You know it's cold when

IMG_0287.JPG

The Temperature dropped to about -48c with wind chill last night. Truck was parked outside and plugged in. Good job the driver is off on his Jollies for a few days!

Is that frozen diesel?

Where the ■■■■ are you? Space?

Tipper Tom:
Is that frozen diesel?

Where the [zb] are you? Space?

It’s waxed and jelled fuel on the fuel filter.

No, not Space! Manitoba, Canada… The great white North.

Living the dream, Eh! lol

So yeah frozen diesel.

Never seen that before

It’s supposed to drop 40 degree’s here in the next 24 hours, right now it’s snowing like a motherforklift :laughing:
My truck is plugged in on my drive, I start it every few days but there is addative in the tanks anyway.

I,ll take the 40,s instead of the next 2 days in in the low 20,s.

ray

flyer747:

ray

You say what ■■ It’s minus 40C we’re talking about :unamused: Why would any right minded individual want that ? God bless Americans :laughing: :laughing: Say what one more time LOL .

Edit, brain is fffrrozen .

flat to the mat:

flyer747:

ray

You say what ■■ It’s minus 40C we’re talking about :unamused: Why would any right minded individual want that ? God bless Americans :laughing: :laughing: Say what one more time LOL .

‘What’ ain’t no country I ever heard of :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

flat to the mat:

flyer747:

ray

‘What’ ain’t no country I ever heard of :laughing:

motherforklifter !! Ouch :laughing: :laughing:

think Florida would be a better option …blinking cold that…

flat to the mat, I,m talking +40,s and now we got low to mid 20,s all week.

ray

Now I know why my Mums husband used to drive to Panama Beach from Canada every winter :open_mouth:
Now they just fly out from Manchester :laughing:

Or when this happens in mid summer when you’re looking into the effects of global ‘warming’ in the Antarctic. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

edition.cnn.com/2013/12/30/w … hip-stuck/

flyer747:
flat to the mat, I,m talking +40,s and now we got low to mid 20,s all week.

ray

Ray, we’re metric up here remember, +40c and +40f require two very different amounts of clothing :laughing:

ok newmercman, yes you are all metric like them Europeans but here in good ole USA we still got proper temps . Thurs & Fri are going to be in the very low 20,s and next Mon & Tues its gonna be 6 & 0 ( yes…zero) and where I work the temp is always lower than outside as its like a wind tunnel. I really do admire you truckers driving in these winter conditions.
P.S. They are now predicting 6 inches of snow starting tonite and more tomorrow.
ray

Tipper Tom:
So yeah frozen diesel.

Never seen that before

Used to go like that at about -9C or 16F in GB a while back, because the oil companies didn’t put the additive in early enough in the season to save themselves money. Spent many hours dealing with the consequences. Also climbed up on top of the bulk storage tank to pour 25litres of additive in through a funnel, when the gatekeeper used to ring to say that the delivery tanker had arrived.

cav551:
Used to go like that at about -9C or 16F in GB a while back, because the oil companies didn’t put the additive in early enough in the season to save themselves money. Spent many hours dealing with the consequences. Also climbed up on top of the bulk storage tank to pour 25litres of additive in through a funnel, when the gatekeeper used to ring to say that the delivery tanker had arrived.

A very common problem here when you fill up down south in the US while heading north back to Canada and then it starts gelling overnight when you’re parked in the more northern parts or in Canada itself. Once you hit Maine you’re usually ok with the diesel but filling up your 150 gallon tanks in VA or PA and then running up to Maine or back in to Canada and then parking overnight during a really cold spell, could lead to issues the next morning.

-51c here with the windchill tomorrow. I won’t be going far :open_mouth:

newmercman:
-51c here with the windchill tomorrow. I won’t be going far :open_mouth:

Ouch!

Read the online Daily Fail today , shock horror they were talking of temps in Canada dropping to minus 10C and into the minus teens in some places here , where do they find these feckwit reporters ? Personally I’d love temps of minus 10C at the moment , tee shirt weather :laughing: