You couldn't make it up.

According to the Daily Mail, a policeman from West Midlands who was sacked for using cannabis is now a lorry driver.

Am I missing something? And? :confused:

Sorry I forgot you need to be on drugs to do the job.

Imagine sitting in a pub having a pint and the police came in,breathalised you and banned you from driving because you were over the limit…even though you weren’t anywhere near your car or had any intentions of driving that day.

See,they can’t stop you from doing something ie driving a HGV unless they find you smoking a joint whilst doing it…

So what? Plenty of truck drivers drink alcohol. As long as he doesn’t go on the road stoned (which I’ve seen some drivers do) there’s nothing dangerous about that.

Apart from those that smoked crap affects mentally permanently.

Juddian:

And also affects the ability to write in English… :open_mouth:

wrighty:

Juddian:

And also affects the ability to write in English… :open_mouth:

:smiley: :wink: yeah, Juddian normally writes succinctly and eloquently, so I can only assume he’s smoked a reefer the size of a toilet roll holder prior to posting! :smiley: :smiley:

Fincham:
According to the Daily Mail, a policeman from West Midlands who was sacked for using cannabis is now a lorry driver.

So what’s the issue?

Nah, this bloke has personal experience of seeing someone close mentally diminish over time due in no small way to this apparently harmless weed, when people try to say how harmless this stuff is (they always compare to alcohol and smoking tobacco) i struggle not to explode, so forgive my phraseology if you would.

I’m not proud of it but in my youth I suffered with an addiction,mainly it was chocolate M&Ms but I also dabbled in Revels too,I’m clean now though surely we all deserve a second chance?

Fincham:
According to the Daily Mail…

I stopped reading at this point.

They can test you for drugs at the roadside anyway,

It was also covered on the BBC News site - if that’s more to your taste!

Fincham:

A copper taking cannabis is a hypocrite, he’ll probably be one of these lorry drivers who slags off the standard of car drivers while tailgating them :unamused:

ckm1981:
I’m not proud of it but in my youth I suffered with an addiction,mainly it was chocolate M&Ms but I also dabbled in Revels too,I’m clean now though surely we all deserve a second chance?

Does that mean, being a ‘Recovering Chocoholic’ you can Never put another piece of Chocolate in your mouth, ever again.
Do you go to Chocolates Anonymous ?
& listen to Sad Stories about Falling Off the ‘Wagon’ Wheel.
When all the other Lorry Drivers are having a Yorkie, do you have a Porkie (Pie) to stop you feeling left out ?

Do you think he’s the only HGV driver on the road at the moment whos smoked a joint? FFS there was a thread on here last year where guys from this forum were not only admitting doing it (which is no ones business if they are not working any time soon) but also arguing that it is fine to do it even if working the next day. :unamused:
Just because this guy used to be a cop is by the by.

Roymondo:

Fincham:

So what’s the issue?

The Daily Mail is written to make you angry. Anger leads to hate, and we all know what hate leads to!

Serco do random drug tests & apparently they can detect Cannabis in the system for a few days after you’ve taken it & they sack anyone found positive, here’s an article on it-
ncpic.org.au/cannabis-you/marij … g-testing/

Captain Caveman 76:

Roymondo:

Fincham:

So what’s the issue?

The Daily Mail is written to make you angry. Anger leads to hate, and we all know what hate leads to!

:confused: What’s that then ?