You AND your lorry!

Have any of your fleet survived into preservation Dennis?

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:
A nice Granada 2.8i I ran for a little while.Parked outside the office at the depot.

Nice motor and nice colour , it s like the 1 Cowley had in the Proffessionals only that was crimson and had a building brick of a phone in it complete with curly wire for the receiver :smiley:

This was pre Vodaphone years “ramone” IIRC about 83/84 our Fleet Engineer had diesel Granadas both 2.1 and 2.5 Peugot( French) engines in them.cheers Dennis.

Watch 1 of the many repeats currently being shown of the Proffessionals and you will see what i mean i think it was around 78/79 but there was a really smart Granada with an old fashioned telephone fitted looks so comical when Cowley uses it

This is a 1979 shot of the first 2.1D Granada the Fleet Engineer ran. This Red one was his next Granada but this had the 2.5D engine and IIRC it was a “Taxi” spec model,had a tougher suspension for one thing.

Go faster wheels too :wink:

ramone:

Iv’e been asked this question on a number of occaisions over the years “ramone” and I honestly don’t know mate! I would love to find out if there were but I’m not really bothered,but who knows!! Cheers Dennis.

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:
A nice Granada 2.8i I ran for a little while.Parked outside the office at the depot.

Nice motor and nice colour , it s like the 1 Cowley had in the Proffessionals only that was crimson and had a building brick of a phone in it complete with curly wire for the receiver :smiley:

This was pre Vodaphone years “ramone” IIRC about 83/84 our Fleet Engineer had diesel Granadas both 2.1 and 2.5 Peugot( French) engines in them.cheers Dennis.

Watch 1 of the many repeats currently being shown of the Proffessionals and you will see what i mean i think it was around 78/79 but there was a really smart Granada with an old fashioned telephone fitted looks so comical when Cowley uses it

This is a 1979 shot of the first 2.1D Granada the Fleet Engineer ran. This Red one was his next Granada but this had the 2.5D engine and IIRC it was a “Taxi” spec model,had a tougher suspension for one thing.

Go faster wheels too :wink:

Chromium steel IIRC,well the lad was only about 25 IIRC!! Dennis.

Evening Gentlemen, Fergie 47, thanks for the pictures! Mdme Stouff! what can one say, lots of stories and myths about their operations! (and their drivers)! By gum, I never wanted one of their Berliets as a part exchange, used to avoid that yard like the plague! Nice JL , wernt TGF at la roche sur yon, (its a long time ago). Cofrablacks doubles used to get a real wiggle on at about 80kms velocity, best to stay well back! Oh happy days, those 300 V8`s used to go on forever, probably why Stouff had them. Cheerio for now.

This is a shot of the “new” shape Granada Ghia I had for a while in early '85.

Bewick:

ramone:

Iv’e been asked this question on a number of occaisions over the years “ramone” and I honestly don’t know mate! I would love to find out if there were but I’m not really bothered,but who knows!! Cheers Dennis.

Dont know if you are aware of the DVLA facility where you can check a registration number and it tells you when the vehicles tax is due or ran out,this would indicate if the vehicle is still around maybe
click here and check some of your old motors taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo … =directgov

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Dont know if you are aware of the DVLA facility where you can check a registration number and it tells you when the vehicles tax is due or ran out,this would indicate if the vehicle is still around maybe
click here and check some of your old motors taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo … =directgov

I maybe give that a go “ramone” if it’s not too complicated Doh! Cheers Dennis.

being a bit of a nipper compared with some ( :blush: ) this is one of my older pics with one of my older trucks, i may have some from my youth at home but i wont be there for a little while to look

Having searched through my email chest have found a few that may be intresting.
For those of you that ran middle east & had the chance to stop over in Baghdad you would remember the crossed Swords. unfortunatly i have not got my pictures with me of our teams trucks, Volvos & Mercs, but i do have some of my Car & one of our other teams. The up armourd trucks are Internationals, some loved them some dident. said that when the batterie box got hit they would explode and being under the drivers seat not very comforting :open_mouth: My Car was a class 6 up-armourd Chevy, weighd around 6 tons, had all sorts of goodies built in including a system called “Warlock” it works of radio frequencys & is supposed to detonate road side bombs before you reach it :laughing: :sunglasses: One that was not fitted with warlock.
The Mack was when i worked in Haiti, running fuel tankers for the UN, the truck beside it is an M6 5 ton, we had 70 of them.
Me Car & Truck.JPG

Image(115).jpg

my brother Dave & fh12 mill transport after the takeover by pawsons

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Ive just checked a few of your old motors Dennis,it seems the older ones arent registered but the Bedford on the first page of your Bewick thread is listed at being due to be taxed in 1988 and a c reg Scania is also there

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Ive just checked a few of your old motors Dennis,it seems the older ones arent registered but the Bedford on the first page of your Bewick thread is listed at being due to be taxed in 1988 and a c reg Scania is also there

Hiya “ramone” yes I ran one or two last night but as you say its a bit hitty missy,I found one though TEC 640 R (111 day cab) which seems to still be about.Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Hiya “ramone” yes I ran one or two last night but as you say its a bit hitty missy,I found one though TEC 640 R (111 day cab) which seems to still be about.Cheers Dennis.

I think there`s a cut off date,ie they only started the register after a certain date ,its a shame they wont give the last owners name or if a vehicle was exported

My first ever Artic. Ex-Leggets of Woolpit 1982

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

Bewick:

ramone:

I think there`s a cut off date,ie they only started the register after a certain date ,its a shame they wont give the last owners name or if a vehicle was exported

it does tell you if its been exported

Bewick:

Looks a cool ol granny :sunglasses: just like the 1 im trying to spring off my mate :laughing:

2.8ghia x

Bewick:

Very nice, but couldn’t have been that much use to you Dennis, it’s got no hooks on it!
Regards Chris

Hi Dennis a 2.8 Ghia i had in the Eighties. bought new by Willie Whitelaw the Tory MP for Penrith still on the Road i think.

Ben.

is this thread still called you and your lorry,or ‘‘me wagon & granada’’ :confused: