Yellow hi viz vests

Foxstein:
I would check if it comfirms to EU standards, because as far as I know I haven’t seen one as yet, and I can’t see how they can make you wear inferior products. Hi-vis should be what it says HI-VIS not medium vis with reflective strips.

justchecked, they have EN471:2003,on the label. wonder if i can get matching waterproof jacket and trousers? i’d look likethe red teletubby!

5RRF:
over ordered on the rail side…should have been 200 not 2000

i thought rail was Orange?

mucker85:

5RRF:
over ordered on the rail side…should have been 200 not 2000

i thought rail was Orange?

It is.

last co I worked for, only female staff wore the pink hi vis

Driver-Once-More:
last co I worked for, only female staff wore the pink hi vis

I’ve seen a fair number of male drivers wearing them but that could be their personal choice. :neutral_face:

over my dead body will i be wearing a pink one… :smiling_imp: my old yellow one is perfectly fine and if they dont like it then they can go do one… :laughing: :laughing: besides i am part of the “emergency services” if i dont dont deliver on time its an emergency… :laughing: :laughing:

They are a joke you can’t go in to the dock without wearing if. If they can’t see the truck Christ knows what the manky grease stained rag most high viz vest will do.

happysack:
justchecked, they have EN471:2003,on the label. wonder if i can get matching waterproof jacket and trousers? i’d look likethe red teletubby!

thought you said it was pink, now seems to be red!! think red is classed as EN471 but pink isn’t. Think the emergency sevices bit is bullcrap, because if I remember rightly Firemen wear red :slight_smile:

happysack:
just been into office and told to bin my old yellow hi viz and was given a pinkish one instead. was told this is going to be for everyone as yellow is going to be for emergency services only.

is this correct or just anotherstobart petty bull [zb] made up fairytale story/idea?

the girl who issued ours said it was fionas suggestion to get some pink high viz vests for the girls,but they liked the suggestion that much they ordered them for everyone,but apparently shes not happy as she wanted them in baby pink,but there actually salmon colour[well according to me they are,others say pink :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: [typical bloody women,just cant leave things alone,as they are,have to meddle :imp: :imp:

Judging by the amount of bullcrap around wearing red could be almost as dangerous as wearing pink. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Why do some drivers never take them off?
Driver comes in my local had his on in pub and was there a few hours wtf

kr79:
Why do some drivers never take them off?
Driver comes in my local had his on in pub and was there a few hours wtf

You will probably see more of them in the new hue :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems quite strange that the new idea of hi-viz clothing is a shade of pink. The idea being to stand out and be seen.

Even stranger when you realise that we did the exact opposite in the desert when I was in the SAS :stuck_out_tongue:

The Pink Panther was almost invisible against sand

There are penalties for not wearing the silly things, so just put on at start of duty and thats it.The railway workers have been wearing pink for years,though I think is a bit girly.

Yellow is soooooooooooo 2010 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:
Yellow is soooooooooooo 2010 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or indeed 2011!

Surely pink hi viz vests would suit all them drivers that lurk in qeer lay-bys after their bum fun lmfao

happysack:

gardun:

or indeed 2011!

Is it 2012 yet :question: :blush: :blush:

Visitors wear blue at our place.

We had this argument at our place, we’re surrounded by a sea of yellow containers welfare cabins etc, but we are not allowed to wear the orange vests to stand out against the yellow! :imp:

That’s the whole point of hi-vis vests innit!!■■

Goldfinger:
Visitors wear blue at our place.

We had this argument at our place, we’re surrounded by a sea of yellow containers welfare cabins etc, but we are not allowed to wear the orange vests to stand out against the yellow! :imp:

That’s the whole point of hi-vis vests innit!!■■

Yeh, but that would suggest that all this hi-viz stuff is nothing but plain pure and simple H&S ■■■■■■■■ :open_mouth: …No surely not is it■■? :unamused: