You cant use our toilet

Why go do it in middle of yard… barge their office and do it there… leave them with the smell

ROG:
I was attempting to find a LAW that a driver could stick under the nose of any company which clearly stated that they had no legal right to refuse the use of their toilets when the driver was conducting business on their premises.

Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
1974 c. 37
Part I
General duties
Section 4

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/section/4

merc0447:
Have any of you been to iceland livingstone, they have a sign up saying the facility for toilets for drivers has been removed due to damage to the toilets. There is a big padlock on the door aswell. Spent 3 hours there the other day just had a ■■■■ down the side of the wagon in their yard.

we don’t get much better. There is a toilet behind the transport office and every so often they ban drivers from using it. We are not allowed through the warehouse so we have to wait at the front door so someone can let us in to use the main toilets.

now that’s a thread revival folk’s :smiley: :smiley:

Actually as far as H&s is concerned as a authorised visitor to the site I.e your there for a purpose, you are classed to them same as a employee is the laymen’s version of the above its same for risk assessments etc

dambuster:

someone:

Employers have a general duty under section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of their employees at work. People in control of non-domestic premises have a duty (under section 4 of the Act) towards people who are not their employees but use their premises. The Regulations expand on these duties and are intended to protect the health and safety of everyone in the workplace, and ensure that adequate welfare facilities are provided for people at work.

So . . . . . . .

Section 2 deals with employees, and Section 4 with ‘trades’ visitors.

That’s all well and good until you read “Section 4”

General duties of persons concerned with premises to persons other than their employees.
4. (1) This section has effect for imposing on persons duties in relation to those who

-are not their employees; but
-use non-domestic premises made available to them as a place of work or as a place where they may use plant or substances provided for their use there,
and applies to premises so made available and other non-domestic premises used in connection with them.

(2) It shall be the duty of each person who has, to any extent, control of premises to which this section applies or of the means of access thereto or egress therefrom or of any plant or substance in such premises to take such measures as it is reasonable for a person in his position to take to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the premises, all means of access thereto or egress therefrom available for use by persons using the premises, and any plant or substance in the premises or, as the case may be, provided for use there, is or are safe and without risks to health.

So to use Sect 4 successfully, I’d say that you’d need to get a professional — maybe a doctor, or perhaps find a published paper stating the “risks to health” relating to ‘holding it in’ for prolonged periods.

My use of the plant, (the truck) is over once i have arrived at the site. I have no need to use plant there and therefore am a visitor to the site, not a tradesman. The only place this falls down is at Lidl/Aldi where the lazy ■■■■■■■ make you tip your own load and i therefore use the plant already on site to complete my working.

Got to a drop in canterbury and said before i help tip can i use your toilet plesae warehouseman your not alond i said sorry wot did you say he said it is there policy that outside drivers cant use it. He said the nearest toilet was asda 5 mins walk so off i went to asda used the toilet and ask to speak to the manager of asda i told him the LENLEYS FURNITURE was telling drivers to use your custormer toilet as a public toilet he said he would contact lenleys and speak to the manager. Now is it legel to refuse me toilet time and can i report lenleys to anybody. I have told my tm that if he wanted me to do the kent run again i will not deliver to lenleys he said he would talk to them. :angry: :angry:

I’d have ■■■■■■ on his forklift or up the office door mate :wink: either that or got back in the truck and took his stuff back to the yard.

I thought that the delivery point had to let a visting driver use toilet facilities thats why most big rdc’s etc provide a drivers toilet, but i could be wrong and stand to be corrected

Tossers, I’d’ve been tempted to leave em to tip it themselves saying “no toilet, no help - sorry it’s policy” :laughing:

Why do people seem to think truck drivers aren’t human!? We don’t seem to apply when it comes to human rights, how often does someone in a car dip their main beams for the car in front of you then put them back on as soon as it’s past as though they dont realise the truck’s actually driven by someone :imp: not to mention the suicidal woman on t.v. who said “I could have just steered into a hgv and it would all be over” What about the poor driver who’ll have to live with it for the rest of their life!?

