yet another bridge strike

bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 … ew_Forest/

MOTORISTS and rail commuters faced travel chaos after a lorry hit a railway bridge in the New Forest.

The incident happened at the Ampress bridge on the A337 Southampton Road in Lymington this morning, and led to long delays developing in both directions.

The lorry was wedged under the bridge as a result.

The road between Marsh Lane and the Somerfield Roundabout has reopened after the lorry was recovered from the scene.

Bus services, such as the Bluestar number six service, were diverted via Pilley, with delays of up to 25 minutes reported.

South West Trains suspended services to Lymington station before the line reopened around 2pm.

Rail replacement bus services were in operation between Lymington and Brockenhurst.

No excuses, the driver wants his/her licence taken away. Nob head.

greggy:

Agreed.

Last case I know of, the driver was charged with “Driving without Due Care and attention” and reported to court, probably got a course though…

How much longer can this go on before we get the 4m max height law.

That bridge is always being hit. Living in Lymington we know it well!! It, in fairness its well signed and about 50 yards before it is a roundabout he could have quite easily turned at.

He obviously thought he was lower than 14’3’', which is what I think the bridge is!

If you are pulling at higher than the bridge, the route is a pain in the arse to get to Lymington but got to be a lot easier than hitting it :smiley:

We used to go under that bridge to get into our farm at Sway,we can’t anymore as our new trailers are 14’6 but im sure one of our super star drivers will have a go soon to avoid going round the longer route into Sway :open_mouth:

No need to buy a new flat now…

How much longer before a law is passed forbidding those unable to read English from driving outright?

We’re losing the PR campaign with idiots like this all around… The public think ALL pro drivers are like that already. :frowning:

I feel sorry for the Driver.

He must be a little embarrassed.

anyone can make a mistake, next time you have a near miss on some sort of ■■■■ up and say to yourself “that was close / that was lucky” that’s it, the majority of the time it’s luck which stops the near miss from being a ■■■■ up.

The driver was 73 as reported on BBC South Today. We go under that Bridge and it’s clearly signed in advance, so no excuses.
Talking of Lymington, can you access it from Lyndhurst without breaking the 7.5t limit in Lyndhurst? I know you can avoid it if travelling in the opposite direction due to the one way system.
How can you feel sorry for the driver? Did he not read the signs?

A clear cut case where the driver is 100% ar fault and albion is nowhere to be seen! :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :question: :question:

I expected at least some comments about the shocking driving standards of LGV drivers in this country. :open_mouth: I feel let down… :frowning:

Rob K:
A clear cut case where the driver is 100% ar fault and albion is nowhere to be seen! :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :question: :question:

have patients mr k :laughing: :laughing: and if it turns out you’re a doctor, i hope you have patience with them

Rob K:

He was driving it.
:stuck_out_tongue:

stevieboy308:
have patients mr k :laughing: :laughing:

Why? Is he a doctor?

Roymondo:

stevieboy308:
have patients mr k :laughing: :laughing:

Why? Is he a doctor?

:laughing: :laughing:

oh look, a mistake, on this thread as well :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

I expected at least some comments about the shocking driving standards of LGV drivers in this country. :open_mouth: I feel let down… :frowning:

:laughing: :laughing:

greggy:

FFS he made a mistake, Mr Perfect who can’t even spell Knob Head?

It wasn’t a mistake, it was blatant incompetence (see my comments on the Echo story)

Derf:
It wasn’t a mistake, it was blatant incompetence (see my comments on the Echo story)

i’d say blatant incompetence is when someone can’t carry out a number of the tasks required to complete the job, i think it’s a mistake when someone gets something wrong that they’ve done hundreds / thousands of times

i’m talking in general, not particularly this story as i don’t know the driver or his history