You dont need a Spare Roll Paper

the Office said to a Driver.
Vosa just asking for sufficient Paper

Lovlyperson:

There’s no legal requirement to carry a spare roll of printing paper but you should have enough paper to give any printouts requested by an authorised person ie VOSA or the police.

Most people carry a spare roll as a precaution, better safe than fined :wink:

I had a driver fined by the police for no paper in the digi tach.

tachograph:

Lovlyperson:

There’s no legal requirement to carry a spare roll of printing paper but you should have enough paper to give any printouts requested by an authorised person ie VOSA or the police.

Could vosa make you do a 28 day print out if they were really in that sort of mood ?

bald bloke:

tachograph:

Lovlyperson:

Could vosa make you do a 28 day print out if they were really in that sort of mood ?

Legally I suppose they could, but realistically I can’t see why they would ever want printouts going beyond your last weekly rest period.

If they were so concerned about someone that they wanted records for the previous 28 days I imagine the driver would be having a trip to the nearest checkpoint or waiting for a VOSA bod with a laptop.

Now,When the digi tacho came up it was said you need a Roll in the Tacho and a spare Roll in the Vehicle (Not on the Driver)
But it was not said how much must be on the Roll in the Tacho.
Maybe that way ordered a spare Roll to make sure you have enough Paper.
Now i wasnt sure if and when that changed.
OK,how much is sufficient?

Do you know how expensive tacho paper is? ■■■■■■■ ridiculous btw

Ive no took a print out in about a year people that do ever shift make me want to tear my eyes out, its like throwing money away.

Depends how many times a day you wipe your arse

It’s not theirs anymore, this our England…
Paaaarrrrrttttyyyyy

Lovlyperson:
Now,When the digi tacho came up it was said you need a Roll in the Tacho and a spare Roll in the Vehicle (Not on the Driver)
But it was not said how much must be on the Roll in the Tacho.
Maybe that way ordered a spare Roll to make sure you have enough Paper.
Now i wasnt sure if and when that changed.
OK,how much is sufficient?

As far as I’m aware it’s never been a legal requirement to carry a spare roll of printing paper.

As for how much is “sufficient”, I suppose if you wanted to be really picky you’d have to say sufficient to do printouts for the previous 28 days, in the real world can you imagine anyone wanting to go through that many printouts.

I would say “sufficient” for any sane enforcement officer would be enough to check your weekly rest periods, so enough to go back to your last regular weekly rest period.

merc0447:
Ive no took a print out in about a year people that do ever shift make me want to tear my eyes out, its like throwing money away.

I agree, and yet I know at least one company with over 20 vehicles on the road running two shifts a day who insist on printouts being handed in at the end of every shift, that’s as well as downloading the card at the end of every shift … crazy :unamused:

If the company is supplying the rolls no problem.
Working on agency you must have 28 days records with you so an end of shift print out is still the easiest way, especially if you get the odd analogue fitted vehicle. But doing nights I get two days worth every print out. Most companies I work for now do not want print-outs at end of shift but still expect them returned after the 28 day limit

Sufficient means having enough paper to print out whatever VOSA asks for and 28 days would be over 3 rolls worth if you had to do it all at once

your records are stored on your digi,so there`s no need for a print out

zzarbean:
Working on agency you must have 28 days records with you so an end of shift print out is still the easiest way, especially if you get the odd analogue fitted vehicle.

Why would you want printouts when it’s all on the driver card which you legally have to carry with you :confused:

zzarbean:
Working on agency you must have 28 days records with you so an end of shift print out is still the easiest way, especially if you get the odd analogue fitted vehicle. But doing nights I get two days worth every print out. Most companies I work for now do not want print-outs at end of shift but still expect them returned after the 28 day limit

Sufficient means having enough paper to print out whatever VOSA asks for and 28 days would be over 3 rolls worth if you had to do it all at once

As long as you have got your digi card with you (which you should have)then you have got 28 days records with you. :exclamation:
Plus any analogue discs that you may have had to use in that time of course.

And another thing. I told her I wanted some toilet paper and she asked me how many sheets!

Ita a bit like passports you do not need one travelling though EU countries , but you have to produce one if requested " how doe’s that work ? "

I imagine the only time VOSA would want a long printout is after they have found something untoward on the display. The printout would be their evidence for a court hearing.

I don’t see the need to printout every time you have a crap.

The rolls are almost 30 feet long so one roll in the printer should be sufficient for the regulations and for the driver to go about his business.

It should be an offence to drive a lorry without a roll fitted, much like it is to have an empty washer bottle. Do agency drivers empty the washer bottle when they go home?

Wheel Nut:
Do agency drivers empty the washer bottle when they go home?

No, and we don’t all steal the printing paper rolls either.

Though I have to admit some do :frowning:

Wheel Nut:
Do agency drivers empty the washer bottle when they go home?

They may as well do. they don’t put any diesel or add blue in. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well by the time I’ve checked and topped up the Oil and washer fluid, changed a couple of bulbs, cleared the carp out the cab (coffee cups crisp packets etc) scraped the muck of the mirrors and windows before I start and fill up with adblu and fuel and wash the unit down before I finish; it all adds up to an extra hour or so on the timesheet. Why would I want to skimp on it?

And yes previous drivers are often ‘company drivers’