To refuse even the most basic facilities is beond the joke though, I’d’ve been ■■■■■■■ livid :imp:

just take a leak on the loading dock. it might get you banned but would you be bothered. would your boss back you up. :question:

They have to let you use the toilets it comes under the health and safety at work act. If you can,t use their staff toilets they must provide alternative facilities.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ … DG_4016686

darkseeker:
Tossers, I’d’ve been tempted to leave em to tip it themselves saying “no toilet, no help - sorry it’s policy” :laughing:

Why do people seem to think truck drivers aren’t human!? We don’t seem to apply when it comes to human rights, how often does someone in a car dip their main beams for the car in front of you then put them back on as soon as it’s past as though they dont realise the truck’s actually driven by someone :imp: not to mention the suicidal woman on t.v. who said “I could have just steered into a hgv and it would all be over” What about the poor driver who’ll have to live with it for the rest of their life!?

To refuse even the most basic facilities is beond the joke though, I’d’ve been [zb] livid :imp:

When the see the state that many drivers leave toilets in it’s hardly surprising. And that’s before we get started on those drivers that smash them into 1000 pieces and rip the sinks from the walls etc. Only got yourselves to blame…

mike68:
They have to let you use the toilets it comes under the health and safety at work act. If you can,t use their staff toilets they must provide alternative facilities.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ … DG_4016686

I contacted the HSE Northampton office on this and they stated that there is no legal requirement for a company to let non employees use any of their facilities !!

The HSE stated that there is legislation in force for company employees.

Can anyone quote a law that is different to what they stated ■■

ROG:

mike68:

I contacted the HSE Northampton office on this and they stated that there is no legal requirement for a company to let non employees use any of their facilities !!

The HSE stated that there is legislation in force for company employees.

Can anyone quote a law that is different to what they stated ■■

it should,nt have to be law rog, its just the decent thing to do.
yes some drivers do screw it up for themselves but i aint one of them. if the bloke wants to walk me to the kazee and check i aint damaged it when im finished i aint bothered. he wont like the smell but as i said “i aint bothered” :slight_smile:

Why oh Why are there these posts on here at least once a week. Its about time something was done about this ridiculous situation.It really pees me off that a scroat who is doing time for whatever has more bloody human rights than we do! If that had of been me Id have peed over one of the boxes you were delivering.
Luckily in our job we dont have that problem, in fact its the other way around, most of the places we go would instantly chuck you of site if you didnt use the bog.Does make me glad im not in the position of doing general etc. Most of the places we go have subsidised canteens, showers,etc that we can/do use on a regular basis. Indeed some of the places we go to we deliberatly time it so we get there at either lunch or tea time.

i had this at the dysney store in coventry,i asked if i could use their toilet as i had been on the bay over 4hrs(tipping a container) was told i wasnt allowed into the premises,i stressed that i REALLY needed to have a ■■■■■ but was still told no,so i ■■■■■■ up my trailer wheel,on this one of the managers comes out and said we have you on cctv urinating on our property,i said yes and you also have me on cctv asking your wharehouse manager if i could use your toilet and refusing me,they banned me off site,i havnt slept right since :unamused:

Would have just told them to avoid the puddle near my rear wheels when the bring the paperwork back.

Only ever had this attitude once and once they realised i was serious about ■■■■■■■ in the middle of their yard, they suddenly had a change of heart.

Of course…if you had been in a bulk tipper, you could have just nipped in the back…keeping an eye out for double decker buses of course!

Alternatively, ■■■■ in a bottle and leave it on their loading dock when you leave.

Rob K:
Only got yourselves to blame…

What type of sweeping statement is that! :imp: :imp:

I and along with thousands of other drivers treat facilities with respect. It is a minority who spoil it.

This blanket ban and all lorry drivers are the same malarkey needs kicking into touch - ban the people responsible :unamused: sign for a key etc I wouldn’t mind that.

Lay by ■■■■■■■ as well…no need really, service areas all over the place.

lock the truck up in an inadequate position and trailer then wander off at a leisurely pace to asda, maybe do a bit of shopping then come back when your ready.