XPO Logistics

I’ve noticed XPO seem to be everywhere now. The Donkey Stranglers are the obvious case, but I saw a depot in Hinckley where they’d took down the old name and just put a square sign up with XPO on it (other side and down a bit from the Tesco fridge RDC). Then on my way home from work I saw a BOC gas bottle trailer, pulled by an XPO wagon!

Is it an American quest for global ■■■■■■■■■■?

Seem to be picking up every contract of note from the big boys around warrington way :open_mouth:

I like the idea of xpo & I like Americans

Pimpdaddy:

After you saying that makes me more inclined to agree with your critics on here :unamused:

raymundo:

Pimpdaddy:

After you saying that makes me more inclined to agree with your critics on here :unamused:

Right…

Liveried “We are XPO” wagons are gradually replacing the nobbies-liveried wagons around these parts.

I dont know what they pay but if its decent and they treat you fine, let them crack on.
Only saying :wink:

Cue post with pay and terms to make me look a ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

(edit, or Mr Beaver to explain the size of said ■■■■ :laughing: )

They’re nothing more than a worldwide version of Stobbies. Green army/red army etc.

I’m not fan of working at and around huge, depressing warehouses with huge, depressing H+S policies though, so I’m biased!

Drift:
I dont know what they pay but if its decent and they treat you fine, let them crack on.
Only saying :wink:

Cue post with pay and terms to make me look a ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

If it’s three inches and she likes you - it’s enough. If it’s nine inches and she hates you - it’s too small. :smiley:

Drift:

Is that not Dippers department ■■?

Javiatrix:
They’re nothing more than a worldwide version of Stobbies. Green army/red army etc.

I’m not fan of working at and around huge, depressing warehouses with huge, depressing H+S policies though, so I’m biased!

Thing is. that work is only going to increase with the way the world and more to the point the way logistics is going.
What the industry needs is a big fair player to attract and keep drivers. it seems know one has thought of that yet :wink:

And Raymundo,
I stand corrected, though ready to split my coldsore at dippers comments :open_mouth: :laughing:

Winseer, split me cold sore :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s a guy on here who works for them, drives a plain white new MP4

interestingly , the couple of XPO jobs near here i have seen advertised were of an unexpectedly high salary .

day work 48hrs with ADR ( pallets only, not tankers , cant remember which class this is ) was £39.5k .

and the other one was non ADR , was £34K day work .

things might be looking up .

Pimpdaddy:
There’s a guy on here who works for them, drives a plain white new MP4

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Javiatrix:

On the contrary, they’re actually nothing like Stobbies, they pay a decent straight forward wage that isn’t made up of benefits and bonuses, and they’re not undercutting rates to such a point of buying work, if a contract isn’t profitable they’ll either make it pay or not renew it. Other than that, huge warehouses and H&S are pretty much par for the course in most aspects of haulage nowadays,

The Americans are getting rid of the dead wood. If it doesn’t make money it goes. That stretches from the drivers, through the management and up to the contracts they inherited.

Ad up here 9.60 days 11.00 nights Scotland that is

wee gordy:
Ad up here 9.60 days 11.00 nights Scotland that is

Is that good? I wouldn’t do class 1 work for that round here (West Midlands). As to the H+S, if they’re anything like Palletways, no thanks. Think I saw an XPO driver at CAT Desford. Struggling a bit with a short decker, though he did look quite young (mid 20’s maybe) so maybe they’re taking on new drivers? Or he was struggling getting it into the building… I was in a rush so I couldn’t help.

But yeah they seem to be buying everyone. Saw the front of the storm when I tipped at a Stranglers depot and there was posters with smiling, uniformed men and women (young men and women mind, no old baggage here), bearing “We are XPO”. But at least the wagons are nice, even with the tattered Donkey trailers. :grimacing:

Maybe I should be looking for a job. >.>

Xpo own 85.25% of Norbits dangalybits
Apparently XPO are 10 X better

I wouldn’t dream of discussing your ■■■■ on here Drift. We will discuss it over a pint later on.

8pm Blue Oyster again mate?

As for XPO, I will post some info when they take over at our place in May.