Your comments please

Definitely a left-■■■■■■ as the kerb mirror is on the side nearest the camera, so yes, it is pretty bad reversing, even for a newbie, considering the amount of space around. Almost looks like a put-up job…

chester:
I see no assistance is offered by anyone on site to a obvious new driver,

There appeared to be a guy in a orange high viz assisting him. And thats whats driving around next to you, or worse still parking up along side you !!!

tallyman:
Definitely a left-■■■■■■ as the kerb mirror is on the side nearest the camera, so yes, it is pretty bad reversing, even for a newbie, considering the amount of space around. Almost looks like a put-up job…

I wondered if the drivers mate had blindfolded him and was directing him by instruction only.

All the comments about not helping him, are a bit lame, as you need all the pieces to complete a jigsaw, all his edges and corner pieces are missing!

tachograph:
OK there’s no getting away from the fact that it was pretty shocking reversing, but to be honest as he appears to be an inexperienced C+E driver I would have offered help rather than sat there filming him :frowning:

If his mate couldn’t be bothered to get out the passenger seat and help him for over 9 minutes of [zb]ing about I don’t see why anyone else should. :wink:

tallyman:
Definitely a left-■■■■■■ as the kerb mirror is on the side nearest the camera

An even bigger clue would be the driver’s head sticking out the left hand window, 1:20. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:
OK there’s no getting away from the fact that it was pretty shocking reversing, but to be honest as he appears to be an inexperienced C+E driver I would have offered help rather than sat there filming him :frowning:

If his mate couldn’t be bothered to get out the passenger seat and help him for over 9 minutes of [zb]ing about I don’t see why anyone else should. :wink:

You’re right, I never noticed that the bloke in the orange hi-viz got out of the same vehicle, I’ve just had another look and he definitely does :open_mouth:

To be honest the first time I watched it I was losing the will to live by the time he got out at 9 minutes :frowning: :laughing:

How can posts be moderated without the usual tell-tale message at the bottom :blush:

pete904ni:
How can posts be moderated without the usual tell-tale message at the bottom :blush:

Very easily. there is a box that can be filled in with the reason for the edit. if that isn’t filled in then the fact it has been edited by a mod doesn’t show. I very rarely fill it in and I guess Denis decided not to on this occasion as well.

pete904ni:

They’re sneaky like that sometimes :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

pete904ni:

Because they don’t like a little green man offering a ham shank :laughing:

personally I thought it was a bit strong calling our Eastern Brethren that!

On the Director’s Cut version a bloke comes out with a clip board and tells him he’s on the wrong bay and points at the one 3 doors down. :slight_smile:

jimboy124:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyAGb1WUvt4&sns=fb

Your new Camera?

For newbie it was still rough but we all have to learn, i still am. Id have expected the guy filming to give him a pointer or two but thats the thing, most people would rather snigger at you now

I don’t claim to be brilliant at reversing but that was shocking especially after the lkw lorry moved even for a new driver there was no concept of getting in position before he started the manoeuvre as at the end of the day half the battle of reversing in anywhere in an artic is the position you start from.

EXCELENT REVERSING SKILLS
…for a DHL driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No comment.

Difficult to judge from the footage, I’d never slag off another driver’s reversing cos we can all have a bad day. I find there’s a big difference in the way twin and tri axle trailers reverse swapping from one to the other can mess up your line a bit :blush:

Perhaps newbie driver, end of a long shift in a foreign country, unfamiliar unit and trailer, unknown tight bays with not much space in front, being filmed, feel sorry for the guy but he’ll get over it.

The reversing was much better than the music :smiley: maybe he could hear it in his cab and thats why he couldnt concentrate

When i first started to viewed this i thought, “poor fella, blind side reverse” :cry: and worse still was that someone would rather film you than help you :imp: !! I would have politely asked that LKW Walter driver to move before i had even attempted to back onto this loading bay, you just cannot ever have enough room :smiley: . But on further viewing it does become apparent that this is a left ■■■■■■ and the vehicle has Polish plates (PL) :unamused: . As already said Worse still was that the Co Driver sat in the passenger seat for over three quarters of the attempted maneuver :stuck_out_tongue: ? what was he thinking :open_mouth: ? and then when he got out he didn’t even assist the guy driving, he obviously thought “What a coc” too… ahhhhhhh Polish drivers, who’s have them ■■?

Happy Trucking :grimacing:

can someone tell me if he eventually got on the bay? I lost the will to live after about 6 minutes. :open_mouth: