YAY! At last, EE driver M25 on break, with police attendanc

Well, taken a few years of teeth grinding frustration, but yesterday afternoon travelling round the north M25, I passed one of our EE colleagues parked up behind a bridge buttress on his break with a police Range Rover parked in front of it, blue lights flashing.

Not only that, there appeared to be one of our Met’s finest sitting in the cab havin’ a word.

There was another artic parked directly behind them having a tyre changed so I suspect the Range Rover turned up for that and thought that, while they were there, they might as well have a chat.

I don’t know why it winds me up seeing the trucks all parked up there, (summat about fair play and the British way maybe?) but it really does. Seeing all the crap and rubbish left there on the verge doesn’t help either.

Oh well, one down, couple of hundred others to go.(sigh)

If the truck fits they will park there regardless of where it is!! Everywhere you look there is an EE truck parked there!!

Bloody good too, even when they’re in the services they manage to not park in an actual bay but park somewhere daft. Stopped in Beaconsfield services earlier, one parked at the end of the row of bays, on the wonk, arse hanging over the last bay, suggesting it was empty when he turned up, just couldn’t be arsed to back in. Curtains shut, still there when I’d had my break. Another was parked in the car parking area across a load of bays, curtains shut too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I counted 14 between the a10 and the a12,the other morning.
And it was’nt particularly early…so God knows how many more had already left.

I wouldn’t bother my arse about such things, too busy minding my OWN business tbh. :neutral_face: but if it makes the o/p deliriously happy, well, whatever floats your boat mate. :neutral_face:
‘‘Teeth grinding frustration’’ …really? :open_mouth:
I mean, if it was legal would you park there, I’m ■■■■ ed if I would.!

Maybe some of you would judging by the way you park on the edge of busy carriageways in lay bys…with your mirrors pulled in :open_mouth:
(aka known as your brain telling you if you need to do that it aint safe :bulb: :bulb: !!!)
Live and let live for Christ’s sake, if they want to park there who g a f ? :unamused:

btw ‘Crap and rubbish’’ left is not entirely exclusive to foreign drivers…trust me.

Whats with being so happy about seeing an EE driver being pulled exactly?? We’re all in the same boat and i never ‘enjoy’ seeing any truck driver being pulled from whatever country theyre from. No, he shouldnt have been on the shoulder but not everyone from other countries drives as a UK driver does, theres variations and interpretations. Im a Brit abroad and often see Brit drivers doing strange things not common place over here but dont get a hit off seeing them nicked for it and as for detritus, you;ll see far more p1ss stains and cr@p bags in Uk stops than you’ll ever see in any EU truck stop… :unamused:

AndrewG:
Whats with being so happy about seeing an EE driver being pulled exactly?? We’re all in the same boat and i never ‘enjoy’ seeing any truck driver being pulled from whatever country theyre from. No, he shouldnt have been on the shoulder but not everyone from other countries drives as a UK driver does, theres variations and interpretations. Im a Brit abroad and often see Brit drivers doing strange things not common place over here but dont get a hit off seeing them nicked for it and as for detritus, you;ll see far more p1ss stains and cr@p bags in Uk stops than you’ll ever see in any EU truck stop… :unamused:

The OP will be a saddo who has never been any further than the M25, so much for one brotherhood on the road. :unamused:

I use the 25 from J’s 27 to 29 about once a week and there’s often a lorry with plod sat infront of it under them bridges. I guess some forces consider it a higher priority than others.

puggy:
Well, taken a few years of teeth grinding frustration, but yesterday afternoon travelling round the north M25, I passed one of our EE colleagues parked up behind a bridge buttress on his break with a police Range Rover parked in front of it, blue lights flashing.

Not only that, there appeared to be one of our Met’s finest sitting in the cab havin’ a word.

There was another artic parked directly behind them having a tyre changed so I suspect the Range Rover turned up for that and thought that, while they were there, they might as well have a chat.

I don’t know why it winds me up seeing the trucks all parked up there, (summat about fair play and the British way maybe?) but it really does. Seeing all the crap and rubbish left there on the verge doesn’t help either.

Oh well, one down, couple of hundred others to go.(sigh)

Looking on the positive side. it frees up a space in a lay-by.

Why does it upset you so much? Would you rather they sit at the entrance to a layby with trailer sticking out like the non ee drivers do? Get over it. :grimacing:

Start grinding your teeth o/p :unamused: , passed 5 artics on the hard shoulder on the slip coming out of Frankley msa s/b M5 about an hour ago, the park must have been chokker due to the earlier hold up, so reckon they maybe had no choice to take a break there.
What a bunch of ■■■■ s eh?

Sorry to dissapoint you though mate…all Brits. :neutral_face:
So does that make it ok with you or what?
:unamused:

robroy:
I wouldn’t bother my arse about such things, too busy minding my OWN business tbh. :neutral_face: but if it makes the o/p deliriously happy, well, whatever floats your boat mate. :neutral_face:
I mean, if it was legal would you park there, I’m [zb] ed if I would.!

Maybe some of you would judging by the way you park on the edge of busy carriageways in lay bys…with your mirrors pulled in :open_mouth:
(aka known as your brain telling you if you need to do that it aint safe :bulb: :bulb: !!!)
Live and let live for Christ’s sake, if they want to park there who g a f ? :unamused:

btw ‘Crap and rubbish’’ left is not entirely exclusive to foreign drivers…trust me.

