You got to laugh, speed awareness day out

yep got done for speeding 36 in a 30, 1 mile straight the normal b/s, not a problem 1st time in about 10yrs (i was in the car not truck)

anyway i booked on the speed awareness to day for early next month, and chatting to the lass on the phone who was taking the booking

then one question she asked me

lady on the phone asks, “do you have any special requirements the instructor needs to know about”

me, “yes i do sorry”

lady, " can you tell me what it is please"

me, " yes sure, coffee, white 2 sugars and some hobnobs" :grimacing: :grimacing:

lady, " laugh laugh, i wish i could put that, thats the best ive had"

at least it made her laugh :laughing: :laughing:

won myself a day out next month.

was doing 57mph on the m42 just before the toll road when the gantry was showing 50mph at 11.30pm on a wednesday night for no reason what so ever.

rob dogs :smiling_imp:

Please stand against the nearest wall and wear the attached blindfold, take what’s coming you give criminals a bad name doing 57 mph !!!

Did mine 9 months ago wasnt that bad better than I thought, 5 truck drivers on one table lol.

Si there was biscuits with a cup of coffee and there was Hobnobs so you might be in luck :smiley:

Daytrunker:
Did mine 9 months ago wasnt that bad better than I thought, 5 truck drivers on one table lol.

That’s quite a disgusting figure given that as a percentage of motorists we form about 2 to 3%.

I got a fine in the post last week, doing 116kph in 100 limit on Oct 12 by a video/radar car that was parked in the central reservation.
They take pic of number plate, where, when & speed send a fine, mine $103, with 3 months to pay, no points.
If you get stopped by a cop, you get points & fine.

I got caught in the car about a year ago. Fri night after 65 hours doing multidrop at 3663. Wasn’t sure of my name never mind being able to confirm i was doing 36 in a 30.

5 truckers on my course out of 22. One of the blokes in charge identified the truckers all sat together (sharing rdc tales of woe) and promptly moved us to other tables as he believed we would be disruptive together…

Course was scary, what the car drivers were unaware of was verging on unbelievable. Seeing them everyday you wonder. But this was worse, one woman shouldn’t be allowed to walk in public never mind drive on the road. Guy from Africa (Nigeria??) who genuinely (no language barrier) didn’t know the difference between a stop and giveway sign ffs.

Truckers knew all speed limits, identified all dangers before they developed. A credit to our proffession really … if it wasn’t for the fact they got caught breaking the law…

calsdad:
I got caught in the car about a year ago. Fri night after 65 hours doing multidrop at 3663. Wasn’t sure of my name never mind being able to confirm i was doing 36 in a 30.

5 truckers on my course out of 22. One of the blokes in charge identified the truckers all sat together (sharing rdc tales of woe) and promptly moved us to other tables as he believed we would be disruptive together…

Course was scary, what the car drivers were unaware of was verging on unbelievable. Seeing them everyday you wonder. But this was worse, one woman shouldn’t be allowed to walk in public never mind drive on the road. Guy from Africa (Nigeria??) who genuinely (no language barrier) didn’t know the difference between a stop and giveway sign ffs.

Truckers knew all speed limits, identified all dangers before they developed. A credit to our proffession really … if it wasn’t for the fact they got caught breaking the law…

I could play Devil’s Advocate here and point out the glaring contradictions but I won’t… :smiling_imp:

My local plod asked me to go one of these courses to help out once.
Well that and doin 46 in a 40 triggered the polite request of attendance or points.

Was all day back then and quite enjoyed it, think its only 4 hours now.

Chap I worked with attended his leathered.

His 7.5 sat on the car park.

Was told yesterday our boss got invited to one. Left it a bit late to get there and consequently got nicked for speeding on the way. Classic

I think you just can’t break the Law.
Yes,you can do against the Law,but you cant break them.
A Broken Law would be no good for anything anymore. :exclamation:

Conor:

Daytrunker:

That’s quite a disgusting figure given that as a percentage of motorists we form about 2 to 3%.

On the other hand, we do about 10 times the mileage that everyone else does.

maga:

was doing 57mph on the m42 just before the toll road when the gantry was showing 50mph at 11.30pm on a wednesday night for no reason what so ever.

You were seriously unlucky. I’ve never been flashed by a gantry camera in car or lorry, not even doing 59mph when the gantries have shown 20mph let alone 40mph. You see them flash occasionally. At first I thought it was only if you were really taking the mick like 100mph+, but seems to be random e.g. flash one in every 1000 motorist and everyone slows down.

Bad luck, and speaking from experience I recommend taking the points instead of the awareness course. Would have had more fun rubbing my nuts with a cheese grater.

its a pity it aint 7 hours
and countable towards Dcpc

done one last year in Bournemouth,quite a good course,they treat you with respect and you generally do learn things,i said to people as a laugh that its quite a popular course as there was so many there,the only negative side was the muppets at dorset police when I opted for the course,it was around twenty five years since my last offence so had a clean licence until last year,the way they explained it to me in the reply was that they were begrudgingly going to let me do the course,very kind of them I thought[not]they wanted me basically to be so grateful they offered it to me,i was doing 54 in a 50 mph zone and that particular week dorset police were operating a zero tolerance policy,so even if you done 51 they were still going to nick you regardless,that particular day I was driving a van so got a bit carried away,i normally drive hgvs so it was a change and I thought great no restrictions[apart from said speed limit]still you live and learn [expensive way to learn though]still I passed the course and still have a clean licence [touch wood]

bet the t…ts who nicked that old chaps medals don’t get a …don’t nick people belongings course will they…
to much trouble getting evidence. drivers easy target.

Ched:

maga:

You were seriously unlucky. I’ve never been flashed by a gantry camera in car or lorry, not even doing 59mph when the gantries have shown 20mph let alone 40mph. You see them flash occasionally. At first I thought it was only if you were really taking the mick like 100mph+, but seems to be random e.g. flash one in every 1000 motorist and everyone slows down.

Bad luck, and speaking from experience I recommend taking the points instead of the awareness course. Would have had more fun rubbing my nuts with a cheese grater.

I was going down the road one night and the limit went from 50 to 40 and the gantry cameras flashed about 4 or 5 vehicles in quick succession. Was like Blackpool illuminations :laughing:

sayersy:

Conor:

Daytrunker:

On the other hand, we do about 10 times the mileage that everyone else does.

Don’t worry Conor never speeds :unamused: :unamused:

hitch:
its a pity it aint 7 hours
and countable towards Dcpc

The trouble is you’d probably get banned before achieving your 35hrs DCPC