XPO Logistics

eagerbeaver:
I wouldn’t dream of discussing your ■■■■ on here Drift. We will discuss it over a pint later on.

8pm Blue Oyster again mate?

As for XPO, I will post some info when they take over at our place in May.

Date :laughing:
Where are you working now?

Iceland mate. Do the odd day for NFT distribution out of Middleton as well.

I did ASDA Avonmouth yesterday for NFT, and I thought for a minute you were there! Same trailer as yours, but an 11 plate DAF XF pulling it.

Driver wasn’t half as handsome as you though.

eagerbeaver:
Iceland mate. Do the odd day for NFT distribution out of Middleton as well.

I did ASDA Avonmouth yesterday for NFT, and I thought for a minute you were there! Same trailer as yours, but an 11 plate DAF XF pulling it.

Driver wasn’t half as handsome as you though.

That will be out of Bridgend, ugly as sin down there :laughing:
got me a nice couple of days/nights next week, dozens of new flt’s to Kimberly Clark in Barrow in furness, so keep your eyes peeled on the m6 I will flash you big boy :laughing:

Lol. By Christ he WAS ugly man!

Nice enough chap to talk to though. He told me that he was even worse looking as a child.

Got fed via catapult. Mother couldn’t stand him.

eagerbeaver:
Lol. By Christ he WAS ugly man!

Nice enough chap to talk to though. He told me that he was even worse looking as a child.

Got fed via catapult. Mother couldn’t stand him.

:laughing: :laughing:

Xpo are doing a european takeover. Everything is a sea of red in france. Xpo warehouses everywhere.

One XPO place in brackmills northampton has FREE coffee for visiting drivers !

Also noticed a ‘green room’ (i think). a place with elbow high tables and no chairs for empowerment and team bonding sessions .

Yikes !!

htmldude:
I’ve noticed XPO seem to be everywhere now. The Donkey Stranglers are the obvious case, but I saw a depot in Hinckley where they’d took down the old name and just put a square sign up with XPO on it (other side and down a bit from the Tesco fridge RDC). Then on my way home from work I saw ]a BOC gas bottle trailer, pulled by an XPO wagon![/u]
[u]
[/u]
Is it an American quest for global ■■■■■■■■■■?

Nothing new there… BOC, in part at least, was handled by TDG and subsequently Norberts and XPO…

Concretejim:
Xpo are doing a european takeover. Everything is a sea of red in france. Xpo warehouses everywhere.

Well at least the stranglers don’t have to repaint the buildings.

Why? Are they golden brown?

eagerbeaver:
Why? Are they golden brown?

Metal coloured mate.

Kate:

htmldude:
I’ve noticed XPO seem to be everywhere now. The Donkey Stranglers are the obvious case, but I saw a depot in Hinckley where they’d took down the old name and just put a square sign up with XPO on it (other side and down a bit from the Tesco fridge RDC). Then on my way home from work I saw ]a BOC gas bottle trailer, pulled by an XPO wagon![/u]
[u]
[/u]

Nothing new there… BOC, in part at least, was handled by TDG and subsequently Norberts and XPO…

And BOC are as happy as a fat kid running round a sweet shop wit a free ticket with the agreement

They’re offering tanker work (non fuel) by me for £12.75 an hour on nights and time and half after 8 hours. Average 54 hours for something like £37k it said.

Not amazing or anything but better than what Norberts were offering not so long back. I remember a tanker job offered at £6.66 an hour.

The gas man:

Kate:

htmldude:
[u]
[/u]

And BOC are as happy as a fat kid running round a sweet shop wit a free ticket with the agreement

Are you a BOC man then? I drive 1289 out of Letchworth

Been to both Crick and Leigh, both places seemed very quiet and laid back.

Steevo:

The gas man:

Kate:

htmldude:
[u]
[/u]

Are you a BOC man then? I drive 1289 out of Letchworth

Ah fleet drivers :slight_smile:
I work for XPO yeah

I delivered most of the plant used for the signage to be changed over from N.D to XPO. Manchester sign company is the contractor doing the work iirc.

Spoke to manh drivers at many depots who come to have a nosey whilst I unload the low loader. Initially many drivers fumed about cut in hours and less over time rates. But those moans have calmed and most depots run paye employed drivers. Most of the change at front line level is a chnage of uniform and a rebranded vehichle and trailer. Seems the real change is at top brass and the new practises of work. Rates are decent and kit the same.

Just the green army, wincanton and maritime paying the wages the great unwashed seem content with.

The gas man:

Kate:

htmldude:
[u]
[/u]

It’s worth pointing out that XPO (so far) only handle the cylinder & dry ice trunking for BOC.

The bulk tankers and the delivery fleet are run in-house.

Terry T:
I remember a tanker job offered at £6.66 an hour.

Lol

Terry T:
They’re offering tanker work (non fuel) by me for £12.75 an hour on nights and time and half after 8 hours. Average 54 hours for something like £37k it said.

Not amazing or anything but better than what Norberts were offering not so long back. I remember a tanker job offered at £6.66 an hour.

Not bad at all. Saw ADR work near me for 12 on days. Needed tanks and Petroleum Drivers Passport (never heard of it :open_mouth:). It’s enough to make me consider it. £10 days £12 night for regular class 1 work. Seem to have average wage and decent kit. Also they only have limpers from an internal agency (drat).