On the comment about laybys there, I always think why is parking on the hard shoulder seen as such a terrible crime against humanity, when we are expected to park in skinny little laybys next to equally busy A roads??

One that springs to mind for me is at the London end of the M40, there’s a bit with a bridge where the hard shoulder is very wide, parking there would be akin to using a child as a speed bump but less than half a mile along when it becomes the A40, there’s a slim layby, signposted as parking of course. Much safer. :unamused:

A.

Adonis.:

robroy:
I mean, if it was legal would you park there, I’m [zb] ed if I would.!

On the comment about laybys there, I always think why is parking on the hard shoulder seen as such a terrible crime against humanity, when we are expected to park in skinny little laybys next to equally busy A roads??

One that springs to mind for me is at the London end of the M40, there’s a bit with a bridge where the hard shoulder is very wide, parking there would be akin to using a child as a speed bump but less than half a mile along when it becomes the A40, there’s a slim layby, signposted as parking of course. Much safer. :unamused:

A.

I don’t overnight in lay bys at all on principle, so I wouldn’t know.
Parking in one that is well off the side of the road, maybe even with a grass section seperating it is one thing, parking in one where the driver feels the need to pull his mirrors in :unamused: , is downright dangerous, and I often question the intelligence of those that do.

There are times when it is not possible reach a safe place either because of lack of local knowledge or time constraints. As a day driver I had to have some unplanned nights in lay-bys and it wasn’t from choice.

robroy:
:

“robroy” you are so yesterday, the latest thing is to park with the arse end of the trailer still in the carriageway, first layby after Cambridge services(n/b) is a prime location for this, but its fine because they hang a Hi-vis vest on the back :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: on the same principle as the mirror pulled in, if you feel the need to hang a hi-vis on the o/s rear of you trailer, then it aint bloody safe, and yes several have been lightly stoved in, only a matter of time before someone is killed or seriously injured through this practice, oh and it is 90% foreigners :unamused: :unamused:

A stereotype is a stereotype for a reason, that’s because its the norm, before anyone starts saying its brits as much as foreigners :wink:

PS the brit trucks doing this practice probably have foreign drivers :unamused:

robroy:
I don’t overnight in lay bys at all on principle, so I wouldn’t know.
Parking in one that is well off the side of the road, maybe even with a grass section seperating it is one thing, parking in one where the driver feels the need to pull his mirrors in :unamused: , is downright dangerous, and I often question the intelligence of those that do.

I don’t mind a set back one if I’m honest, mind you I’ll sleep through anything.

No chance would I be in one without it being separated from the road, never mind having to pull mirrors in.

It is worrying that drivers are forced to sleep in them. I assume forced as no one would willingly stay there would they?

A.

eddie snax:

robroy:
:

“robroy” you are so yesterday, the latest thing is to park with the arse end of the trailer still in the carriageway, first layby after Cambridge services(n/b) is a prime location for this, but its fine because they hang a Hi-vis vest on the back :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: on the same principle as the mirror pulled in, if you feel the need to hang a hi-vis on the o/s rear of you trailer, then it aint bloody safe, and yes several have been lightly stoved in, only a matter of time before someone is killed or seriously injured through this practice, oh and it is 90% foreigners :unamused: :unamused:

A stereotype is a stereotype for a reason, that’s because its the norm, before anyone starts saying its brits as much as foreigners :wink:

So even the UK trucks that park in bad places are driven by ee drivers? Lol are you ok in the head?

Boxlife77:

eddie snax:

robroy:
:

So even the UK trucks that park in bad places are driven by ee drivers? Lol are you ok in the head?

A while back I couldn’t get parked the other side of Reims, tried two services and three airs all jammed up. To leave one service I had to wake an EE out of his bed at 3am to move his truck, I didn’t enjoy that, he was in the same boat as me. And one more thing the government are happy for us to drive on the most dangerous lane of the motorway but not sleep on it when we’re desperate

Boxlife77:

eddie snax:

robroy:
:

No I’m probably not right in the head. :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously though, this practice of parking and parking on the hardshoulder are a new phenomenon, I don’t remember this going on 10 years ago, do you :question: , so what’s different in the last decade or so :question: :question: :question:

ps How many Industrial Estates have been put out of bounds in the same time period, granted there are some pretty lousy brit drivers, but the amount of rubbish and human waste being left in parking areas and industrial estates has increased radically, and one by one they get closed down. I’ve noticed today that the laybyes on the A13 and the twin track to Tilbury from the A13 have been closed off, now I didn’t park in them overnight but they were handy whilst waiting for Tilbury VBS bookings. They’ve been there for 20 years, so why shut down now :question:

eddie snax:
Seriously though, this practice of parking and parking on the hardshoulder are a new phenomenon, I don’t remember this going on 10 years ago, do you :question: , so what’s different in the last decade or so :question: :question: :question:

That’s easy, 10 more years of increasing traffic, coupled with same 10 years of the Government ignoring the fact that there is a chronic shortage of SUITABLE parking places, along with same 10 years of existing places closing and dwindling away.
It will only get worse this year and every other year until the problem is addressed.