Youtube, Facebook, & TNetUK

Am I the only one curious why it is that when you visit public-pages on YouTube & Facebook, there is often a tirade of profanity, and other abusive language plainly visible for anyone to read, including under 16s?

I only let my 8 year-old use them under my supervision, since you never know what filthy language is going to pop up on the most benign-looking of pages…

Here, on TNetUK on the other hand, the censor is alive and well, complete with a growing list of words that get censored…

I see from a recent lock-out that a long-standing user has been muzzled whilst voicing something that surely is still in the public domain? I would hope that the user making the complaint spoken of is too another long-standing user, and not some johnny-come-lately making trouble by acting gestapo-ish towards others speaking their minds. :frowning:

There should be scope indeed for the community to speak of anyone acting in a criminal manner, calling a spade a spade as it were, without fear of infringing anyone’s “human rights” - that joke euro policy that allows criminals to get away with so much these days. :imp:

I would suggest that from a political viewpoint, censored posts should merely be deleted, so people like me don’t kick up a fuss about free speech! :angry:

I, for one, would be interested in what Rikki-Uk has to say, him being a long-established user on here - Providing of course it is a coherent argument, as opposed to a coherAnt one! :confused:

Of course, I don’t know. Ignorance is the most upsetting thing of all in the big game of life. :frowning:

It is up to the owners of each website to set the standards they wish their users to adhere too… Other websites for Truck Drivers have different criteria than this one…

You shouldnt be letting a child on facebook as the age limit it 13.To be fair you know what goes on,on these sites so why would anyone with any common sense let a child go on them?

Bud143:
You shouldnt be letting a child on facebook as the age limit it 13.To be fair you know what goes on,on these sites so why would anyone with any common sense let a child go on them?

This.

Eh?

if you dont like profanites then all can say is
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR MY FACEBOOK !!!

If you like having a laugh and some light hearted banter , feel free to add me :smiley:

shade:
if you dont like profanites then all can say is
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR MY FACEBOOK !!!

If you like having a laugh and some light hearted banter , feel free to add me :smiley:

Come join MY madness… :laughing:

I like this song.

youtu.be/yAYYBxI3MeM

Come join MY madness…

already have Vern !! , you just dont talk to me anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

just been on and you deleted me !!! shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shade:

that’s hardly surprising, you would rather go out for a little jog than get ■■■■■■ with the rest of us last night in Cannock :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

little jog !!!

your’e right though I regret not going , especially as you took your wallet out

shade:

Yeah…You bored me.LOL. Seriously…Do it again and I’ll add you again. Sorry Shade! :blush:

JFHC! :cry:

JTFC To be precise! :wink:

How do we avoid offensive Language in real Life?
Town Centre/Pub/Football Pitch/Neighbor/…

Let your Children play a Music Instrument which may hold it a bit away from Internet.
youtube.com/watch?v=J5FCotswepg

Immigrant:
How do we avoid offensive Language in real Life?
Town Centre/Pub/Football Pitch/Neighbor/…

It is possible to be arrested for using profane language in any of those places, unlikely but possible. You would be charged with a public disorder offence.

Here on TruckNet UK, we set the criteria on the language allowed to be used at the very beginning. Part of that criteria is not to allow profane language in any form.
We don’t restrict your freedom of speech, unless your vocabulary is particularly poor.
We do restrict which particular words you can use in exercising your freedom of speech.
In fact we don’t even restrict which words you type in, we simply reserve the right to edit out those words, which don’t meet the criteria we’ve set, and replace them with a simple censor flag. Our censor flag is [zb], which is the initials of our earliest moderator, we still use it as a tradition.
We also apply national law, as we are required to by that same law, which restricts your freedom of speech on a very few subjects.

I swear like a lorry driver, but there’s a time and a place, overall it isn’t necessary, but we can still use ■■■■■■■■, ■■■■, arse and ■■■■, you can also stretch the boundaries a little and use the [zb] to good effect, so that people will work out which swear word you’re referring too, such as [zb], [zb]ing, for [zb]'s sake, silly [zb], what a [zb]er, or you can pair them up as in [zb]ing [zb]er if you really want, or you could just accept things the way that they are :bulb:

I learn most of my new swear words from my mates 9 year old :wink:

Computers have additional parental controls, called passwords and off switches.

some jokes need to a bit risqué to make them work, yet they are banned in Bullys Bar

newmercman:
I swear like a lorry driver, but there’s a time and a place, overall it isn’t necessary, but we can still use ■■■■■■■■, ■■■■, arse and ■■■■, you can also stretch the boundaries a little and use the [zb] to good effect, so that people will work out which swear word you’re referring too, such as [zb], [zb]ing, for [zb]'s sake, silly [zb], what a [zb]er, or you can pair them up as in [zb]ing [zb]er if you really want, or you could just accept things the way that they are :bulb:

Which is ironic as it isn’t technically a swear word anyway :laughing: :laughing: