You know it's cold when

flat to the mat:
Read the online Daily Fail today , shock horror they were talking of temps in Canada dropping to minus 10C and into the minus teens in some places here , where do they find these feckwit reporters ? Personally I’d love temps of minus 10C at the moment , tee shirt weather :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I only worked from 9pm Weds to last night, first time out since the Fri before Christmas. Took me and Mrs H an hours to free my truck from 2 weeks of ice and I st off before the snow hit. Loaded and delivered Scranton PA but only got back to Columbia NJ and had 8 hours at the TA where I broke my front tooth on their grub. Two hours before I could leave the snow hit hard, I left and I-80 was Hell, went right to Domino’s and grabbed a slice of Pizza from the only place I could stop. Fri morning I loaded for Ben & Jerry and set out in a blizzard, got there to find I was 2 days early, luckily I knew a guy there and got unloaded. On the way home the temp outside hit minus 37f . I hate winter :angry:

Hi Pat, stay warm and safe. Its not just the elements beyond your control, its the inexperienced nutters on the road.

Regards Paul.

Minus 10 would be a God send lol was around minus 40 with the wind today in Coaldale

First day back after the holidays , minus 46c and multiple fault codes on the truck , took it to Kenworth and they can look at it on Weds , home by 1130 for a few more days :unamused: :laughing: .

Any of you guy ever had the fluid freeze round your eye balls yet. Very interesting experience, happened to me near Citta in south east Russia a few years ago. I would prefer if it didn’t happen a again.

Jeff…

your stock of pop starts exploding in the garage cos its frozen, oh boy what a mess. :frowning: :frowning: :laughing: :laughing:
ray

My car battery, which lives in the boot/trunk froze solid after being parked outside in below -30c for the past month, I dunked it in a sink full of hot water, which instantly turned cold having had a giant ice cube dropped in it :open_mouth:

Repeated that exercise a couple of times and then stuck the battery on charge and it held the charge :sunglasses:

Got to work yesterday and parked the car in the heated warehouse, thought I’d be clever and leave all the doors open to get it nice and toasty for when it was home time, didn’t think about the interior light :blush:

Luckily it was ok, so further proof that the battery is still in reasonable shape after being frozen solid :wink:

you was lucky there newmercman as batteries aint cheap.
ray( old Essex boy)

I would be looking to change that battery asap mate , cos you know it’ll let you down when you least want it .
Eureka , truck got pulled into the Kenworth shop this evening , think my miles will be zero this week :unamused: WTF :laughing:

after reading newmercmans post I went and got a battery tender for the wifes car so I don’t have the same problem.

ray

I did a load east last week. Loaded New Years Eve (-52). Noticed the motor was leaking oil when I was in New Liskeard (-34). Took 3 Gallon of oil in North Bay (about 2 hours south), and another 2 gallon at the old scale just north of Huntsville (about an hour south) ((. By this point there was oil spewing out all over. Turbo, gaskets, seals. No loss of power or odd noises. Resulted in a couple of hours with no heat (-24) whilst waiting for the wrecker to arrive with another truck for me. Thankfully the boss had the foresight to call the wrecker when I was in New Liskeard, after I had sent him a video of what was going on.
Everyone thought a piston had gone. Turned out the Blow back pipe had froze! so the back pressure had nowhere to go.
No-one had seen or heard of this happening before :exclamation: Thank god it’s warming up at last.

sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I,m retired from truck driving now , many kudos to those of you who still do. especially this side of the pond. anyways got home today from work and more pop/soda have exploded, needs to warm up soon. They reckon it might be 53f here on Saturday.

ray

Not always bad Ray , although next week on the Prairies could get messy with temps hovering around zero during the daytime . Thanks to my crap Kenworth and a safety meeting today I managed 644kms this week and get paid for 55 hrs , money for old rope (sometimes) :laughing: .

Here we go again . Day I for me and at my third delivery the hydraulics decided to dump their contents on the floor , hopefully just a hose otherwise another week written off . Wish me luck at the shop tomorrow :unamused:

Any state north of Georgia we should give to Canada…and we’ll take Mexico :slight_smile:

Un bloody believable , my oppo did 3 Winnipegs over the weekend , nice earner :smiley: . I go in this morning and the signal lights on the trailer are shorting out so won’t stop flashing , repair shop until after lunch , local drop in Regina then out to Belle Plaine for the dump out . Almost empty and the hydraulic pump pukes its contents all over the ground again .
Don’t know who I upset but seem to be having some dire luck with equipment recently . :unamused: Trying desperately not to sound like Pat :laughing:

You know it’s hot when even the cat doesn’t mind an ice pack.

lol I havent seen temps that hot since my last jaunt down to the Mexican border back in 2010 and that was bloody horrible!

There,s a winter storm warning across most of the US and we,re going to get 10+ inches of snow between now and weds afternoon, good job I got a plough service. The storm stretches from the mid west right up into New England, so take care truckers. The snow fall will be taller than my dog. :laughing: :laughing:

ray