Yellow box . londom

back half of trailor caught on cam in yellow box, seems cars infront on pic. light look like on red , any input… funnie not excepted

You talk like a red Indian. Love it. “man who make peace with beetle. Fly with wind” etc etc

Yeah
I’ve had 1 of them same thing
Just paid up not cheap £100?
Picture pretty conclusive
Appeal tell them about cars

Man who lie under truck with tool in hand not necessarily mechanic.

Do the pictures show you entering the yellow box junction? The offence is to enter a junction when the exit is not clear so if the evidence does not show this appeal on those grounds.

MrH:
Do the pictures show you entering the yellow box junction? The offence is to enter a junction when the exit is not clear so if the evidence does not show this appeal on those grounds.

You’d do well to appeal these type of offences - technicalities are usually the only way.

Traffic offences are generally absolute - either they’ve happened, or they haven’t; defence is almost always not allowed.

In this case, the box junction has been entered, and not cleared. Doesn’t matter if you’re 40’ long or 4’ long. Trouble is, this can make travelling in busy cities a right pain in the arse.

How long are you permitted to obstruct the road before a big enough space appears?

axletramp:
How long are you permitted to obstruct the road before a big enough space appears?

This seems to be an unthought out issue of road planners, hold on, they likely drive cars :wink:

How to use a yellow box junction
You may enter a yellow box junction when your exit is clear and there is enough space on the other side of the junction for your vehicle to clear the box completely without stopping.
You can stop in a yellow box junction when turning right if you are prevented from turning by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
Do not simply follow the vehicle in front as it may stop and prevent your exit and don’t let other drivers pressure you to enter the box when a clear exit is not available.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNgDxKiEwpU

Immigrant:
How to use a yellow box junction
You may enter a yellow box junction when your exit is clear and there is enough space on the other side of the junction for your vehicle to clear the box completely without stopping.
You can stop in a yellow box junction when turning right if you are prevented from turning by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
Do not simply follow the vehicle in front as it may stop and prevent your exit and don’t let other drivers pressure you to enter the box when a clear exit is not available.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNgDxKiEwpU

Easier said than done, if anyone in lane 2 at the lights sees a 50ft gap in the other lane they’ll snap it right up, [zb] the other guy not my problem attitude.

Dash cam footage could be handy if it showed a clear road ahead when you set off in your clear lane, then had other vehicles blocking your progress over the YBJ.

Yep you will be done , I had the same thing on Euston Rd a while back , arse end just inside the yellow box pic and fine thru the post :imp: VULTURES !!!

largebloke1969:
Yep you will be done , I had the same thing on Euston Rd a while back , arse end just inside the yellow box pic and fine thru the post :imp: VULTURES !!!

Over hang or wheel?

You have to be stationary for set amount of time for offence to be committed cant remember if its 30 seconds or 2 minutes,but appeal anyway gl.

hook:
You have to be stationary for set amount of time for offence to be committed cant remember if its 30 seconds or 2 minutes,but appeal anyway gl.

On a similar note, for an offence to have been committed you have to have been stopped. They must have 2 photos/video showing that you were absolutely stationary, ie if you were moving very, very, very slowly then no offence has occurred. Appeal it unless here is proof that you were absolutely stopped.

weeto:

largebloke1969:

Over hang or wheel?

Just the overhang

Roymondo:
Man who lie under truck with tool in hand not necessarily mechanic.

Man caught with ■■■■■ in biscuit tin not necessarily fvking crackers!

google.co.uk/maps/@51.51348 … 312!8i6656

Had a problem there once, waited for 5 cycles of the light and each time it was green there was no room the other side of the box but after changing to red the lights the other side of the junction would change and make room again. So sat there for a bit, people start beeping as i don’t move on green so i just had to accept it and drive through on green and overhang on the box for 1min.

Nothing came of it though lucky for me, you can only try so hard.

mrginge:
Google Maps

Had a problem there once, waited for 5 cycles of the light and each time it was green there was no room the other side of the box but after changing to red the lights the other side of the junction would change and make room again. So sat there for a bit, people start beeping as i don’t move on green so i just had to accept it and drive through on green and overhang on the box for 1min.

Nothing came of it though lucky for me, you can only try so hard.

The cynical side of me wonders if that’s intentional or not…

A.

James the cat:
You talk like a red Indian. Love it. “man who make peace with beetle. Fly with wind” etc etc

That’s just made my day you legend