yippee.....

got my foot on the first rung of the trucking ladder today received a call from an agency i registered with asking me to do a job for them ok al be it a 7.5ton truck but hey its a start lol off to same company tommorrow too so well happy lol also applying for robert wisemans

Happy days! 7.5t is alright gets you abit of tacho experience if anything. Be friendly with the other drivers and you mite find that if you tell those who you bump into that your new to the job it will put you at ease abit. Good luck!

i must admit though for a first job was daunting as it was a removals lorry higher than a standard truck on a windy m4 lol not to forget it had huge wooden crates in floor to ceiling lol was a little wobbly but was bloody windy on m4 going into wales

Congratulations on Ur first job I did 7 1/2 tonne my first for agency then got my first class c and not looked back since think they try u out first on somat smaller to see how u cope sometimes , u did good so they may give u cat c next time good luck
Jenx

second day today lol and back tomorrow also have another 7.5ton job on monday the problem i got is waiting for my digi tacho so i can drive the class 2 lol (analogue tachos in ones driving at mo) but hey ho im happy as its work after not working for so long its great to get back into it

Jennie:
Congratulations on Ur first job I did 7 1/2 tonne my first for agency then got my first class c and not looked back since think they try u out first on somat smaller to see how u cope sometimes , u did good so they may give u cat c next time good luck
Jenx

thank you :smiley:

cbarnes:
but hey ho im happy as its work after not working for so long its great to get back into it

Know that feeling well by a chance conversation in April I was asked to cover for a few day holls not looked back since ok it is driving vans but happy to be back working after a few years on the sick so know how you feel

Nice one CBarnes
Ive been with Two agents now for months and done loads of 7.5 tone work twice a week all for the same company now have my lgv C and just waiting for licence back .
The thing is if you go back to the same company more than twice your ok as if they didnt like you then they would tell the agent not to send you again .
my first job through an agent was sent to sleepmaster double man job and their drivers are told not to let agancy driver drive unless your hrs are up … spent a day lugging beds and putting them together ect up stairs on about 14 drops no break as driver put his tacko on break when we were unloading the biggest load …11 hr day … so phoned agent when i got home and told him im not a van lad dont send me there again lol he was,nt aware they did that he said .
Then i got talking to other drivers and they have all said the same after their first trip there :open_mouth: so new drivers always fall for it lol . Never been back since . now i get decent jobs from the same agent at least two jobs a week and now getting nights out so it does get better … :laughing:

the last three days have all been for the same company was asked for by name for today i do seem to get a good reputation when ive worked for agencies in the past was some hard slog though as was doing removals not exactly the best job to go back into after of long term sick after spinal ops etc

had to drive the red shed in the middle too today lol

cbarnes:
had to drive the red shed in the middle too today lol

But just think you are getting paid which pays the bills

good to hear its all going well mate.
I did about a year of agency work and every place i went i just kept my head down and got on with it. Never complained although at times i felt like it! But thats where you get a good reputation and i was being asked for by name by companies i worked for too, which in turn lead to me being offered a full time job with one of the places i was sent. So the fact your been asked for by name is only ever a good thing and your well on your way down the right path!
:smiley:

cant beleive how lucky i have been literally within a week of passing my cpc i was working so happy and i dont mind what i drive so long as its safe and roadworthy and i get paid lol

wayhay lol received a call from said agency late last night asking if i can work today said yeah to then find out its for same removals company been with for last 3 days but this time its… drum roll lol…class 2 so now extremaly happy but also nervous as not been near a class 2 since past my test back in feb oh well we see what happens all should be fine im sure just me being daft lol…T.B.C

Well u obviously impressed you half way there know the set up of said company so can concentrate on driving veh you will be fine good luck

jx

wow what a great day managed to get lorry in places only a van should go lol but was suorised to find the truck had a standard six speed box no ratio change etc

It still surprises me how many 6 speed 18 tonners I am asked to drive. And if it’s not a 6 speed its a twist the knob, foot down, and go.

Starting to forget what a range change looks like.

Glad it’s going well for you.

Dean

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Congratulations on getting on the road so quickly. Sounds like you are starting to get comfortable with the driving and not so nervous. Keep it up and keep on trucking.