

jayeastanglia:

I would have thought so.

your very lucky then, £500 a week is £25k a year. even at 3 times annual salary thats only £75k which will not get you very much at all in my neck of the woods.

Nor in the South East.Almost quarter of a million for the privilege of living in what’s now Greater London in a 2 bedroom terraced probably ex council house.And it gets even more expensive in the better areas that the zb Londoners haven’t taken over yet. :open_mouth: :unamused:

rightmove.co.uk/property-for … miumA=true

The £500 per week per household limit would just increase the crime rate by causing even more desperation in households subject to high unemployment levels in expensive areas to live like the South East considering that a household with two parents and a family of working age still living at home would be getting more than that even if they are all only earning mininum wage. :unamused:

As the Scottish lot seem to be having it so easy and housing is so cheap maybe it would be a better idea to cut their limits down to £250 per week per household max and halve the minimum wage up there and send a lot more immigrants up there because we could house them and keep them a lot cheaper there than here. :smiling_imp:

Lha for central london is 250 per week plus roughly 30 council tax and 67 jobseekers = 347 a week not bad for a single person

since my heart attack in july i get £56.00 per week. no added benefits like council tax, because i managed to pay off the mortgage by 55 yrs.so house worth more than £16.000 asset total,oh and the wife works about 12 hrs a week but not every week.

there shouldn’t be any benefits whatsoever. the ecconomy would recover overnight.

limeyphil:
there shouldn’t be any benefits whatsoever.

^+1

And get rid of the NHS.

It would also cut the immigration levels down. :smiling_imp:
BUT.Will the government reduce taxation to match and increase wage levels so that everyone can afford decent private health insurance and redundancy and sickness income protection insurance :question: .

More like we’ll get the US version in which there’s still no jobs and wages are actually too low to pay for health care insurance etc because the Chinese are prepared to work for nothing and just die in poverty when they get ill. :unamused:

there used to be a good system in the country. you paid tax, and NI. and if you had contributed enough, then you could claim dole at the same amount as your previous wage, but there was a time limit.
if you havn’t paid in, then you get [zb] all.

limeyphil:
there shouldn’t be any benefits whatsoever. the ecconomy would recover overnight.

+2