Yellow hi viz vests

just been into office and told to bin my old yellow hi viz and was given a pinkish one instead. was told this is going to be for everyone as yellow is going to be for emergency services only.

is this correct or just anotherstobart petty bull ■■■■ made up fairytale story/idea?

happysack:
just been into office and told to bin my old yellow hi viz and was given a pinkish one instead. was told this is going to be for everyone as yellow is going to be for emergency services only.

is this correct or just anotherstobart petty bull [zb] made up fairytale story/idea?

Hehehehe, what do you think■■?
To think you even questioned it, WTF■■? Maybe you look ‘good’ in Pink!!

It,s the H&S Nazis having a laugh, and proving to themselves that whatever bloody daft regs they think up, we will go along with it, they will be laughing their zbs off at all these butch hairyarsed truckers poncing round the yard dressed like Louis Spence in our designer-pink hi viz jackets :laughing: :laughing:

Haven’t Stobart’s been given new red ones ? Surely if they are red they are not British Standards standard

Kerbdog:
Haven’t Stobart’s been given new red ones ? Surely if they are red they are not British Standards standard

there not red but dark pink!..hehehehe :laughing:

I would check if it comfirms to EU standards, because as far as I know I haven’t seen one as yet, and I can’t see how they can make you wear inferior products. Hi-vis should be what it says HI-VIS not medium vis with reflective strips.

if the company is struggling as they say why spend out on new hi viz’s for all the employee’s :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

over ordered on the rail side…should have been 200 not 2000 as a side note the gas board wear blue!

5RRF:
over ordered on the rail side…should have been 200 not 2000 as a side note the gas board wear blue!

Not down here. They wear Yellow, if they wear one at all.

the point of hi vis is the reflective strip
thats why they are a waste of time in daylight

dinosteveus1:

happysack:

is this correct or just anotherstobart petty bull [zb] made up fairytale story/idea?

Hehehehe, what do you think■■?
To think you even questioned it, WTF■■? Maybe you look ‘good’ in Pink!!

its the wrong shade of pink, clashes with my ‘blue eyes’.

Normally PINK issue is to stop them being stolen

hitch:
the point of hi vis is the reflective strip
thats why they are a waste of time in daylight

The reflective strip is for night time

The Day-Glo yellow or orange is for the daytime :wink:

hitch:
‘…the point of hi vis is the reflective strip thats why they are a waste of time in daylight…’

If so, should I not have been spotted & chewed-off when I was without one in the daytime :question:

m4rky:
The reflective strip is for night time

The Day-Glo yellow or orange is for the daytime :wink:

+1

you can get the hard hat and a tool belt to go with your pink hi vis :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I could speed up my retirement Process :exclamation:

cv68:
you can get the hard hat and a tool belt to go with your pink hi vis :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ooooh! They will go soooooo nice with my wedge heeled safety thigh boots, flared leather hi viz over trousers/chapps (with arse cut out), leopard print ear muffs, and tinted pink wrap around safety glasses. :sunglasses:

Lovlyperson:
I could speed up my retirement Process :exclamation:

OK, bye.
You going back now?

Kerbdog:

I think the issue here, if what the OP says is true, could be more along the lines of whether it is legal to humiliate and emasculate men in this way. I trust not.

I have seen companies where the drivers do wear pink hi-viz vests but I have my suspicions it could fall foul of Article 3 of the Human Rights Act if it was a mandatory requirement.

Here is an example of why i think this:

What is inhuman and/or degrading treatment?
The European Court of Human Rights has defined treatment as ‘inhuman’ when it has been ‘applied for hours at a stretch and caused either actual bodily injury or intense physical and mental suffering’. Treatment has been found to be ‘degrading’ when it has been ‘such as to arouse in its victims feelings of fear, anguish and inferiority capable of humiliating and debasing them’ (1999 judgment in the case of T and V v UK).

from nihrc.org/dms/data/NIHRC/att … reated.pdf page 10.