Yellow Box Junctions

Watch out when using these yellow box junctions,my Uncle was cut up in London by a car & had to stop with the trailer in the box,nice fixed penalty of £65 arrived in the post :cry:

yelloe box.png

Tell him to fight it! :laughing: and tell the CCTV operator to brush up THEIR Highway Code! :sunglasses: £0! :smiley: his exit WAS clear when he WENT through the green light so irrelevant if his trailers in the box! :wink: he’s not causing an obstruction, the photo is a still so how could they possibly know if he’s progressing through the junction? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not his problem some cockerknee has FILLED the gap! If he pays it■■? I’d bin it :grimacing:

Surely if this is as he has said and from the angle of the car in front of him I would say that it probably did change lanes after the junction. He should be able to contest the fine on the fact that his exit from the box junction was clear when he entered it.

Post what you have put here on pepipoo.com and he will get free advice from professionals (which I’m not).

Wonder if Royal Mail will get one too■■? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: he’s blocking the JUNCTION! :sunglasses:

schrodingers cat:
Surely if this is as he has said and from the angle of the car in front of him I would say that it probably did change lanes after the junction. He should be able to contest the fine on the fact that his exit from the box junction was clear when he entered it.

Post what you have put here on pepipoo.com and he will get free advice from professionals (which I’m not).

^^ THIS!!

I got a similar one, I set off through a box junction and someone pressed the button on a pelican crossing.
I stopped at the pelican crossing, and my under-run bar was in the box junction, so a ticket went to work.
I appealed it and won.
In my appeal, I asked if it was automated, and they said “No, it’s controlled by a human in the control room”, so I then asked why they employ such complete ■■■■ heads who can see what’s happened and still send tickets out - I never got a response to that :smiling_imp:

waynedl:

schrodingers cat:

^^ THIS!!

I got a similar one, I set off through a box junction and someone pressed the button on a pelican crossing.
I stopped at the pelican crossing, and my under-run bar was in the box junction, so a ticket went to work.
I appealed it and won.
In my appeal, I asked if it was automated, and they said “No, it’s controlled by a human in the control room”, so I then asked why they employ such complete ■■■■ heads who can see what’s happened and still send tickets out - I never got a response to that :smiling_imp:

Check my sig V V V V

Will:
‘…Watch out when using these yellow box junctions…’

Boys at my place are always getting done for this - especially in London.

I’ve been lucky by usually taking up as much of any/all lanes on approach and making the most of one’s timing, although it’s all a matter of luck and whether you’re mentally prepared for inevitable wrath of other motorists whose motoring needs are obviously more important than ours, eh…!

:neutral_face:

the idea is to slow right down and keep crawling as long as the wheels are turning no matter how slow they cannot do you.

waynedl:

In all fairness, I doubt people are queueing up to sit and watch CCTV of a yellow box, for hour after hour, as a job.

hotel magnum:
the idea is to slow right down and keep crawling as long as the wheels are turning no matter how slow they cannot do you.

Who comes up with this crap?

The offence is ‘entering a box junction when your exit isn’t clear’

How does keeping the wheels turning make it clear when you entered?

waynedl:

hotel magnum:

Who comes up with this crap?

The offence is ‘entering a box junction when your exit isn’t clear’

How does keeping the wheels turning make it clear when you entered?

Nay lad, the letter of the law states “that no person shall cause a vehicle to enter the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of stationary vehicles”, i.e. you have to have entered onto it and subsequently stopped on it, all whilst a stationary vehicle causes you to be unable to exit it, hence no offence was committed above AIUI. The exit doesn’t have to be clear at the time of entering as long as it is before you exit and you haven’t stopped in the meantime.

yellowboxjunction.co.uk/Yellow-B … w-says.htm

The law actually makes no reference to the “exit being clear” - the offence is committed by entering the junction such that your vehicle “has to stop due to the presence of stationary vehicles”. So provided the vehicle doesn’t “have to stop” (i.e. if it can keep moving, albeit slowly), no offence is committed…

I got done for one in Brixton a few years back, I’d let the lights cycle a couple of times and then someone nicked my space as I was half way across, the last couple of feet of the trailer were overhanging the box not blocking anything. Wrote off an appeal and never heard any more.

Should of taken up both lanes to prevent someone driving round the outside of him then nicking the space yr uncle thought he had, fairly common practice down this way.

Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (download ‘Road markings’ (PDF, 731KB)). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear[/b]. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.
Law TSRGD regs 10(1) & 29(2)
You have automatically commited an offence if
1) The exit was not clear when you entered the yellow box junction

waynedl:
Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (download ‘Road markings’ (PDF, 731KB)). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear[/b]. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.
[/quote]
That’s what the highway code says but the law it refers to, which you reference, doesn’t mention the exit being clear.

DearBoy:

waynedl:
[/quote]
That’s what the highway code says but the law it refers to, which you reference, doesn’t mention the exit being clear.
[/quote]
I’m not a lawyer, I’m a driver, and these are the rules with which I have to drive - I know a lot in the Highway Code is a guide, but if it quotes a rule like that, then I usually obey it :wink:

waynedl:

DearBoy:

waynedl:
[/quote]
[/quote]
I’m not a lawyer, I’m a driver, and these are the rules with which I have to drive - I know a lot in the Highway Code is a guide, but if it quotes a rule like that, then I usually obey it :wink:
[/quote]
Fair do’s, it’s confusing for sure. I’ve read about this a few times on ticket fighting forums after the same as the OP happened to me.

the laws an ■■■

carry some cones and cone off the lane at the side so they can’t cut across,don’t know how that’d go down though.

DearBoy:

waynedl:

DearBoy:

waynedl:
You have automatically committed an offence if
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Fair do’s, it’s confusing for sure. I’ve read about this a few times on ticket fighting forums after the same as the OP happened to me.
[/quote]
See, my argument when I fought (and won) my ticket was that the exit was clear when I entered, and then the circumstances changed - pelican crossing light turned red - which resulted in me stopping on the box junction. Hence, no offence committed.